Chat-a-Doodle doo #5

(Zone 7b)

Blue mille fleur

Thumbnail by Harmonyplace
(Zone 7b)

These are what he called mille fleur sports the hens lack any blue coloring and are mostly the color you see and white. The roo does have blue color in his tail feathers

(Zone 7b)

Self Blue: Now in your opinion which of these would be the best to breed to get porcelain and i do know how the breeding back goes.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

i think cross your self blue with buff and breed the offspring to your blue mille fleurs...

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

When yall are done with the gene thnigy's let me know what I need to do it with, well the birds that needs to do it. I am so lost I thin it is that bantam elephant and a roost it needs. Not my trees please ice storm last winter took out alot and they are still ugly. Oh and the "droppings" ughhhhhhh.

MMMMMMMMMM yummy goat, the best meat I have ever fixed/eaten. I smoked mine. And no it does nto taste like chicken.

(Zone 7b)

I'm sorry but the elephant has went to bed and she now is in my guest room feel free to leave a message BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

Harmony.. Dad is looking for his babies...

Thumbnail by frans530
(Zone 7b)

Fran How did you get the picture to not have the words on it??????

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

in you preferences you can turn it off.. but remember.. you sort of lose your stamp and others can take your photos..

(Zone 7b)

The elephant pictures aren't special enough for me to lose my personal photos....

(Zone 7b)

Does it look better now????

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

yep.. you can turn it on and off.

I guess sometimes the picture is just to give an idea.. so really most times I don't mind the copyright on it. And while it is very frustrating to have it across your photo.. at least noone will be able to turn your elephant whatever color they want!!

This message was edited Sep 9, 2008 10:54 PM

(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the picture fran and i'm sending off my payment to subscribe tommarow and Claire thanks for makeing the thread about the chicken sexing Good night Grownut hope you feel better and where ever you are cats hope your havin fun and thanks for the kind words Joyce and TF have a nice day/night what ever time it is where your at. See ya molly and suze and if i left anybody out let this go out to you too!! GOOD NIGHT *FRIENDS* ***HARMONY***

Do you see the angel???

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

Good morning to you Harmony and all! I missed all this last night when I departed for slumberland early. I get up so early that by 8 pm I'm yawning.

Pulled the second to last rooster out of the chicken yard this morning. That's two lined up for departure as soon as Paul gets to them.
One left with the hens. He's a very happy roo right now!

MollyD

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

gulp.. when Molly cleans house, she cleans house...

Glad to hear you have a happy roo... and dinner to boot!
I gave away my first dozen eggs last night and dh reminded me they are NOT to be given away!!.. hmm guess I forgot.. next lesson, how to tell friends you are trying to at least recoup your investment.

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

frans530 LOL we are firm around here!

Yeah you will find lots of takers for free eggs and chicken dinners but few who will even offer to pay or help with chores!!!

MollyD

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

You know I don't have a problem preping them for dinners.. It's just that the roos that I have that need culling are the silkies.. and while I understand you could eat them.. I just don't know that I can get the dark skin past the family.. wonder if I skinned them and made chicken & noodles..

Oh question.. what is the age.. the line between chicken you might want to fry or bake vs chicken & noodles?

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

good question there frans, and what is the best breed for fry and bake if it is at a younger age? I do plan to cull sometime in november or december as they will be around 4-5 month old then and I should be able to tell the roo's by then.

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9a)

Silkie meat is also bluish black, as are the bones and internal organs, not just the skin.

I would breed both your self blues. Do you have buffs? If so, breed one to buff and the other to your mille fleurs with the lighter red/buff colouration. After a month, switch it around. That will give you 4 sets of offspring to work with. I don't think using the blue mille makes any difference--I would select for the ones with the colouring closest to buff rather than red.

1st: Self blue roo to buff hen & self blue hen to mille roo
2nd: Self blue roo to millle hen & self blue hen to buff roo

Suze

Clarksburg, MO

I'm with Tia. Just tell me what I need to get and who to breed to who and I wille happy to participate. I am still a newbie to genetics, but love all the info you all are willing to share.

Sheila

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

I haven't posted a picture of Twitch, a red silkie, since he grew up.. and his comb just keeps growing and growing.. one day he will fall over face forward and never get up again..
I think this is the ugliest comb there is.

Thumbnail by frans530
Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

And my blk hens & wht roo

Thumbnail by frans530
(Zone 7b)

Suze by Buff do you mean like buff orpington do i need buff or can i just do.
Shouldn't the milles & self blues be from seperate genetics to prevent inbreeding i thought if they were then i could breed the #1 offspring of closets color To #2 offspring of closets color and not have to worry about inbreeding then i could breed these #3 of like color who will not be brother/sister and hopefully porcelain then of thier offspring back breed mother son father daughter which would be #4 and should stay porcelain and carry the porclain genes. does this sound correct?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Twitch is adorable despite his comb. It is a little overwhelming, but the rest of him certainly makes up for that. What a cute little pumpkin he is!

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Ooo, they are lovely!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

sorry to interupt, ut looky!

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Awww....JKJ....so cute! The "black chick of the family"! And I thought it just applied to sheep!! LOL!!

Clarksburg, MO

Jordan Those are awfully cute chicks. Did you list directions to your house also. May need to stop bbbby and pick some up. LOL.

Sheila

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

YOU GOT MY CHICKS?

Thumbnail by frans530
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

LOL Frans - perfect pic for the quote!

(Zone 7b)

Jordan is that Bessemer Alabama if ti is do you go to the collinsville trade day fleamarket.

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks.. and Jordan they are beautiful... little balls of peeps

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

harmony, yes bessemer, al. never heard of collinsville flea market, unless it's the one my husband wants to take me too when it gets ooler

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Here are my new Aracauna babiez....

Thumbnail by ZZsBabiez
Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Here is the one that "flipped" as a pullet

Thumbnail by ZZsBabiez
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

zz, they are adorable

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Okay.. Just one more.. I love chick pics in the morning!

Thumbnail by ZZsBabiez
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Cute as buttons! I wish I had some with those fun colors!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

So are YOURS JordanKitty! Your darling baby pics promted me to get pics of mine.. LOL So fuzzy and snuggly! I love how you got one black in the group.. too cute!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

zz, they are jap. bantams and no bigger than a minute

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.