Chicken portraits and pictures- lets see 'em

Dighton, MA

CMoxon, they look like New Hampshire Reds. I had some that looked just like that!

Dighton, MA

Napoleon!!

Thumbnail by cemba33
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

my newest

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ah hah! Very well could be, Cemba! Excellent point! They are good egg layers too, aren't they?

Dighton, MA

Yes, mine still lay and there over 6 years old!!!

Lodi, United States

Napoleon is a stunner.

Aw, da qwutest 'ittle chickie-wickie (okay making myself nauseous--but it is seriously cute--what color is it?)

Belchertown, MA

CMoxon - Your hens look like my Golden Comets.......I'll get some pictures to post this weekend....we've been letting them free range while we are home. Still trying to integrate my injured girl. I don't think the head feathers are going to come back. It's been since late August. They were all out together tonight. It looks like the others will just continue to pick at her. I think my husband is just facing the fact that we will have to have an addition to our beautiful coop. What a pain :( ......but I guess you have to do what you have to do......
Teresa

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

-Bump-

We've got some new folks in the group. Lets see some pics!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Here are my William MacCrea Roundheads. Just got them home last night.

My cock and the larger of the 2 girls. I have not named them yet.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

This is the smaller hen. They are very high strung birds. Hoping they will gentle down a bit with a lot of handling. I want to show them.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Very pretty cajun - thanks for sharing!

Conroe, TX

Lots of pretty pics.
This is our Golden Phoenix rooster Runner.

Thumbnail by smedgekles
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

beautiful roo

(Zone 7b)

I have to get some pics of my new porcelains and buff black tails

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

Ozzie, our Naked Neck Turken.

Thumbnail by kassy_51
Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

Buddy, one of our Ameraucana roo's
We have a Buddy Jr this year.

Thumbnail by kassy_51
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Here's a new baby silkie.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

One of our Ameraucana hen's. Lays green eggs ^_^

Thumbnail by kassy_51
kent, WA

all such beautiful pictures !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Why is this thread so stretched now? Is it just me???

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

It seems to be the exclamation points, but we've all done that before... no clue.

Fuzzy if you will edit out some of the !!!!! it will unstretch the thread.

Clarkson, KY

Is that the secret? I've never been able to figure what I'm doing wrong...

I think so.

Dunnellon, FL(Zone 9a)

Hello!
Did ya miss me? I have missed you all terribly.
I've been busy here on Fluffy Butts Farm.
But here is 1 of my newest members.
Black Copper marans baby - about 2 weeks old.

Will post more pics, soon.
~music

PS~pox are gone and everyone is doing GREAT! In fact, the girls have started laying again about a week & a half ago!

Thumbnail by musicnotes
Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Welcome back Music! Glad to see your cute little Maran!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Hooray! She's back! And with a maran too! Glad to hear the pox is cleared up. That is a horrible affliction...

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I snapped this pic of my roo, while I was gone out of state on business a cougar got in and took 3 of my 4 hens and left both roos... NOw I am down to 1 hen but today she layed her first egg. Here is my Roo and I will get a pix of Henretta tomorrow...

Thumbnail by MissJestr
(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

I wish that who ever made that long thread up there with the ! would edit it to remove some of them. Or maybe an admin could.

Dunnellon, FL(Zone 9a)

lazy-thanks! missed you guys so much
claire- ditto!!
luvs- I AGREE!! I, as master of technical operations, should have probably been here to try and take care of that.
Fuzzy- as MTO-music, I must ask that you do not end any submissions to the board with exclamation points and smiley face to the right.
This is read as an html CODE by the board's system.
This may be a good time to re-start the thread as we are over 2 months. Plus, we all know that Harmony (who has the most posts here)
wants to take and post new pictures of her birdies.
I woke up to the following little one this morning (the larger one hatched last night):
~music

Thumbnail by musicnotes
(Zone 7b)

Okay i admit it i like showing pics of my birds but i didn't know i had the most post (Sorry)

Heres my new members of my flock My Dh brought them home to me today.

2 little white silkie chicks it's been a while since i had chicks and i was so jealous looking at everybodys cute babys.
I was thinking well spring you will have some and out of the blue here they are.
They are so sweet and cute (I been playing with them all afternoon)

Thumbnail by Harmonyplace
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Super cute! I love the silkies and the ducklings are just cuter than buttons!

Makes me want to think about ducklings for next year....

(Zone 7b)

Thanks Claire i see you are very busy and so are others so i didn't do a thread for my little Silkies.
Don't want to interupt all the holiday "Cheer" your sweet to do all this.

I just love my little silkies i just keep looking in the brooder at them. I had forgot how precious and cute they are and in honor of you nameing one of yours harmony i named one Claire Bear.
Haven't name the other one but i will find a cute name for the fuzzy butts.
My Diamonds are still sitting tight and theres 5 days left till hatch {{{{{nervous}}}}}

Harmony^_^

Thumbnail by Harmonyplace

Started a new thread follow me to here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/929714/

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

LOL! Claire Bear! That's so cute and funny at the same time. They get so fluffy and furry looking, they are sort of like teddy bears aren't they? And cuddling one is about the same as cuddling a teddy bear, even better maybe! Thank you for the name! I hope she/he will be a great silkie!

Good luck with the diamond hatch - I am sure we will all be interested to see the babies and how tiny they are, and how they grow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.