Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

And the other direction:

Thumbnail by katie59
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

"Shopping"

Thumbnail by katie59
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I so injoyed it, Great job Gordon, and loved the entertainment LOL
Not everyday you see that, plus take out the corner of a barn. this was the only shot I got, before he did it.
Petal to the metal.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Talk about camera bugs, geeesh!!
Was so happy to see Carol, was such a delight. Sooo missed her.

Can't wait to see Kathys pic on this, Too funny. Camera dule.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I gave Carols DD my camera to take a shot or two, like Kathy's first one, But I want to know how she got 5 of them and I only saw 1 flash?
I haven't been able to do that, and I've had it for 2 years. What did you do????

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

And this is the mad man with a camera. (Rach's dad) that made us pose for Sooooooooo Long. LOL

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Simple, Tills. Rach's dad is using my camera. It is so slow. I'm impressed that he got so many. But . . . how did you know I got 5 pictures of the gang?

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Some of my pics didn't turn out to well
This must of been a good discussion.
Rach, Pix's, katye, and Rob.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Hey. Is that the corydalis lutea? Rob - next time we meet I'd love to get some of that from you . . .

This is serious gardener talk. :-)

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Not yours, mine.
When I down loaded I got 5. Okay, how did they do that?
He had yours.
And Carol's DD had mine.
Mmmmmm
I didn't know you had 5, matbe they master minded it. LOL

Everett, WA(Zone 7b)

Thank you all for such a wonderful time... and thanks so much, Gordon, for being such a generous and personal, fun host! I had a great time... and FOUR hours flew by for me!! lol My DD is sitting on my lap looking at the pictures of momma and all her gardening friends... she said "can we go there tomorrow? And me too?". I said maybe when you're four years old! :)

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I want this, Gordon, PPPPLease.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I got one of Momma, Sweetie.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

And another, sharing info and plants.
I love swaps not offen I get to go, this one was I think the biggest, also got to meet 2 new to me DGers in person.
Thissledown and Ladybugfan ( hope I spell them right)
So glad to meet you both. Like faces with names.
And was so happy to see all of you I do know, was a big treat for me.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

The parting was hard, was having such joy with all of you, did not want to leave, or you to leave.

Kathy, Carol, and Carols DD.
Carol and her DD getting ready to leave.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

The back of Carol's DDs van. I think she is leaving with more than she brought. I think we all did. LOL

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Everett, WA(Zone 7b)

Oh dear, I am just not photogenic... oh well. The kids like seeing pics of mommy on the computer.... but they would rather see themselves!! LOL

I'm so sorry, I just noticed that I completely missed some posts from last night I think...

Tills, thanks for the info on strawberry plants... I thought it was by underground runners, but gotcha, its above-ground... a little bit easier to keep in-bounds! And that is good to know about replacing the mother plant every few years. I wouldn't have known... well, perhaps would have figured it out, at some point late down the road, but sure is nice to know ahead of time!

Pixy, thanks so much for the offer about the grape vines... darn, I really wish I had seen that before the swap, a plant or root cuttings would have been awesome... but I got some woody cuttings of Gordon's grape vine, so I am trying to start it in both water and right in the ground... I'll keep my fingers crossed! Thanks again though!!

North Lakewood, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the fun day! Gordon your energy amazes me, and I love all your gardens.
Next time you all get together let me know, I'll be there. You guys were fun!!!
Tilly I think I had small geraniums like the one you wanted in Gordon's garden. Send me a D mail with your address and I'll mail you one.
Maybe in the spring we can all gather up here in NORTH Lakewood.
Linda
PS Gordon is the plant you want Yucca rostrata?

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Stacy, It was so great to see you there. You got the addictions of Daves Like I did last year, Have fun..

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Why is it you all are over there, We have 4 or 5 on my side of the pond LOL
And I thought Neo was coming?
Was great to meet you Linda, Sending addy. I just love the colors of it, when we get my Gypsy wagon paint party going next year. They will look so cool, by it.
This is the old tread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/835168/

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Has everyone got home safe?

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Anyone missing there shoe???
Or is it the tree's?

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

While I was at Gordons, my late Bday present show up, thought I would post it here.
My very own tractor.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

But only Garfield can drive it. LOL

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Tilly and Ester had to have a kiss under it.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Snohomish, WA

What a great day! Wish the weather would have been nicer, but who noticed, untill later when you are cold and wet, but that was like 4 hrs later. It sounds like everyone had fun, and the plants that people brought were great! I was exhausted, took a good long nap.
If you missed the entertainment of watching my dad "park" the mobile home, it was humor that Hollywood couldn't dream up.Just the groan of the barn as he took out the corner was too much! Thanks for not laughing when he got out, must have been hard for all!! But I will turn that thing into a cool green house/office, and who could complain about free?

