Chit Chat - Everyone Welcome Part 69

South Venice, FL(Zone 9b)

Lucy, I'll be watching for the smoke signals.....

Hope it gets better soon :-)

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

Cathy, if you see smoke signals, come get me. I'll be out by the road with my kitty. Just drop me off at the closest syco ward. lol

No, no, we'll go plant shopping, that will make you feel better! And we'll find a catnip plant for kitty too.

Oh, kitty will like the catnip. She has a scratch pad she uses every day that has that scent on it. She justs drools all over it. I thought about planting some, but she likes it so much, I'm afraid she would make herself sick with a live plant.

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

My Coconut kitty loved catnip so I planted some for him. Whenever we would go for a walk he would head for it and lie down and roll. He never ate it, just rolled in it. Even when he ws so sick earlier this year, he wold walk as far as his catnip and lie down and go to sleep. I'd have to carry him back to the house. Not long after he died I noticed the catnip was no longer there. It never came back over the summer. One of those wonders of nature.

Qwilter, sorry to hear about your Coconut kitty, they're never here long enough, are they? How are you enjoying your travels?

Lucy, I used to grow catnip in hanging baskets, just so the plants wouldn't get completely loved to death by the cats, but finally gave it up after all the local toms were all coming here too! Too many midnight cat brawls. Now I buy the dried stuff by the pound and they get some everyday, if not twice a day! They love their "crack-nip" so much!

Evening Qwilter, well maybe not evening. lol

Yep, Cathy, that was another reason not to plant it, because it would bring strays around more. I have enuff crossing the yard as it is, don't need anymore. : )

Zolfo Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Lucy I had no idea he had that much junk scuse me stuff. I have an extra bedroom (not for him but for you) lol. Maybe it won't last to long.

Watching Gretta still nothing on that little girl. I do hope they find her dead or alive.

We didn't get home from Lakeland until almost 10:00. Ran lots of errands trying to stretch that gas.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

nite all.

Nite GF sleep well and dream of BF's.

Hey there, Linda and Elaine. That was a long shopping trip, Linda. I know how it is combining things now. Gotta save that gas. : ) I'm gonna go watch another ultra sound Tues. with my DD over in St. Pete, probably be the last one I see before the real thing. Only about 5 more weeks left.

So much for making a baby room here, the big baby took up all available space. We will have to put the new baby in the boat, I guess. lol : )

Oh, nite, Elaine. Sweet Dreams. : )

Shift the big baby to the boat. I know you are getting excited now. I would be.

It was a long shopping trip but we got quite a bit accomplished. Did come home without a new plant if you can believe that.

West Central, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh Boy Lucy....!
I can see you and your kitty with hobo sticks goin down the road to Linda's place.
A little one for the kitty carrying the catnip. :)

It's good DS is showing his appreciation for the emergency accomodations.
I can hardly ever say no to my kids when they need something....it's a very hard thing to do.
Hope this is all over by Christmas for you.

It won't be long before the little one will be here.....you will be amazed at how it feels to hold him in your arms....

Linda...what!? no plants? LOL!

Actually No, I don't believe that, Linda. I know there has to be a plant hid in that vehicle somewhere. LOL

I know ladies it was hard for even me to believe i came home with not one plant. I promise to do better next time.

Michele, I still can't comprehend having a little one around again. I think what's gonna happen is, I'm gonna have that baby alot when her DH has to go back on tour. I may not even be home except on weekends. DD is the bread winner in that family, and has to work.

Lucy i bet you will have the little one a lot and you will love every minute of it.

Ladies i am tired so off to lay down have a good nite and sweet dreams.

I'm exhausted, too. More of the same, tomorrow. Nite all, sweet dreams.

Orange Park, FL(Zone 9a)

Dear Jeremy,

Thanks for the advice on the fig tree, I am beginning to think it would probably be easier to take the tree out and plant a new tree somewhere else. I hate to destroy something that old, but it is so large it is going to be a bear to try and save.

See you Sept. 28th!

Shirley

Orlando, FL

Now who did I get that custard apple from. Paul? I know it was somone further south than orlando.I got that little tree over at the lakeland reunion a few yrs ago. Its now about 6 ft tall. growing good but no fruit yet. Anyone??? Fran

I am starting a new thread. Be right back with it. : )

Ok, everyone collect up all your belongings, and drag your recliners over to our new thread. : )
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/900340/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.