central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Impatiens backed by rudbeckias

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

begonia

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

jen- very pretty
Have I told you about the new blooming caladiums?

Ha ha-- when I planted this pot, I put a few of Gita's naked ladies bulbs in there! I had forgotten all about them

This message was edited Aug 1, 2008 11:24 PM

Thumbnail by sallyg
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

What a nice surprise and they match!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ugh, looking back at my impatiens pic I noticed hubby has some serious weed whacking to do!

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

I like the orange foliage on the vinca too, very nice. Here's a fasciated Celosia bloom:

Thumbnail by claypa

Critterologist's agastache always has bees on it.

Thumbnail by claypa

First blooms on the winter sowed Lobelia (started a year and a half ago)

Thumbnail by claypa

Japanese anemones ready to bloom

Thumbnail by claypa

There are still some daylilies around, this one's 'Sombrero Way'

Thumbnail by claypa

noids / no ID

Thumbnail by claypa

This was last week, 'Lullabye Baby'

Thumbnail by claypa
Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

gita- I never though about "how" to bring my Dragon Wing in for the winter. I'm always so sad when he freezes. I think I will try it both ways this year - dig him up and also take some cuttings. I think I'm going to be forced to get some sort of grow light for my basement. I only have 1 small window that allows for afternoon sun. That is where I always put my ivy (at least 20 years old).

I met some of the DG gardeners when I was in FL last month. They make bubblers from the plastic underbed storage boxes. I had never heard of the bubbler method till then. The one used it for rose propogation and she had a lot of rose bushes.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Quiter,

These Begonias have very minimal root systems, so they are easy to dig up. They almost pull up....
For light, you might think about hanging a 4' shop light from somewhere. Use the "cool white" bulbs. That is what most people use for their seed-growing set-ups. It provides nice light.

claypa--
I have never seen a Lobelia like your red one! I always just think of the blue, trailing ones....
It is VERY pretty! Perennial to boot!

Gita

Lobelia cardinalis is a native, too. They grow in and near swamps and will grow in shade. The white flower is Cicuta maculata (deadly poison), the pink is swamp milkweed

Thumbnail by claypa
Crozet, VA

I will be in trouble if I continue looking at all the lovelies that everyone is sharing. I keep seeing things that I would love, love, love to have. Everything looks good folks. Thanks for sharing.

Ruby

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Hey guy's it's August and this threads getting a little long.
I started out a new thread come on over.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/885266/

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I'll go there next, but
'jen- yes, it was a great and funny coincdence that I matched the Lycoris with the Caladiums
claypa- lol, My personal cultivar, Vinca orangiifolia, var. "Miss Utility" It really brightens up the dark shade

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.