What have you bought so far ?? Part 6

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Some of you might not know there's an entire forum for Heuchera:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/foamflowers/all/

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Seems that every plant will eventually get its own forum! I want one for poison ivy.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

The first time I saw PI was a couple days ago.

I just saw a clump of it before. I'll have to spray it.

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

One of the ACE Hardware Stores is across the street from my chiropractor, so after I was being adjusted this morning . . . this followed me home!
Torenia 'Yellow Moon'. Much prettier in person than in photos. (Sorry mine is fuzzy.)

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Isn't that also called "Wishbone plant"?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ge looks like some great buys ... I have some of that same coral bell.. they are one of the best i have

looking good Candyce!!!!... such the proud mama!

Miss these in the picture were grown from seed last year... yes they can get big... I just keep pinching them and they go nuts

Sue looks real nice ... love those colors..... and yes Ge also called wishbone

Thumbnail by onewish1
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Everyone's coleus look great - especially after my partial coleus tragedy. (If coleus disasters counts as tragedy.)

Thomaston, CT

JoAnn-my niece has taken me to Wayside's several times, & I've always found something to take home! Hope I can get there in Aug. I was notified my Bluestone order is on the way--can't even remember what I ordered--always nice to be surprised! amy, composting is tricky in an apt. house, but maybe you can hang the bag in the area behind the garden--wasn't there a patch of woods? The coral bells are favs of mine---have about 15 varieties!

Kershaw, SC(Zone 8b)

I got my Foxfire co-op order in yesterday! I only ordered 3 hostas. 'Foxfire Wham Bamm' 'Silver Threads and Golden Needles' and 'Pathfinder.' The first 2 are teeny tiny 1 eyed divisions, 'Pathfinder' is a really nice sized one, I think there are about 4 or so eyes on it...maybe 5!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Had a good time at Wayside Robindog. Planted everything yesterday in the cold.
Mail at 3:00oclock brought a box of lilies from B&d Lilies,replacements from October that I didn't think I was going to get.
Planted them this morning , and had to make a bed for the DL's I am wipped.
Chicago Firecracker

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

and three "Starling" supposed to be brown.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Thomaston, CT

Ooh--brown DL's--sound interesting! I should have daylilies from Olalie blooming this year---hope they're as nice as the photos. Hope to get some plants in this pm IF we don't get rain like we have every afternoon--getting mighty tired of rain & cold!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

These pics are from B&D LIilys catalogue
Starling

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Chicago Firecracker

Thumbnail by ge1836
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I hear you, ROBIN, I mean I read you. My fingers and toes are still cold.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

I went outside, as the thermometer says that it's 61 degrees out there. I managed to become the lunch entree for the no-see-ums again. Did as much weeding as I could stand, maybe about fifteen minutes' worth. Now, I'm indoors for my own lunch. I sure hope those bugs are satisfied!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

high country gardens order came today... not looking so hot... wonder if it was cold somewhere in transit

http://davesgarden.com/community/blogs/t/onewish1/9310/

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Cold snap or maybe just stressed. I had some daylilies come and the tops were yellow. Good thing they had nice big healthy roots or i'd be leaving some negative feedback!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yeah I wrote them just to let them know... hope they bounce back though.

here is my parks order that came today... one 6 pack was overturned in the box but still looks good

http://davesgarden.com/community/blogs/t/onewish1/8939/

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Those look great, very healthy!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I am actually surprised how good they look

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

ordered from Forestfarm Nursery
Buddliea weyeriana Honeycomb
cost as much to ship as the plant.
Just havn't seen anything like it here.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yeah they are expensive... my honeys mom has a yellow one...not sure which it doesn't do very well.... hope yours is better

http://davesgarden.com/products/ps/go/51666/

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh Oh hope I havn't made a big mistake.
I'll have to go post on my thread about mistakes and regrets in the garden.
They do love sun don't they?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes they love sun.... she has 3 planted in the same area.... the yellow just doesn't thrive and bloom like the other 2

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye on it and won't beat myself up if it was a culture mistake.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

she might just have a bum one.... might not be the same as that one either.... hope it's beautiful though

we all make mistakes.... that's how i learn most of the time

;)

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

That has been the most freeing concept I have learned here in DG
Been up since 5:00AM
Gunna crash soon

This message was edited May 22, 2008 7:41 PM

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I might have to put the monarda I planted last year in the regret forum.... that i grew from seed for honeys mom.... seems to be making me nervous how it multiplied already.... I think the humming bird mint that I grew from seed is also going to go in a container .... it smells so good... but if it spreads like mint.... oh boy

Monarda does spread fast, but I like it.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

is it easy to pull... if it gets out of hand?.... or is it a diggy removal?

I've had it 2-3 years and so far it's easy. I moved it last fall, and don't see any where it used to be.

I have Honeycomb buddleia. Not nearly as prolific as davidii, but still nice. I have lost some monarda over this winter. Probably too wet.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

ok that's good to know.... now i am not as worried

the whole problem started when I hardened off my seedlings and all the tags wore off... had no idea if it was monarda or the pink turtle head.... figured i had a 50/50 shot.... picked wrong i think... by the way it looks i think it's the monarda i planted in the ground.... oh well

here is the turtle head
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/56961/

Thomaston, CT

Alison---my order from High Country arrived 2 days ago, & it didn't look good, either--one salvia had a whole section dried up--everything else was puny! My order from Bluestone arrived the same day---beautiful plants----the salvia very lush. No comparison. However, I will plant everything, & we'll see what happens.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

this is the first time I am disappointed in them... I am actually shocked they were so tiny and beat up

Voorheesville, NY

I go to a very nice nursery called Helderledge close to my home. I'm lucky because it enables me to get rare and/or nice plants at the same cost of mail order (so I've found). The plants are also nice and large.

So far I purchased:

White Baneberry
Jack-In-The-Pulpit
Asian Twinleaf
Japanese Cimicifuga
Green Envy Coneflower

From Dutch Bulbs...

Cimicifuga Hillside Black Beauty - growing well from roots
White Feather Hosta - growing well from a few leaves and roots
Mouse Plant - not growing
Candle plants - not growing

I'm going shopping tomorrow for more! :-)

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

you just reminded me about the candle flowers I planted 3 years ago.... they only send up a leaf or two every year.. haven't seen a bloom yet... so much for invasive

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1759/

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

and jm omurayama

Thumbnail by wha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.