What have you bought so far ?? Part 6

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

A small leafed Rhododendron Olga Mezitt must be added to my list!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Also got a Patio Peach Tree it only grows 4' high and has incredible blooms!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Here's the tag.....

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I finally got a J.M.....my first!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

This is a new perenial for me...it's a ground cover that will creep and it's blue!!

This message was edited May 9, 2008 7:02 AM

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

The tag....

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

And I picked up a few new annuals...

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

There's no stopping you, Celeste!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

looks like some great picks..... i am jealous over the peach tree.. let me know how it goes

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

What a beautiful assortment of new 'stuff', Celeste! Good luck with it all.

Kershaw, SC(Zone 8b)

LOL...I just got 3 shipments today, was not expecting them. I'm waiting on Jim's Hostas order...should have been here! All 3 orders were from the lilyauction. Will post pics later on. One order didn't send a "gift" DL, BUT...huge BUT, it was supposed to be a 2 fan clump, I received 4 fans...lol. I'm officially running out of room!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

hate it when that happens...... time to loose some grass

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Thom - that's when gardening gets so interesting, when we run out of room. It's been happening here for years now.

I wish it would happen.

Sounds great, Thom. You will keep finding room. Stuff happens. A tree gets removed. Stuff dies. Whatever. I declared my garden 'done' a number of times already!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Running out of room forces you to only have plants that can fend for themselves, look good all season and basically put a big fat smile on your face. I am officially making room. The yucky looking roses are going. I ordered two Sweet Autumn clems to grow on umbrella trellis and one more clem 'Avante Garde' to put across from the one that is there now. I think this bed will become a perennial bed with mostly coneflowers and maybe a few delphs. There is already lavender and a couple other things around the perimeter.

When I feel I've run out of room I try to look at the garden and see what doesn't please me and then I attack that area and delete as needed. It works every time.

I agree with both of you. Limited space means I expect a lot from the plants. That's why I insist on multi-season interest for all trees and shrubs.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I agree with all of you. Somehow, we all manage to make room.

Thomaston, CT

Great stuff, Pix--where did the groundcover come from? I would love to try some in the shade garden. The patio peach also sounds interesting. Went into WalMart's today--came out with some liquid fert., but not 1 plant--nothing was interesting or in very good shape. We have no Lowes in the area yet, but one is in the works. I will hit another local nursery tomorrow looking for red, yellow, & orange cosmos.

(Zone 4a)

Ohhhh I am getting so excited! Everything is coming up now....my tulips and daffs are finally in bloom!!!

Yesterday I bought Geranium "Brookside" - it is suppose to be an impoved version of Johson's Blue. I also bought a varigated dwarf jacob's ladder!!!

Not to mention that I have already purchased and planted 2 more clematises...Scartho Gem and Comtess de Bouchard.

Once my pergola goes up (hoping today) I will need to buy 2 more clematis -- I am hoping for Polish Spirit for sure and I am still undecided on the 2nd one. I would love Huldine but I haven't seen her around here.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Not about Clematic( wish I had a place for a climber)
Need for Vibernum Xprt
Sorry it's cloudy so Ihad to vamp it in PhotoS

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

vibernum2

Thumbnail by ge1836
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Well, I've just emailed Sooner Plant Farm. The Corydalis and Dicentra have bit the big one. I hope they will do something.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Very exciting, Pixie! And everyone! I need more dirt/ soil/ mix, because I have empty containers and I have 20,000 seedlings and even fertilizer, I just need the stuff that goes in the container to plant the seedlings into.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

finding new plants everyday.
This is blooming in the front garden.
It's short and the buds are redishbrown.
Off to plantfiles.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

I had ordered a Sambuca and three Kniphofia from the Bluestone sale online. They arrived very healthy and good-sized. In fact, everything I've received through the mail from various places this year have all been quality plants.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

No luck in plantfiles when you don't know what the plant is.
This plant is on another thread but anyone can wade in with a guess.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I planted kniphofia i grew from seed two years in a row... nothing yet... hopefully this year

ge - daylily.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks pirl.
I'm in trouble now.
Sarah has just said"you plant waht you want in the shade garden mom"
Think I'll start my 2009 wishlist now.
I'm nuts for foam flower and painted ferns, an azalia or two, not the compact type though I had an Exbury at the old house, see if I can come close with something from Oriental Garden Supply.
Carol her sister brought me a sweet dahlia for Momsday. She also came with divisions from her garden.
Fall Anemone and the Hosta with white fragrant flowers like the one you sent pirl, they make a happy group.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I would like to share this email with everyone. I've updated the Watchdog too. I am so impressed with this company!!

Hello Anita,

We do guarantee the plants will be nice and healthy when they arrive, we do not offer a long term guarantee do to all the circumstances that could affect the survival of a plant.
Our written guarantee states once plants are received and no reports have been noted to us within 48 hours of receiving them, we acknowledge the plants as accepted.
However, I value our customers and you have been a very good customer to us.

I 'm planning to reship replacements to you this Monday.
An alternative is, if you plan to order any other plants as I can slip the replacement plant(s) in the box and it is a win win for both of us.

I appreciate the opportunity to serve you, and I hope this helps. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank You & Good Growing
Brian Chojnacki

The value of good customer service cannot be underestimated.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

agreed.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes, now you're theirs for life, and visa versa!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

good for you... always good to hear someone makes good on a shipment gone wrong

Yesterday got a yard and a half of red bark. 45.00 a yard! Got some 4 years ago and it is still red. DH - won't buy any other bark then this type. 45 bucks ouch.......

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Two new dayliles....'Bob's Baby" you can see here:
http://www.northcountrydaylilies.com/bobsbaby.html

and 'Ann Thomas' http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/71301
and this beautiful Azalea that had no tag so I have no idea what the name is!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

OMG! Celeste. That is breathtaking!!!

Gorgeous!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.