Unusual Seed Swap 08 Announcement

Greenbush, MI(Zone 4b)

Thanks so much Becky! I'm looking forward to the seed swap: I can't hardly wait to see my goodies.

Carol

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Have you gotten my seeds yet? I sent them last week.

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

I received one of the packages today dylancgc. Thanks so much.
Will let ya know when the other one arrives.
Theresa

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Theresa, Did you ever receive my seeds.
Thanks
Vickie

beckygardener,

You are the lady with the awesome Silks, right??? Like that silk with blue and purple watercolor paints????

WOW! I wish I had 5 user names and could send seeds under all 5, then I'd get 5 packs of your MGs. LOL

Thanks for sending us all some of those beauties. :-)

April

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

April - Ah ha! A lurker on the MG Forum, huh? LOL! If you are talking about either of the 2 crosses I created, Yaguruma Blizzard or Lady Yaguruma's Kaleidoscope ... then yes! I am the one and only! LOL! Sheer luck really to get such unusual blooms! One of the main reasons I love MGs!!! :-) Especially those amazing Ipomoea nil vines! :-) MG seeds will be my contribution to this swap. :-) I hope everyone has good luck growing them! :-)

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks Becky! You know me and my camera issues…I have to take at least 50 pics of every new bloom that opens. LOL. I’ll send you pics of your babies for sure ;-).

Sunny - Cool! :-) Would love to see what the seeds I send you produce as far as blooms! :-)

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Vicky, yes, your seeds arrived and I have them logged in. Theresa

Theresa,
I don't know if its my computer or where the seeds are logged in, but I am not seeing any new seeds, only up to person # 10 on page 3.

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

ATTN everyone! Apparently I had too many pages and the website wouldnt show the rest of the entries I have recently made. I have corrected that problem and everything should be fine now. Enjoy

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Okay - I am sending a bunch of seeds to be shared amongst you - too many to mention. These are seeds that others have sent to me, but I have not had time to start, nor place to put the plants even if I did start them.

The folks that shared these seeds did so in good faith that the seeds would be used. In some cases, the seeds were just sent by very generous DG members with no expectation of anything in return.

I am passing on the favour. I will send these in - but I am not including stamps nor a return address label because I do not expect (nor want) any seeds (well, I do want seeds, but the reality is - there is no place to put the plants!)

So - think of these seeds as a "surprise" most of them were gathered in 2007 and have been stored in a fridge so seed germination should still be quite good. I am sending them in their original packages. Some are commerical seeds and some have come from peoples' gardens.

Enjoy!

beckygardner,

Not only a lurker on the MG Forum...I'd be lurking outside your garden gate, those flowers are so pretty. LOL

Thanks again for sharing. Your pictures made me want to grow MGs again. They are just totally lovely.

April

Glad it was the web-site and not my computer, I just bought a new tower about a month ago and was afraid it was causing a problem already.

Greenbush, MI(Zone 4b)

Seander,

Thanks for your very generous donation to the seed swap! I'm sure we'll all enjoy them.

Carol (macsie)

Greenbush, MI(Zone 4b)

Did anyone send in Purple Bell vine or Cobaea? I just saw it and would like to give it a try in the summer.

Carol

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

thanks Seander for donating to this swap, its much appreciated!
Theresa

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

I would love a couple of Becky's special MG seeds. I love Ipomoea (?spelling?), but have only known the "weedy " invasive ones (beautiful though they are !!). Those are sooo gorgeous, Becky. You did good! I would showcase plant it and baby it, for sure.
Whatever I do get in my pack will be a blessing , and I am sooo looking forward to opening my surprise package!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

There is some Cobaea coming in my pack ^_^

Seeds are now in the mail - enjoy ^_^

This message was edited Sep 10, 2008 12:15 PM

Whitesboro, TX

Y'all will love beckygardener's seeds & packaging of the I.Nils. I was lucky enough to make a trade w/her & she sent the most beautiful seeds & well packaged.Thanks again,beckygardener & I'll send you pics of the babies when they are blooming (even put in special raised beds for them:) I can't wait to see what the LYKs (LadyYaguruma's Kaliedoscope)come up like! Y'all I'll have enough seeds(some real goodies besides becky's I nils which will be hand pollinated of course-LYKs are being greenhouse grown to ensure purity,corkscrew vines,about 6 different types of salvias from S America & some other oddities that I'll be collecting seeds off of) to join in next year but hope y'all have a blast w/this year's. Sounds like fun & can't wait to join in next year! Happy gardening y'all, Catssdawg2

Greenbush, MI(Zone 4b)

Seander,

Thanks for the notice of the Cobaea! This gets better all the time. Pretty soon I'll be out on the road waiting for the mailman! LOL

Carol

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hello, I know it's getting late, but I was worried to commit before until I had seeds that were ready in time. If I can send them to you by tomarrow or the latest thursday, May I join? Thanks for your consideration :-) Andrea

Morgantown, WV(Zone 6a)

Last date to mail is Sept 15. Right??? I sure hope so, because I'll be running close to the wire to get mine mailed.

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

im flexible on the date everyone, so as long as I know they are on the way, no problem.

Thumbnail by Theresa

Theresa,

Unfortunatley my envelope I sent to you was returned for insufficient postage. I will be remailing it later this Saturday morning asap. Sorry about that. Just letting you know in case you were wondering.

rebecca30

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

Theresa,
Well, between my 19 month trying to catapult my seeds off the table and my teenager or DH robbing my purse of all my cash, I did manage to send out the package of seeds and then send you a paypal for the postage :-). Just wanted to let you know it was coming. Thanks for all your hard work! Andrea

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Did my check arrive?? I am excited about seeds and bulbs...

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Ive received alot of envelopes this weekend. I hope to log them in tomorrow afternoon. Watching the grandkids tonight, and its raining raining raining.
Have a great night!
Theresa

I just realized today that I forgot to include the ‘Bonfire’ Begonia seeds in my package….whoops! I sent them out today along with a few other things, in the hopes that they will arrive in time. I’m so sorry about that, it was just one of those weeks :-(

Potagere and Macsie, I will continue to collect seed from the begonia, so I’ll get you both some seed one way or another ;-). In addition to the begonia seeds, in this package I also sent one packet each of:

Eccremocarpus scaber 'Tresco Crimson'
Cymbopogon citratus Lemon Grass

Sorry again

That's great sunnyg. I want that lemon grass, too!

Greenbush, MI(Zone 4b)

Thanks Sunnyg!

Carol

OK, all, I'm off in the morning to the US of A: Washington State (Spokane) and Texas (Houston). May or may not have any computer access, so stay well and get those seeds coming!
Talk to you again in October!
Potagere/Jim

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Can I still join in if I can get my seeds mailed out tomorrow?

Thanks,
Danita

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

yes, you sure can Danita! I'll be watching for them.

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks! :)
I'll start packing!

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

I mailed them off today and also Dmailed you.
Thanks,
Danita

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

HI Theresa,

I was planning on getting my seeds together over the weekend, so I could get them mailed today. With the flooding we had here, I have to still finish packing up my seeds. My entire yard is still under water, though the standing water I had in the garage has gone down. The basement is still very wet, and I have a lot of boxes that got soaked, so I don't know what all I've lost from the water damage. I will try my best to get them packed up and to the post office after work today. If I can't get there in time, I will mail them tomorrow, if that's OK.

Let me know,
Deb

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

yes, that is fine Deb. So sorry to hear about your flooding.

{{{Deb}}} So sorry to hear about the water damage you had from all the storms!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.