Summer Lilies

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

The show is just getting started here in the heartland.

Nove Cento

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

A red NOID that came with the house

Thumbnail by Moby
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Ooooh, Pretty. :)

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Love your Nove Centro, Moby - I love yellow lilies!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The tiger lilies show that bright golden color too. These blooms are long lasting.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Magnolia, see your "Eurydice" you gave me to the left side of the screen. I didn't even see it until I was looking at pictures and it is too dark to take a closeup so I'll do that tomorrow. Just to the left of the phlox...

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Those are very pretty, Kim.

^_^

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks Steve, I love those pink lilies!

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Some other phlox opening and a Stargazer. I have never grown phlox before and ordered a bunch from Klehm this spring plus got some at the IA roundup.

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Asiatic "Gironde"

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The plox are lovely next to S.G. I moved my lilies to a new bed last fall. They are bit late in blooming this season. I hope my S.G. won't skip the season.
Anyone can I.D. this one for me? I'm dying to know. Thanks.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Thanks Kim - my Silk Roads are blooming but not as tall as last year - I think the bulbs are dividing - I hope.

I wonder what these will turn out to be! Some Orienpet I am sure....

We have had 29 days straight with temps in the 90's and it hit 100 today and yesterday. I hope the rest of my lilies weather this heat OK - we've been about 10 degrees above normal for a month.

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

That is a beautiful color, Kim...not sure what variety....

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks Steve, maybe Moby or Mag. comes along and recognize the beauty. At the mean time I've this crinum, a cousin of the liliums' family. Look. This is 'Milk and Wine'. An old time fav. bulb.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the planting advice.I cut one of my Asiatics and bought in. I still can't believe this grows here.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Kim, do you think you could take another pic with softer lighting? Maybe early morning or evening when the sun isn't quite so intense.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Treffler - quite large, quite orange

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Plum Peach - from Buggy Crazy - grown in a pot. This one is a real beauty.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Plum Peach - night shot

Thumbnail by jmorth
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Oooh Oooh Oooh!! I think I got Plum Peach from Buggy too!! :) Wonderful pictures everyone, please keep them coming!!

Diann

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Moby, the morning sun already interferes with my photography this AM. Will try again later.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The tiger lily this morning.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Lily, could it be Menorca?? http://www.lilynook.mb.ca/images/LAHybrids/Menorca.jpg

Moby what do you think?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Lily, my first thought for the NOID was Desert song. It can vary a lot in color.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/154676/

Ceres is blooming well this year. It is not at all the color that the lily catalog show it, but still nice.
http://www.kvbwholesale.com/store/lilies/doublelilies/60758

susan

This message was edited Jun 17, 2008 9:41 AM

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

My first thought was Desert Song also, but I think the coloring is a little too soft for it. lilylove ~ maybe later in the day you could block the sun with your body and take a really up-close pic.

j ~ I really like your Plum peach. BC's names are kinda funny and self explanatory. :)

This is Rosy Cheeks

Thumbnail by Moby
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Lily Love, 'Menorca' is somewhere between a cantaloupe color and an orange sherbet, only slightly paler and definitely one of those colors that I have found hard to capture by camera. I wish I had a good answer for you. Sometimes I get lucky that way, but most of the time I see the beauty, but not the name.

Great that 'Eurydice' opened up for you this year, Steve. Do you like it? I really like those recurved flowers and the longer I go on loving lilies, the more I seem drawn to those types.

Moby: You have a darling in' Rosy Cheeks'. Yours should be the one in the catalog lists. The photos I saw didn't look nearly as nice as what you have there.

My favorite lily name of Lisa's is 'Dryrot' and of course, you might know, there's always a good story in her names. Some of the best lilies around.

jmorth, continue to enjoy your show.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Wow Susan - I have never grown the doubles but your "Ceres" en masse is really prolific.

Liliylove, I love your tiger. And dmorth, the orange "Treffler" and your "Plum Peach" are really beautiful. I like orange lilies and that Treffler is a showpiece.

Hi Tracey - yes it is really growing on me too! I have never really thought much about the pendant or recurved lilies but it is really attractive. Here is a better shot of it:

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Here are some Silk Roads - they're only about 5 ft or so tall this year - last year's were taller but there are more stems this year.

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

A new yellow OT blooming today....

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

And another...I planted Gambetta and Conca d'Or in these beds and these two don't really look like either. I have grown Conca d'Or before and Gambetta's photo on the B&D site looks different.

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Here are the Silk Roads right side up

^_^

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Lovely, just lovely!! Keep the pictures coming!!

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

Recently I saw a lily grouping in somebody's yard consisting of pale yellow, bright yellow, and a white trumpet with a yellowish center planted together and it was soooo beautiful. I am definitely copying that next year.

wouldn't it be great do do a bright orange lily with a pastel orange together? or 3 different shades of pink?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Menorca it's then, Mag. I think you just described the precise coloring of my lily. Steve, oh wow! Silk Road are so beautiful! The pendant lilies too. My Star Gazer hasn't bloomed this season. I'm getting a little sad here.
Kim

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

It's really difficult to get a decent photograph of Eurydice.

Thumbnail by Moby
Tomah, WI

Ceres, Silk Road, Rosy Cheeks, Plum Peach, and Eurydice are beauties. Oh heck, I love them all! I never saw a lily I didn't like.

Steve, love that yellow oriental.

Keep the pix coming, not much happening here in the way of lilies yet! Upper 30's for a low Monday nite! It is the middle of June for crying out loud!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

What a glorious time of year! Loving everyone's lily display, and every morning is a joy in the garden to see what new ones have opened. Finally got some pics to show off :)

Loreto:

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Brunello, from the co op with eflowergarden this spring:

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Orange Art:

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

All so beautiful:-) I love that pink tiger lily, Kim...What is it and where can I get one,lol! Got a lot of lilies that would look fabulous paired with that one. I'm a fool for the speckled ones:-)
Steve, do the Silk Roads smell nice? I have one big one opened that is making the whole front yard smell yummy, but bought it a while ago..Now having a major bout of CRS!
Bev

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.