Chicken portraits and pictures- lets see 'em

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Here's a better pic of Partner. Game cocks are beautiful birds.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Here they were at less than a week old!

Thumbnail by Lazy_Ladies
San Bruno, CA

This is so great! I'm glad everyone joined it. This is my Black Jersey Giant hen Sandwich. I love the bowling ball with a head look.

Thumbnail by myrrh
Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL - she's one fine looking bowling ball!

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

All very nice and pretty birds. I do have to admit, I am liking the bantams more than I thought I would.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Cajun - love that blue Spanish roo - hope you can round him up! Partner was very handsome indeed - such beautiful colors.

Sandwich is enormous! Now I know why they are called Giants!

(Zone 7b)

I love the game chickens they remind me of my OEGB the games have such bright colors and so many patterns. I have Crelles hes The one with all the bars. I went to a mans home who had the fightin game as they are called here and he had one in standard size looked just like my crelle. (don't remember the name of the game)

Did you hear that grow you could get a standard size game like my crelle and add americana and "WA LA" LEG BAR!

(Zone 7b)

My chicks are gettin all feathered out and look at that little tail.

Thumbnail by Harmonyplace

aint he just pretty

Thumbnail by luvs2garden2000
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Super chick, Harmony!

Turkeys in the mist - love it!!

Here's my contribution for today. Newborn last night sometime...

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz

isnt he just a pretty boy

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

tia, i need a turkey. he is gorgeous

(Zone 7b)

If i can ever get my DH to put up my chain link I'm going to get some turkeys.

Is there one breed better than the other or are they all pretty much the same except for color and size?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

harmony, a chain link will not keep them in. mine use to jump on the fence then hop on the other side of the fence

(Zone 7b)

It's 5 foot can they jump that high? I was either going to put a top on or just clip thier wings.

I'm either going to hatch them or buy peeps.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

i clipped their wings. they can jump that high

(Zone 7b)

Then I'll top it.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

that would be best if you don't want them wandering

(Zone 7b)

Off topic "sorry" please resume with the pics.

Mine get up on top of my pen and it is well over 8 ft tall.

Do you think these pretty guys and gals are having fun? Such is a life of a duck.

While I was out taking pics of the ducks, look who came to investigate. Yummy Yummy

(Zone 7b)

Oh Luvs you sound like my DH always seeing a animal as yummy My DH has been after me for years to let him eat one of my banties (just to see what it would taste like).

San Bruno, CA

Great peep pic CMoxon! I love the look on her (being optimistic) face. The ducks are adorable too.

(Zone 7b)

Lovin the Ducks. Do they make good yard pets i don't have a pond but i've always wanted a duck.
Are they messy (Poo) ive heard they do it all over?

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Here is a pretty picture. It's a wild grouse that a guy caught on a trail ride.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
(Zone 7b)

Can i have the grouse?

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

They will fly a mile with a wing over their hind end so they can poop on the porch!

Not to bad on the poo part, they roam all over so its ok. They are ok as yard pets, they are tearing up my flower beds but the season is almost over so............and that they are getting reseeds and or bulbs. It will grow back. It is nice just to see them play.

Deer season opens soon and hoping to get me one.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

It was Spring and the grouse were breeding. The guy just rustled his hand in the leaves and the grouse went for it. He caught it 2 days in a row. I guess they are pretty birds but maybe not too smart? ! LOL

(Zone 7b)

Just jokin Deer hunting here is like all the men do all winter is hunt and talk about hunting.
My thing i'm against is the killing of fox squirrels they are beautiful and you rarely see one and some hunters shot them.

Hey Cajun somthin pretty as that can poo on my porch anytime.
Are you from louisiana is that the cajun?

Edited to say thought you was talkin about the grouse pooin.

This message was edited Sep 25, 2008 11:25 AM

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Yes, I moved from Bayou Dulac in south La. to Ky 5 years ago.

(Zone 7b)

I'm good friends with a transplanted cajun he lives in augusta I like to here him talk cajun and he likes to hear my southern drawl. One of my best friends is from new york and i love to get her laughin with my backwoods drawl. She will look at me and say huh what did you say?

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Try talking to a computer trouble shooter with a Ky drawl!

(Zone 7b)

OH tell me it ain't so i get my mix all talked up sometimes and nobody can't understand me.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Sounds like when I was in North Carolina this summer and there were a few times I had to ask people to repeat something, and that wasn't even that far south! But I'm excused on account of being Canadian, right?

(Zone 7b)

North carolina i got kin up in them parts no wonder you had a time knowin what they said.

Yes we southern folks love company come set a spell have some sweet tea on da front porch we'll watch the chickens peck the ground and let me tellya bout my youngun's.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I like sweet tea as long as it's got lemon in it... :-)

Sweet tea and chickens in the yard, a couple of my favorite things,

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Tea so sweet it ferments in the fridge on the third day. (if it lasts that long) I have a cajun accent AND a drawl. Nobody has to look at the caller ID to figure out who I am. Nobody sounds like me around here. Or where I came from for that matter. LOL

Just got me a new duck. A muscovy named Miss Quackers. She is pretty. I'll have to get a pic when I put her in the pen.

(Zone 7b)

Sweet tea don't last long around here either and yes claire with lemon and some nice peach pie with homemade crust. If you put that on topa ya head it wood make ya tongue slap ya brains out tryin to get to it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.