Lingernot/Staynot Gladomeer (Thread 5)

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

This is the strart of Lingernot Gladomeer. A long distant cousin to Staynot. Staynot is currently away and can't be found at the current time. Lingernot has volunteered to fill in until Staynot Returns. If you've missed the adventure so far, just click on the links to the old threads.

First Thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/859125/
Second Thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/864578/
Third Thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/871005/
Fourth Thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/881702/

Looks like were all Full on People playing, below are the rules and people involved:

You keep it for one weeks.
Must take a picture of the Gnome in your garden.
Sign a piece of paper with small note and place inside of Gnome.
Post Picture and send the little guy to the next person.

Keep in mind we should keep all address off of this forum and just between the person who has it and the person who needs it.

What do you guys think?

ps. The Gnome I will be sending likes Tropicals and other Gnomes...

Ok Here is the List:

1. Kimarj *
2. svplantingfool *
3. jojoringer *
4. Slipperman (On his way, should already be there)(Give us Staynot or else....lol)
5. LariAnn *
6. Sheila_FW *
7. abbisgranma *
8. heavenscape (Lingernot Arrived)
9. barhea7
10. Samigal
11. ByndeweedBeth
12. Pixydish
13. BeaHive
14. sunnyg
15. Santeelady
16. Sally_OR
17. nanniepb
18 Pamgarden
19. Doe41
20. Texasbigleaves
21. CMoxon
22. jordankittyjo
23. LavinaMae
24. Mrs_Ed
25. makshi

PS. Lets try to make it to 25 people then send him home.

This message was edited Sep 18, 2008 1:04 PM

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

Lingernot is on his way to Texas.
Confirmations and Tracking number 0308 0730 0001 1076 5496

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

How exciting. I for one have been waiting for this to get moving again. Thanks Beth and Pop.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Come on down!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh my!!!!
The gnomes in Jayeville will definitely have a crawfish boil when Lingernot gets here...courtesy of Tante Joey!

I might just hand deliver him then Jaye.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

That would be awesome Marion, make sure you bring along some of Kim's famous chicken tacos!

You just never know what I might decide to do. For sure if I being him I wouldn't think of company without those. Plus something lemon for Kel.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Ahh you remember!!
What would be the first thing you'd do once Lingernot gets there Marion? Introduce him to JD?

Oh you will have to wait and see what is planned for Lingernot when he arrives. We do have some things in the works for the little guy--yes even checking out some plants. That is if they are presentable after Fay does her thing. Might let him sleep on my pill....well you know.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Lingernot might be the good luck we all need to drive LF away!!!

Don't think it he is working yet. Have you checked the latest?

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Dagnabbit I had the wrong window open and posted it in the last thread!!

Anyway, here it is again:

I thought it was about time we had a Logo for this thread ... Don't you?

How about ... ????

(I hope it isn't minded that I used a couple of the thread's photos, and one of LariAnn's Awesome Alocasia robusta pics; and I can remove the copy mark)

Thumbnail by WNYwillieB

The website says Lingernot has arrived in Fort Worth this morning!!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Lingernot has arrived in Texas!!! The eagle had dropped him off and he climbed up in a tree to catch the next Gnome D-fly transport to the Gnome village. But he was too high and they didn't connect, it passed him by! So Lingernot decided to walk and try to find the village on his own....

ps note: I just happen to notice the amount of postage (>$10) it took to get him here. Could it be the cost that is postponing Staynot's travels?

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

He walked for a long time and came up on the TCU horned frog. But all he knew was the way to TCU stadium! But he knew he was close by the Texas bed....

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Picture loading problems tonight... I will keep trying.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

After a short time Lingernot arrived at the tip of the TX bed. The sun told him not too much was blooming because of the drought in TX this year. But things are looking up with rain last week. He urged Lingernot to climb up and take a look from the post in the TX valley.....

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

From that spot he could see across the yard to what looked like a body of water. That is where he would head next.....

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW

It is a good thing Lingernot is in Texas with you as we would have to put several lifejackets on him. BTW, does he swim?

