Tropical garden #11

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Pretty pictures & flowers!!! I am not sure what these flowers are, I got them in a swap last year.

Thumbnail by Sunshinesw
Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

H pubicalyx "Red Button"

Thumbnail by Sunshinesw
San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

I am thrilled with the hanging bromeliads! That's next on my to do list!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I can't find the file of pictures where there were many photos taken. When I do find them one of these days (I took them last October) I will find you and show you all the different plants she mixed with the bromeliads in a basket.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Ah....rain! at last...lovely rain.

I'm not sure why some of the night jasmine bloom like that, and others bloom a little bit...unless.....it was because I really chopped that one last year..hmmm. Yes the fragrance is overwhelming if you have a lot of night jasmine. This week, or around the summer solstice is when the night jasmine is most noticeable in my neighborhood. A nice walk through the neighborhood in the evening wafts of continuous night jasmine.

LOL..those crotons..I know what ya mean!! I spent some time fiddling around trying to get the best effect from them. I'm really liking the crotons this year.

Oh Rita..pulease...these borneo giants are midgets compared to your guys "big leaves"
I've never seen seeds before..this is the first for me...do they grow?

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

You know what fragrance I love - tea olive trees. They smell like peaches. I grew up in Charleston, SC and my father's company always had a big company picnic at one of the old plantation. On one of the trail we walk on, it always smells like peaches and that's what the olive trees reminds me of.

The other smells I love are the flowers from a lime tree. However, my mother has a champak and it's been flowering every night and the fragrance is incredible. I read that they make "Joy" perfume from this plant.

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Placenciarita - I almost bought the same plant you have with the purple blooms, but I can't remember what it's called? Do you like it and do you have it planted in sun or shade?

I had to trim my night blooming jasmine tonight - they were monsters!

I haven't really ventured into broms yet - those baskets are awesome. I will have to look for some of those here.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

If Houston got rain today, I am not speaking to you RJ.........it has been over 2 months since we had a drop of rain.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Sunshinesw, they are Rain Lillies. My Mom gave me several bulbs. I have them in pots until I decide where to put them!

Here's a few of mine:

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

Send some of that rain our way RJ or quit rubbing it in!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Patty

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks Texasgirl.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Oh yeah! Me too, I just looove the smell of lime tree blooms! Reminds me of my childhood.

Hey guys. I have super fast connection but our thread is getting way too long and taking longer and longer to load! Shall we start the next one?

Red Oak, TX

robcorreia, I started a new one this morning.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Perfect, see you there! ; )

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It's been about that long here for rain too...we were all plasted up against the windows at the office watching it like some sort of eclipse we'd never seen...I hope the rainy season is starting!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.