Photo by Melody

Rural Gardening: Chicken portraits and pictures- lets see 'em, 1 by daylilydaddy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright daylilydaddy

In reply to: Chicken portraits and pictures- lets see 'em

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Chicken portraits and pictures- lets see 'em
daylilydaddy wrote:
Town hall meeting. Mix of guineas, little bantie hen(hard to see) Constance and in the back ground my RIR hens. I will take more later of my other breeds. I helped raise a brood from Murray McMurray chicks called the rarest of the rare. MY payment was to choose some for me. I got attached to certain ones(You know us chicken people LOL) I had just fed so everyone was running into the meadow and woods and could care less about pics. I will get more tonight at feeding time. I will also have to look up some of the names also. I am really lucky that all my chickens gets along. I have a very aggressive male Guinea and the peahen is mean also. So my hounds protect them, but know to stay a good distance away also. I live right in the middle of 100 deep wooded acres and have never had a predator problem. I raised the dogs right next to the chicken pen. Now even some of the chickens sleep in the dog house with the dogs!
George