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

OMG!! Sheila is your flower bed shaped like te state of Texas??? how cute is that!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Lingernot could hear the water but was having trouble finding it; so up he was going again. That is until I stopped him. That Plumaria from Christi that he was not going to damage!

Abbi...I am not sure about the swimming; Beth may know if he has ventured in the water before. He does love to look at it.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW

Well we just might have to get him a lifejacket and a raincoat if this Fay doesn't let up!! Golashes too

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Santee. Abbisgrama....I feel for you in that storm flooding...be safe.

I showed him the way to the waterfall and he noticed the crepe myrtle blossoms. I explained my neighbor had very tall trees that he never pruned. Well with that axe, he was prepared to chop them down to size! But I explained that we couldn’t do that.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW

Thanks Sheila. Just part of living in Florida I guess but this is hanging on longer than any I can remember. Stubborn lady!!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

With hurricanes in FL, landslides and fires in CA, I think I will take my chances with tornados in N TX. My pond below was under three foot of water about three years ago from rain storms that didn't move. We were lucky at that time.

…….
Here is a picture of Lingernot near the waterfall taken from a distance.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Well we finally moved on and went past the parsley farm on the outskirts of the village. They are planting this for my Black Swallowtail butterflies caterpillars to feed on next year.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW

HBow nice! I wanted a waterfall and pond but everyone laughs at me as I have a lake in the backyard. Doesn't stop me from wanting it now does it?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

As we got to Tom’s house, we caught him watering the plants outside. He takes very good care of them. He and Lingernot hit it off and started talking about the veggie gardens, etc… I decided it would be dark before long and I left them. Tom had insisted he spend his first night there. We have a few plans in the works tomorrow.

Abbisgrama...Not at all. It is kinda like stray dogs running the street, and your own dog. (How's that for a comparison!) Guess I am getting sleepy.....lol....until tomorrow.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Eugene, OR

Looks like Lingernot i settling right in and having a grand time. Beautiful gardens Sheila, love the TX bed lol

abbisgranma... nothing wrong with wanting a fountain. After we lost my Dad I got one for Mom to have in the house because it was just too quiet. I have one on my deck, just outside my window. It is so soothing to listen to it when I sit for a rest. The birds love it too. We have a river nearby, but not close enough that we can hear it from the house.
I walk back there when I can to listen to the water going over the rocks, brings a smile every time.

I still might do a water garden but Sally, the lake is in my backyard. I sit in the breakfast nook each morning and watch the herons coming and going while I enjoy my coffee. In fact, the people who built this house designed it so the lake can be seen from all the rooms. Love it dearly!!

I hope Lingernot will enjoy it.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I can't wait to see the pictures Abbisgranma! Sounds beautiful.

Well we think it is. Hubby chose this location when we were looking for our retirement home. Took us 3 years to find what we wanted. He was able to spend about 9 months off and on between treatments. It is peaceful and I love it!!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

We didn't do much yesterday just sat around. Today we are taking Lingernot to the Cowgirl Hall of Fame. Just to give you an idea of the beauty....
Going to give him a little taste of Texas culture.

http://www.cowgirl.net/generalinfo.asp

Oh, that sounds like fun!!

Eugene, OR

abbisgranma...we have a small pond behind our house, gets bigger in the winter, and we get to watch the heron too. What lovely, graceful birds they are. Right now we're watching deer come in for blackberries. There's a stand of trees between us and the river, lots of blackberries. Sometimes they come in after my apples.

I hope the cowgirls don't lasso in Lingernot. Sounds like a fun place to go.

Looks like Lingernot is having a great time in Texas! Great photos and I LOVE the waterfall!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Beth. I have been busy outside with shrub trimming etc. today. I will post some pics tonight. DH just bought us a laptop and it is taking some getting used to!

Lest we not forget out sweet Staynot...
I found one of his tribe held hostage at the local Kmart and offered for the degrading amount of $4!
He must be Staynots older brother, and is about a foot tall....he's a BIG BOY.

Thumbnail by ByndeweedBeth

The clan speaks!

Thumbnail by ByndeweedBeth

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.