SOLVED: Attn all ID forum participants: can we better our odds?

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Looking at the list of threads you've started the only one I saw was in the Beginner Gardening forum and that forum doesn't have the "solved" option, you can only do that in a few forums like this one.

Milton, FL(Zone 8b)

Can anyone id this plant? I thought possibly in the Begonia family but just not sure where to start.

Thumbnail by Lovemygarden13
Milton, FL(Zone 8b)

Sorry, guess I put this in the wrong place.

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

It is a Clerodendron...Glory Bower

Bergen County, NJ(Zone 7a)

I'm brand new but I get the message! Thanks!

Waihi, New Zealand(Zone 1)

Perhaps we can have a fresh link on this thread -
asking people to "Solve" when they have had a correct ID in the forum.

Cheers,
RosinaBloom

Leander, TX(Zone 8a)

Call me blind but when I go to check my out to make them closed there is no "closed" am I just not following directions. I would really like to clean up my mess. I am almost sure all mine have been answered and want to do right. Please help

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Kountrykitten,

Look at your original post and you will see at both the top and bottom, a question. Is this thread solved? When you have your answer, you merely click on that question and it will mark the thread as SOLVED

Chappaqua, NY

I wonder if this is a flower about to bloom, or maybe a plant blossom? It is a volunteer in a friend's garden. All ideas welcome and thanks! From Mary, a new member
Sorry, I meant to put this in the Plant ID Forum!

This message was edited May 16, 2013 6:35 PM

Thumbnail by susmd
Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Are we limited to only posts a day? I tried to do more but they wont post.

Monterey, IN(Zone 5b)

I asked an ID question in the wrong place the other day. My plant was ID'd. Is there anyway to move it here and close it so that others with the same plant can see what it is??

Fall River, MA

hi i just received a 2 year old Rhapidophyllum hystrix
I know its the most cold tolerant palm there is I planted it in a pot so i can bring it in when temperatures drop to near 40 degrees. I was wondering how cold tolerant a 2 year old plant is and when can i leave it outdoors for good

thanks

Summerfield, FL

went and marked "solved" on one, and then redid one. The one I marked solved, showed closed, as did others of mine as well.
Is that all we have to do lighten the load, or is there more to get them out of there as well

Thanks
Tom Jones

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the reminder. I just marked a thread from last week solved.

Tauranga, New Zealand

How do I mark a thread as closed/solved? Just had a fruit tree identified and would like to do my forum duty by closing it but see no such button/check box or whatever to do so.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

I think it's BRILLIANT of you to create this and show us how we can check our status on this so quickly.

I am also happy to say that all of mine are closed.

Donna

Singapore, Singapore

How I can't see the close button today?

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Quote from pingapple :
How I can't see the close button today?

Bump due to time stamp issue

Waihi, New Zealand(Zone 1)

Quote from ViburnumValley :
OK, maybe I lied or my eyes crossed - don't see the SOLVED when I open under open/unsolved now.

I have the same problem also - I am unable to CLOSE/SOLVE threads since the new DG format because there is no SOLVED button.

Help! Help!

Kennesaw, GA(Zone 7b)

Quote from RosinaBloom :
Quote from ViburnumValley :
OK, maybe I lied or my eyes crossed - don't see the SOLVED when I open under open/unsolved now.

I have the same problem also - I am unable to CLOSE/SOLVE threads since the new DG format because there is no SOLVED button.

Help! Help!

Same for me - I see no way to mark a thread closed or solved. The only options I see are:
- Unwatch
- Mark unread
- Print
- Skip to new

Russell, ON(Zone 5a)

Sorry I don't want to needlessly add to this thread but I am having problems filtering the threads to Plant ID (it keeps going back to "all forums") and I am not seeing anywhere on the screen to "mark as closed". Am I missing something obvious?

thanks

Bacliff, TX

I'm feeling pretty dumb but I can't for the life of me see where to mark my thread CLOSED or SOLVED. Help?

Mugla, Turkey(Zone 9b)

May I suggest to use the google search by image first, prior to posting here. That is what I usually do and I found many answers that way. For the ones I don't know the answer, photos go on the forum.

Easy just drop the image where the text would go and compare if anything looks similar:
https://images.google.com/

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Since about Dec 2015 the closed thread has been discontinued. We arent sure if Internet Brands / Daves Garden is going to return the function when they are thru with the upgrading problems or not. Not to worry!

Havre De Grace, MD

I cannot figure out how to mark my old threads as solved. I have found them by going to my info, but when I open them there is no option to mark as solved or closed... help.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

See post above yours.

Bacliff, TX

Thank you Kittriana! :)

Burnsville, NC(Zone 6b)

I can't find the button at the top of the screen to mark my post as "solved". I'm an old member, but I've been away for awhile. Is it in a different location? Thanks!

Burnsville, NC(Zone 6b)

Oops...sorry - I just read a post above mine that stated we no longer are doing that. Thanks!

Yuma, AZ(Zone 10a)

ok either im blind or my computer doesnt show any option for closing the thread

nevermind......lol

This message was edited May 2, 2016 8:02 PM

84, Vietnam

Great. Thank you for your sharing. This topic is very useful
My site http://www.head-soccer.com http://www.head-soccer2.com

This message was edited Jul 21, 2016 8:56 PM

New York, United States

. I would really like to clean up my mess. I am almost sure all mine have been answered and want to do right. Please help
Learn more at:http://www.donkeykongunblocked.com
http://www.supermariopc.com
http://www.run-3unblocked.com
http://www.run4unblocked.com

This message was edited Jul 21, 2016 11:19 PM

Brisbane, Australia

Can someone please help identify this bush. It is growing in my garden in Queensland, Australia and is flowering at the moment. Many thanks.

Thumbnail by ozfraserc Thumbnail by ozfraserc Thumbnail by ozfraserc
Yuma, AZ(Zone 10a)

Help id please. Saw these whole driving absolutely loved them had to stop take a pic. Homeowner wasn't home couldnt ask. Anyone know?

Thumbnail by NikkieMa1 Thumbnail by NikkieMa1
Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

It is in the malva family. I'm sure it's what is known as a mountain hollyhock, but a very double and cultivated one. That family includes standard hollyhocks, malvas, and mallows. You wouldn't, I think, find that beauty in nature, but someone did a gorgeous job of hybridizing it.

Saint Petersburg, FL

What I want to know is, where is the new posting that I sent in yesterday? I had already had one reply asking for photos because mine didn't download with the first message, so I sent the photo again, and it all showed up yesterday, but now it's ALL GONE. What happened?

Lafayette, LA(Zone 9b)

Thanks for the information! I have tried to mark my thread closed and having a time. I am missing a step in there somewhere. It's definitely user error!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.