Chit Chat - Everyone Welcome Part 69

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

It was past time to start a new thread. Anyone, from anywhere, is welcome to join in and chat with us. : )

We came from here>>>> http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/897995/

Thumbnail by BlueGlancer

Molly, what made your electricity go off? Did you have bad weather?

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

No, no bad weather. I don't know why, but glad it came back on before too long.

Molly

Ours went off a couple of days ago. Twice. I figured one of these kooks around here hit a telephone pole. It didn't stay off long.

Sure is quiet tonight. : )

Zolfo Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Lucy you feeling any better?

Yes, alittle.
How, was your dinner?

It was good. DH didn't go he decided to stay home.

So, he had ribs, and you had fish? I can't wait till I can eat ribs again. I can almost taste them now. : ) I'm back and to watching nancy Grace on 204. Cindy Anthony is on the phone with her.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Good nite y'all

Nite, Wren. See ya tomorrow. : )

Nite wren sleep well.

Lucy you could have eaten the ribs i cooked. They fell off the bone.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

GOOD EVENING
Mom, are you here or over on that orchid forum? How's the blood pressure. will call.
Lucy, hope you are feeling better.
Linda, how's your head? and your butterflies. I just picked pods from my Passion Vine. Need to send you some.
Molly, hope you enjoyed your day off. Interesting how roots of the plants clarify the pond. I think I have mine balanced now. It is very clear.
Lovely 'weed' Fleur. I just read one of the articles on Dave's about how the weeds can help break up and replenish the soil. And show you the ph. I let lots of my weeds grow... and some of them feed the caterpillars. This is Narrow leaf cudweed that the American Painted Lady uses for host plant
Eastern Tiger Swallowtail on the other thread. One of my favorites.

Thumbnail by EFGeorgia1
Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

nite Wren,, peaceful rest

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh,, Linda, yes, we are going over to Nc to visit friends, then down to SC to the GA/SC game. GO DAWGS! Our friends are SC fans.. and I mean fanatic fans.

Hey Elaine. : )
I figured you were asleep by now.

I know they are Elaine. The dawgs should win. I like Lucy figured you had already turned into a pumpkin.

Had red snapper at Sues tonite. Good!!!

Lucy did they say anything else about that little girl tonite.

Not really anything new on the little girl. Nancy was just trying to convince the grandmother that she was probably no longer alive. The Grandma is in denial, tho.
This is just an awful case.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Red Snapper??? who caught it? You knew I would ask that. Yum.
Wellll, am falling asleep over the laptop. Worked in Pre-k today and again tomorrow. Then 2nd for 2 days. Think I'll take next week off. LOL
Nite all
Teach

Nite, Elaine. Sweet Dreams. : )

Someone gave it to Sue don't know who caught it.

Nite get your beauty rest. Sleep well.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

nite... I know he was 'legal' lmo.

Elaine, I think snook season opened yesterday, down here. : ) Time to go fishing, again. : )

Lucy they are never going to find that little girl much less alive.

Oh did it Lucy: I didn't know that.

I hope they find that lil girl, but for some reason, I doubt they will. : (

Does your DH like to fish?

unfortunately no. Wish he did

Lucy i am off to bed didn't sleep well last nite so i b tired. Catch you tomorrow Nite hope you sleep well and getting up feeling all refreshed and full of energy.

I'm going to go watch TV, till I fall asleep. Talk to you tomorrow.
Nite, Nite, and sweet dreams. : )

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Morning all.....

I read that article too Elaine, and that cudweed looks interesting. The ETS is beautiful, the butterflies all seem to love the lantana and fennel more than anything else I have.

Thumbnail by fleurone
(Arlene) Lakeland, FL(Zone 9a)

Good Morning,

Hope everyone is doing well today. I wanted to share my good news...the coleus cuttings I am trying to root in the flats are still alive. Yaaay!

Michelle... Cat whiskers are flowering. I could not believe it when I went out Monday morning. They are looking really good and all survived minus one. I will take pics later today.

Have a great day everyone! : )

Morning all. : )

Fleur, aren't those BF's just beautiful? I have quite a few this year, and it looks like now that Fall isn't far away, there will be more and more. Everywhere I look my eyes are catching BF's. : )

Gardenia, way to go with your coleus cuttings. : )

(Arlene) Lakeland, FL(Zone 9a)

: ) Thanks Lucy. Now all I need are the names for them and I should be good to go.

