What have you bought so far ?? Part 6

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Beautiful!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I might need that

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks....I guess im not alone in thinking it was one of the most exquisite Azalea I have ever seen. Got it at Lowes...I paid $7.99 and it's in a 6" pot.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Guess I'm going to Lowes.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Very nice Celeste! I might have to look at Lowe's too. I've been there 3 or 4 times lately, but didn't see anything like that. Of course I wasn't looking.
I did pick up a clematis impulsively though, the picture was red with white edges, should have waited to see the bloom, it's more pink than red with light pink edges.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I found that with Roseydawn coleus.
Big Red is really dark maroon.
doesn't matter it looks good with companions,Red lily, Wishbone plant and dwarf baloon flower.

I bought a six pack and it had no tag. They are red and green and pink floresant (sp) Put them in bigger pots as it will be a month before they go in. I will have to take a pic. hopefully someday.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I love Rosydawn. Their plants are the size of 4" potted ones at the nursery. They all cost $4.75 and come shipped beautifully. They even send freebies based on the size of the order.
This is the tub I talked about, Lilies are just emerging, so they get dusted tomorrow and the Balloon flower is barely up but Neuguini Impatiens and coleus are there and miniature licorice plant..

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

all that for the wrong coleus.This is Big Red. Not the fire red but pretty anhhow
white impatiens,salmon Flying colors, lobelia.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

both are very nice GE

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Both are very nice Jo Ann!

I have 3 new perennials and a few new annuals too.
Columbine (P), Geum 'Cooky'(P), Calibrachoa, Million Bells 'Scarlet Red' & 'Crackling Fire'(A), and Lithodora 'Grace Ward' (P),

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Thomaston, CT

Nice plants---I am drooling over that azalea, Pix. Nice planters, JoAnn. Today I planted my Mom's Day gifts---Ivory Coast Hosta--although the margins are bright yellow, looks more like Gold Coast, & lamium Purple Dragon. Plus a huge fuchsia which I hung on the front porch to attract all those hummers!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Very nice Jo Ann and Celeste. I hope to plant my annuals in the next couple of days.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

love em all Pixie... geum is the orange one?

I really like calibrachoa. Takes the heat and keeps blooming all season long.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Allison, yes the orange one is the Geum. I have a red Geum to.. 'Mrs Bradshaw' I believe is the name.

Victor, haven't planted my annuals yet! Not until at least the 25th and that could still be iffy. I did plant a few perennials, all my tree's but one and I still have a few shurbs to put in.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I grew these from seed.... wonderful flowers the first year.... and then did not return... still not sure why

http://www.tmseeds.com/product/2403.html

Yes, I imagine it's still pretty early for you, Celeste. Thought I would start today but it's a nasty, raw day here. I'm starting to see more variety offered on the marketplace, including DL's. I've bought a few things so far. Seeds - Picotee MG and castor bean. An elephant ear and some fern.

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Just one elephant ear, Victor? Left or right?

It's the Van Gogh cultivar.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Victor, my haunting ground (Agway) always has big beautiful plants that are almost always Proven Winners. What I didn't realize was that 90% of their plants are from White Flower Farms. I just noticed the tags yeasterday!!!

That's surprising! Agway is certainly large enough to deal directly with PW.

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Celeste, your Agway is haunted?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Sue, yes by ME....faithfully.

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Pixie, that azalea is stunning!

Ahh crap I could be in big trouble. I found this auction. A lot of garden stuff.

http://www.bobarbuckleauctions.com/auction/053108/index2.shtml

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm in trouble myself - all my claims to fiscal self control and now there's a DG marketplace! Most of the sellers, I think, are from more southern zones than most of ours.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Pixie my honey is mad at you.... home depot had these... got 2 for $7.99 each

Thumbnail by onewish1
Thomaston, CT

Allison--I never find anything that good at our HD! I didn't plant anything today, but while checking my veg & flower bed, I found 3 dahlias are up---HOPE we don't go below 40 tonight!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Very pretty Allison...Those would look wounderful with the one I got.

I'm going to Lowe's tomorrow. It's kind of on the way home from work :~)

Even though it's ten miles out of your way?!

That's "kind of" on the way home, isn't it??

It's the gardener's way home.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I stopped in to some new places to review today. I picked up echinacea "Merlot", maybe a good replacement for After Midnight.

Usually, if there is to be an 'after midnight', the merlot comes first.

As long as it's not too much merlot which can ruin the "after midnight"

True.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

i got an irisine (yay) for $3 (double yay!). Also a "Sweet Caroline" sweet potato vine (which hopefully will last longer than " Ace of Spades") and a 6pack of "Sonata" cosmos, about the only kind i didn't buy seeds for. i wanted some coleus, but they were totally picked over and sad. i looked at Persian Shield for awhile, but then didn't get it.

O, and at Wal-Mart last night i bought 2 tine noid dianthus for $.25/each. Crazy. i didn't realize that when that Wal-Mart expanded they added a whole outdoor garden section. Gotta go back when there is more time. Boy, is stuff not marked specifically there though.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Pixie you made me laugh... when we came home i took the photo of mine and then looked at yours and said to my honey .. hey these would look great with hers

:)

I noticed more and more eco-pots at home depot this trip... they had a bunch of herbs in them

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.