Chicken portraits and pictures- lets see 'em

(Zone 7b)

Self blue hen back view

Thumbnail by Harmonyplace
morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Hello all!
Just have to join in on the fun. Mine are all free range so pics not the best.
This is Ms. Sally (Langshun sp)

Thumbnail by daylilydaddy
morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Black shoulder peahen

(Zone 7b)

last one..........well i did have some pigeon pictures......i can hear you from here i'll save them for later............Now lets see those pictures everybody put them here for all of us too see what you love.....................I'm waiting...............

Claire i want to see more of those baby pics their beautiful!

Self blue hen head shot ENJOY!

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

My favorite little bantie hen. She is just a mutt, but so sweet.
Pattie

(Zone 7b)

OH! lovin the langshan and the peahen

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Red laced blue wyandotte
Patsy

(Zone 7b)

Mr. Daylily that looks like a black tail buff to me and shes Beautiful i love banties.

(Zone 7b)

Oh wow i soooooo want that bird! Red laced blue wyandotte writeing that down.

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

This is a mix under their favorite bush. There are banties, and Tukens. You can see my big turkin roos Bo and the blue roos (bantie) henry. The two blond hens(turkens) are Ava and Gretta

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Harmony - your pictures are so beautiful and show the details of the birds so well. I could use them as a reference guide for breed identification! I don't know which is my fave, but I love the self blue hen head shot because you can see all those slight variations in the colors of her head feathers and it's so neat to see that kind of detail because most pics you can't see that.

DaylilyDaddy - love the BLRW - I have 2 of those growing up now. They are about 8 weeks. Ms Sally looks like she was running at top speed in that pic!

Gallesfarm - love the speckled sussex, but it makes me worry about mine. I have one that I thought was a hen but it has a comb more than yours...oh dear...is it a roo?

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Town hall meeting. Mix of guineas, little bantie hen(hard to see) Constance and in the back ground my RIR hens. I will take more later of my other breeds. I helped raise a brood from Murray McMurray chicks called the rarest of the rare. MY payment was to choose some for me. I got attached to certain ones(You know us chicken people LOL) I had just fed so everyone was running into the meadow and woods and could care less about pics. I will get more tonight at feeding time. I will also have to look up some of the names also. I am really lucky that all my chickens gets along. I have a very aggressive male Guinea and the peahen is mean also. So my hounds protect them, but know to stay a good distance away also. I live right in the middle of 100 deep wooded acres and have never had a predator problem. I raised the dogs right next to the chicken pen. Now even some of the chickens sleep in the dog house with the dogs!
George

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

This is my spitzhaben roo. I didn't know he was a roo when I got him. He has a weird crow. Just 3 notes. Oooo Oooo Oooo. All 3 the same. Very odd.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
(Zone 7b)

Claire why haven't you shared your spitzhaben before i didn't know you had such a handsome bird.

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

This is the peacock in the spring. It's his beginning feathers. I would show him now, but he has mottled and looks rather shabby.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I know this isn't the best picture, but it's Rosie doing her "Why won't you let me in the house" dance. She doesn't like it sometimes when I go indoors and she stands on the porch and does this little grumpy dance, like she's stamping her feet. Very funny, and this is her in action.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I think I shared him when I first got him in this linked thread, but I think you were not on DG at that point, maybe?

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/897284/

At the time, I got a creme brabanter, the speckled sussex, the spitz, the buff laced polish, and a dominique. I thought they were all hens. Now I know the spitz and brabanter are roos. I am not sure about the sussex (see post earlier in this thread) but I think the polish and dominique are still hens.

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

This is my other little family of banties. Henry, Constance and Penny. I bought them as chicks for 1.00/piece. Sweet bunch except for the roo. He is mean. They wouldn't hold still, so not a great shot. Best 3.00 I ever spent. They were sold as americauna(sp), but are not. Don't care. wouldn't part with them for nothing.

Clarkson, KY

Ummmmm, can I have all of them??

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

This I don't know the name. Will have to look up. This is Chip. He was splayed leg as a chick. They wanted to cull him, but I made braces for his legs and got him on his feet. He is a special one also.

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

NO!!! LOL
This is a something??? He also had to be leg braced. I can be very hard headed when it comes to healing critters! He is so ugly, he is cute

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Enough for today. This is a red laced cornish. Crazy Jane. I have about 15 big stock and 7 adult banties and 2 little guys at the moment. 8 guineas, a pair of peafowl. I don't want to exceed this number, but I'm a sucker for banties. There is a huge chicken meet coming up in Ohio. That's where it gets hard to resist these banties. I really want a speckled one.
George

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ohhh....I love your "something" - he has great colors!! Chip is pretty handsome too!

OK I need help. how do I post directley from memory card. Or can't I. Must i download to my album and then post. Just got lucky earlier.

(Zone 7b)

I know about the bantams George i got hooked 7 years ago and I have 51 now and that does'nt include the 11 bittys. They come in such interesting colors and patterns it's hard to just own a few.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Here's my blue laced red wyandotte hen - about 9 weeks I think.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Here's an unknown black variety of hen named Huffle with a tufty head. She is practicing her military marching skills.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

One of my favorite hens - she's a golden girl!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
(Zone 7b)

I download mine from my camera to my albums and then hit the browse button choose what i want and hit send

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

My name is Flossie and I am a Miss Chicken America contestant. And I would like to use my talents to bring about world peace. Thank you.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

A study in black and white...
Dominique and silver laced.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Me? Devilish? Whatever do you mean?

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
(Zone 7b)

I've got to get me one of those and ideal has them in bantams i believe.

OH!! Stop it i was supposed to make yall want more chickens not you do it to me.

"Is that the sound of no couldn't be but i did just fix my bater"

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Umm...excuse me, but haven't you taken enough pictures of the spitz? I am WAY more handsome...

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Oh my gosh, I don't even know where to start. I wish I could insert responses after each of these pictures... they are ALL gorgeous!

Harmony,
I love your Mille Fleur. How do you like them? I wanted one of those, but heard that they were still a bit wild, didn't roost very well, and weren't very hardy to cooler weather.... So I decided to stick with my big girls.

(Zone 7b)

Hello Lady Here in Ga. it gets to 0 sometimes in the dead of winter and mine have never frozen.
I have nothing special no lights or straw they just have and enclosed roast in there pens. I've even had them hatch in the winter and not lost a single chick. I will if we have a freezing cold wind cover their pens in plastic or wind break material.
They don't do well in exstreme heat if it hits over 90 i turn on my sprinkler that i have to cool down their pens.

They are flighty and spirited but thats what i love most about them.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Hmmm...hope mine will be OK when it hits -25 F.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

This is my little Blue Spanish Muff / Bantam X. He is still free ranging at the old farm because I can't catch him. That little hen was is his sister but a possum killed her.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Here was my game cock that my big old puppy killed. The roo's name was Partner. He was an Asil / Saipan X.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

So of you have seen this one, but here are my babies I had to give up because one was a roo and I didn't have the heart to split them. They were silkie and bantam cochin mix. I just love how fluffed they were starting to look!

Thumbnail by Lazy_Ladies

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.