Central Florida Vegetable Gardening

Yeehaw Junction, FL

Is there anyone out there who can point me to a good local source for Florida grown soil and amendments, plants and fruit trees in the Kissimmee/Saint Cloud area? The big box stores are not a great resource for plants that thrive in this climate and poor soil. Thanks in advance for any help!

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

If you are able to go further north Apopka has lots of nurseries around Plymouth Sorrento Rd. Many are wholesale but also sell to the public. Google Apopka nurseries. Some are not listed but once you start driving the streets it's one nursery after another. Some are huge operations and others are mom & pop in a yard. Lots of citrus growers, succulents and natives. I used to go there several times a year and stay a day or two to shop and visit orchid grower friends. Another great nursery area is Homestead/Redland but that's a trip for you. However, if you did plan to be down there check out the calendar for the various specialty plant show events at Redland. A lot of tropical imports start there.

New York City, NY

Thanks, I will keep it in my mind. I just came across this article titled “Top 5 Best College https://easyreadernews.com/5-best-homework-help-websites-for-college-students/">homework help websites for college students It’s a great resource for college students who sometimes need a little extra help. Time is money in college and these platforms look like they’re designed to help you out.

This message was edited Aug 28, 2023 8:59 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.