Summer Lilies

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Diann, it was worth the wait! You've got some special ones there! Shimmer, Sidney, and Beaudacious are all wonderful!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

LOL with you Steve, A.R. is sunburnt, but isn't dead! LOL, it looks fine this morning if I just backup and stop zooming in on the gorgeous blossoms. lol.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Yeah I agree Kim LOL from a distance heheh - my Orientals always look kinda rough this time of year too - "rode hard and putaway wet" as the saying goes - which is why I avoid planting many of them. I usually buy some mixes but don't bother with the expensive individual bulbs, normally. Some handle the heat better than others. I have switched mostly to OT's since they are much, much stronger in the heat and sun. Some of them, like Gambetta, have a really "Oriental" look which I like with the flatter face and recurved petals. Others, like Silk Road, are also beautiful but are much more trumpety.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Ticker,
'Long time coming' - a song... finally, into the mix. Magnolia should follow suit ere long.
J

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Wow, I like Beaudatious! I think this is Cote d' Azur.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I like it in front of the purple clematis.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Lollipop looks like it will need divided again this fall.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

You know...one of you lily monsters should start a new thread with one of your beauties. I can't...don't have anything to show and it would make for a boring cover page ^_^
(hint, hint, hint....)

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Asiatic, "Cappachino Tango"

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Ooooh, very very pretty!! I noticed when I drove up the drive today that my Lollypop's had popped!! And you are right, that Cote d' Azur does look good infront of the Clematis! :)

I really do like that Tango, Shirley. :) I think I have that one somewhere, I can't wait till it pops too! :)

Diann

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

All beautiful; keep those pics coming!

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Susan, your Lollipop group is stunning! And Shirley, I love the Tango too - and I am not a big fan of Tango lilies in general!

One more yellow - Conca d'Or. Actually I have Roccoco also but haven't seen it bloom yet :-(

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Oh and this little yellow Asiatic...

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

I finally have something to show! My lilies are all in large pots on my 6th floor balcony. These are supposed to be Monte Negro, first time I've planted them. But I didn't think they would be red-orange. I expected red-blue.

Thumbnail by revclaus
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

revclaus, nice job for a balcony garden.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks everyone. Here's another one Asiatic, "Lily Stones".

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Wow, everybody, super nice looking lilies!! :) Keep the pictures coming. :)

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Multiple lily vista.

Thumbnail by jmorth
North Pole, AK(Zone 1)

jmorth...What's the orange and purple one?

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

!st pic was a view of the north border from the southwest; this view is looking west from the east.

This message was edited Jun 21, 2008 11:37 PM

This message was edited Jun 21, 2008 11:48 PM

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Choc o moose,
That would be Tango Orange.
J

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

several days ago, from south looking north, northwest.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

also from a few days past...

Thumbnail by jmorth
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I love Stargazer lilies, but would like some that are similar but short enough for a mixed container. Any suggestions for small lilies?
Teresa

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Beautiful landscape shots jmorth. "Cappachino Tango" looks like a really nice Tango. I am starting to like them more and more as I see more photos.

susan

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Started a new thread here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/866805/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.