West Central, FL(Zone 9b)

Good day everyone. To catch up on some things from past threads:

Molly, I hope you get things dried out at home and can fix those leaks...must be awful to have to deal with that .

Cathy I hope you are having a nice trip, or had a nice trip...not sure when you are comming home.

Lucy, hope you are going to get your energy back soon.....Fall and cooler weather are comming.

Linda, I can imagine what your place is like with all the Bf's you have. Some day I will have more. Have seen more this year than last...at least different types..but gosh darnit I never have my camera at the right time......

Gardenia...glad you like those Cat's whiskers....and your Coleus cuttings are doing well.

Handled the rest of the weeds this am, now the grass needs to be "mowed" again with the weedeater. Didn't I just do that the other day? LOL!
At least the back yard doesn't have a very big patch of grass!

Going shopping at Big Lots later today...hope I can find some bargains.
Here is my musical note plant starting another flush...

Michelle:)

Thumbnail by shellabella
West Central, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh almost forgot...anyone know the name of this litttle flower? I forgot what it's called.
Low grower kinda sprawls or trails. These are cuttings ..thought I might root them .

Thumbnail by shellabella

Elaine, I couldn't find narrow-leaved cudweed in the DG Plant Files, but find it in Google searching as Filago gallica. You can create a Plant Files page for the plant and include your photo if you want to add to the the DG resources. I'll have to look for some of the cudweed. I'm trying to encourage as many species of butterflies as I can to come and hang out and make offspring.

Christina is home! She came in a day early yesterday, unexpectedly. I was finally getting around to house cleaning just as she walked in the door, so now I assume I am relieved of that chore since I don't need to impress her with a clean house upon arrival. LOL I do have to straighten up my bedroom and dig through the piles of bills, other mail, documents, and trash to sort it out. One of my dern cats decided my 2 ft high by 8 ft long loosely arranged stack of every seed and garden catalog I ever received made a dandy spot to pee. I hope the wood floors beneath aren't stained, but in any case, I suppose I will need to dispense with some of my collection of hundreds of catalogs. I'm not sure why I felt compelled to save them all, but it is probably like empty flower pots, I may just need them someday for something. LOL

Anyone in Jacksonville (or elsewhere) that wants to join us for dinner tonight, we are meeting friends at Jackie's Seafood, North Main St., just south of the Trout River Bridge. I have a 20+ year standing date with a group of friends for once-a-week dinner. The group has evolved into mostly musicians, though we are never quite sure whom is going to show up, it is always fun. There is a 2-for-1 coupon for Jackie's Seafood in the northside edition of one of the coupon mailers, but I'm not sure it got sent to anyone outside of our area up here.

Jeremy

Jeremy Come spring if you wont cud weed let me know I have that weed growing in my yard, or you can buy it for the Sade Oak butterfly farm www.butterfliesetc.com It is dormit right now.
Sandy/wren

Thanks, Sandy, I'll try to remember! It would be nice to have some of it.

No clue, Michelle, on your purplish flower. I thought at first it might be a type of Ageratum, but the leaves are not right. It will be interesting to find out what it is.

Jeremy

That purplish flower I got last year from a fellow DGer as 'Bacherlor Buttons' they have done very well for me here. I just trimmed some this morning.

Jacksonville, FL

Jeremy---Glad Christina is home-I am sure you are thrilled. Donna and I will see you tomorrow 11- ish. Did you get any results from the city on the tree yet?. Although Hannah looks like it might miss us, she may change paths in the interim and I know JEA and the city is trying to get everything cleaned up from Fay so you might want to press the issue.

Had a wonderful visit from Shirley today and showed her around my gardens (also my unique "ant collection") and we did some planning for the get-together at her house for 9/28 and did alot of gardening gab! And "girl gab" as well--- I so much enjoyed your visit Shirley and do come back and visit anytime!!
I had to go and get my "almost flat" tire repaired and ran some other errands. Now it is relax time until it cools off.
Gotta go out at some point and cut the "sneaky flowers" (as Sidney calls them) off my coleus and water just a few areas.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.