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Have to say it was hard not to laugh, but when he went thru the trees headed to the fence and the neighbor's, sorry I had to yell "STOP"
But he acted as he was proud of it. Funny

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Glad you got a nap, I would say it was a good day, rain no matter, we all get wet, we live here. LOL
Got home unloaded, planted what needed to be. Posted some pics.
Finally dry out and ready for nite nite.

Love you all, so enjoyed it.

Thank you Gordon, for having it. was a miracle that I could be there, so sad Jim couldn't be there.
Sending Hugs to all.
Night
Tills
Parting.....

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Omigosh - sounds like things got mighty entertaining after we left!!

Gordon, my DD spent some time talking with your dad (while I was wandering your yard and enjoying all the work you've done) and found him delightful.

BTW, was that actually Gordon that said he took a nap? I will forever think of him as an Energizer Bunny . . . I am so jealous of all that energy (and it's NOT because he's younger than I - I have never in my entire life had that kind of get-up-and-go!!).

Thanks again to everyone for a delightful time and all the great plants - and I have to admit, they are still in my van as I ran a couple errands on the way home, then had something to eat, then fell asleep for awhile. Oh, well, tomorrow will do!

Mary, your birthday gift is precious - your DH really knows how to choose properly!! I love it.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

It's a big mobile home and moving it is quite a feat. I'm excited to see what you guys turn it into when you guys get it into its permanent spot.

Of course, if this rain doesn't stop and let the ground dry out, it'll take two trucks to move it!!

Glad you got a nap, Gordon - it was the right day for it. Good company, good food, good plants, and a good nap. It doesn't get much better than that.

Thumbnail by katie59

Okay, Soferdig wasn't driving. Whew! I'm glad to hear it! Okay, I'm not tapping my foot anymore.

Well, color me talkative! Did anyone ever have so many photos posted with their mouth open? I get with a group of gardening friends and it's just 'yack yack yack'! Fortunately, even though I swore I would not take many plants home, everyone brought such cool things and people are so garden-generous that I ate my words. That's okay because Rob ate his, too. Ha! Good luck id-ing all those succulents, Rob!!

Stacy, I'll take a look at those grape vines and see if I can get away with any rooted pieces. If not, and you still want cuttings, they are easy as pie to mail.

Tills, I owe you the Lobelia tupa seeds, also Baby Bunny Bellies all around for Tills, Thistledown, Kathy and ??? Gordon?

Gordon, your place is divine and you are a complete gardening natural!! Everything looks just fabulous! That's a perfect site for a nursery. And thanks to your dad, there is plenty of entertainment, too! Never have I seen anyone back a huge trailer that fast before. Hope he forgives me for the ship porthole. My dh loves it.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Baby Bunny Bellies . . . you can't imagine how many times I've repeated that to myself today. Who wouldn't want them?

Baby Bunny Bellies? I missed the conversation on those, but as Kathy said, who wouldn't want them? With a name like that, they could be Canadian Thistle and become an endearing plant instead of a noxious weed!

North Lakewood, WA(Zone 8b)

Too funny Katie. I've been calling them Fuzzy Baby Bunny Bellies.
Linda
Thistledown Farm

Murmur, your name's on the list! Oh yes, they are infinitely touchable.

Carnation, WA(Zone 7b)

What a wonderful day, rain and all. It was the best 'welcome' I've ever had and we've moved a fair bit. It was very nice to put names with faces.
Sorry I'm so late to post, I've been wandering the yard looking for just the right place to put the dinosaur. Guess I need to remove some stumps to get the best location. Although I had nothing to swap, everyone was very generous. If I figure out how to post a photo, I'll show you the T-Rex with his new food (Tks. Gordon).

The food was wonderful, the company was better. What a great learning opportunity for a relatively new gardener. I feel like I'm in the right place to feed my plant habits.

Thank you so much Kathy for the invite for coffee and the tag along to Gordon's. I smiled all evening talking about the garden and friendly folks with my DH.

Looking forward to the next time.

Kris

Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

What a sweet message - Gordon, you did good, very very good. How nice to be able to put a smile on so many faces.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

So this is Gordon's treasure that you (and I) came home with, Kris. Petasites japonicus var. giganteus 'Nishiki-buki'

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=Petasites%20japonicus%20var.%20giganteus%20'Nishiki-buki'&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Now, tips for how to mulch?

Laurie, we actually did ask Gordon to dig up one of his plants whilewe were there. Can you imagine? Well, he said we could. And he was quite the host about it. Oh, and then, after we had all gotten good and wet, we went inside and Gordon had hors d'eouvres for us. The piece de resistance? The most delicious apple pie I've ever had - the crust was to die for!!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Wow, sounds like you all had a fabulous day! I'm really bummed I didn't get to be there. The best thing I can say about my day is that at least it didn't rain....

Gordon, I think you're really going to have to have a make-up day.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.