April Daily Weather III, Rebirth Begins, Even in the North

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

We are lucky to have these blissful days.
Here in Jax;
71.2 °F / 21 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 43%
Dew Point: 48 °F / 9 °C
Wind: 5.8 mph / 9 km/h from the East
Wind Gust: 8.1 mph / 13 km/h
Pressure: 29.80 in / 1009.0 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 77 °F / 25 °C
I'm adding new 'Bones' for my front planting. These are Sum and Substance Hostas
Please come by often with your weather and new pictures.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well all but the Windowbox shots are up.
I just got done editing and uploading.
141 shots....So Far! lol

http://flickr.com/photos/rnranimals/sets/72157604641460360/

Beautiful Tulip!
And I LOVE Pelicans.
I think that is now my Favorite Hellebore Flower.
I'm not big on the paler ones but that one..... Perfect!

The Fish bones are Raku Ceramic.
Look just like the real thing eh? lol!

63° Currently.... near 80 thru the week!
If we get a cold snap we are dead.......
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I love hostas, Sidney. too bad I don't have a place for them here. :o((
Ric: you coulda fooled me with those fish bones--LOL. Wow, those CFS pics are something else. I'll have to look closer at them tomorrow! Too much to take in all at one time.

Rainshowers forecast for tomorrow afternoon and maybe evening--40% chance--
:o(( We certainly don't need the rain right now.

(Zone 3b)

Clear. Lows in the mid 20s to lower 30s. Light winds.
Returned home to ice covered lakes, snow in the yard and it sure doesn't look spring yet.
Los Barriles, Mexico, was a wonderful place to have been for the past 2 weeks.
Glad to be home and back online~
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Yippeee! Jackie! Yer back! :D I can't wait to see more of those Mexico pics! :D Tell us all about it! (your trip)

Sidney! Love those Sum & Substance! I can't wait for mine (one) to come up! Shoot! I need to go see! It's down over the hill under my Sarvice tree....Na! I won't take a flashlight! I'll wait until tomorrow.

Ric, Love those fish bones! I would never have guessed them to be ceramic! I really thought that they were wood when I viewed the slide show. I need to check out your link above! :D

The weather???? Our high today was 59° w/ rain on & off. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same. At the moment it's 55°.

TF, Thanks for the words of encouragement....It's really getting tough to sit in this chair to do 3 on-line classes. I would much rather be outside! :D

Joey

(this is from last year, but they are all coming up!)

Thumbnail by music2keep
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kiska! What a great time you must've had. Can't wait to see more pics!
Sidney: I have Sum n Substance in my garden and love them. So nice and B-I-G.

Today was mostly sunny and a high of 76F. Low tonight will be 52F. Totally "normal", which is nice.

Bacopa, peeking out from under the astilbe.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Today was cool but humid. It was in the low 70s but there was a breeze that kept it cool. But at the same time humid cause we have storms happening or are gonna happen tonight.

Just finished hosting a RU this past weekend so am just getting caught up on here.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Welcome back Kiska! Returning to snow and frozen lakes after all that sun and sand has to be quite a shock !

Ric..........That's an impressive bunch of photos. Looks like you had a grand time.

Sidney..........Those look like some very healthy plants.

Another gorgeous day here and more of the same is on the way. It's about time to start mowing the grass. Since I got the chipper/shredder I have quite a compost making operation going on here and the grass clipping will not go to waste.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
(Zone 7a)

I've been experimenting with my camera.

67º tomorrow!

43°F
Feels like: 41°F

Barometer: 30 in ↓
Dewpoint: 14°
Humidity: 28%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 3 mph ESE
Sunrise: 6:38 AM
Sunset: 8:14 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the new thread, Sidney! Your pictures are great, as always!
Welcome back, Jackie, I can't wait to see Mexico !
The house has been painted and here it is!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Sidney – Pretty hostas! Love that front deck!
Ric – K=Looks like y’all had a great time at the CF show. Great pictures! I love pelicans too! LOL!
Marsue – send those rains down here!
Kiska- Welcome back! You were missed! Great resort, love that wrap-around porch. Must have been a bit of a shock to go back to snow and ice, but it’s always a great feeling to be home. Can’t wait to see more of your pictures.
Joey – You’re getting downright muggy there! LOL! Pretty bloom.
Deb – Another pretty bloom!
Pepper – You were warmer than Joey yesterday! How did your RU go?
E_B – You’ve got a lot of work to do! LOL! That’s a great start.
Adina – WOW! The house looks great!

55.6 °F / 13.1 °C
Clear
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 51 °F / 11 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 29.91 in / 1012.8 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 9.0 miles / 14.5 kilometers

Today
Sunny in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. High 76. North winds 10 to 15 mph. More blooms yesterday

Thumbnail by MySharona
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Today's temps gonna be about the same as yesterday. We had storms over night but they moved out a little while ago so it will be sunny today.

RU went great. We all sat by a bonfire and kept warm. :~)

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Mornin'! :D It's 54°, just 2° cooler than Sharon! And Sharon, it generally Is muggy here.
At Dublin...
Cloudy: 55°F
Feels like: 55°F
Barometer: 30.1 in
Dewpoint: 54°
Humidity: 94%
Wind: 7 mph NE
Sunrise: 6:38 AM
Sunset: 8:05 PM

Adina! Your house is really looking Great! How soon before you can move in? Do you have a date? :D
Thanks Sharon, Your Brug! is looking Marvelous! Dawlingk! ;)
Pepper, did you get some neat things at the RU? I feel sure you had fun! :D
KW, What is your "experiment" of? Pretty cool!
E_B, Looks like have a great start on your composting! :D I know that you are glad to have spring finally there! But I have been wondering about the bird you saved....have you returned him yet?
Deb, Love the Bacopa. It looks so 'dainty'! :D

The answer to the trivia is...D
The earth's atmosphere is estimated to weigh about 5 million billion tons. This weight exerts an average of about 14.7 pounds per square inch of pressure on the surface of our planet, which is equal to about 29.92 inches of mercury in a standard barometer.

Today's trivia is...
Q.How long does it take for light to reach earth from the sun?
a) 4 minutes
b) 8 minutes
c) 16 minutes
d) 32 minutes

Have a Great Day! Everybody!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 7a)

My answer is B...8 minutes.

My pic is my coffee and creamer.

46°F and up to 62º or 67º. They can't decide.
Feels like: 46°F

Barometer: 30 in ↑
Dewpoint: 23°
Humidity: 39%
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 6:37 AM
Sunset: 8:15 PM
UV Index: 1 Low

Lovely color, Adina. And Yea!!!

What's your plant, Joey. It looks like it's made of sugar.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Welcome back, Jackie!! Great place to vacation I would say--absolutely gorgeous! Waiting for more pics!
Adina: I love the color of your house! It reminds me of the different colors I saw on houses in Mexico--pink, purple, yellow--you name it! Americans are far too conservative when it comes to exterior colors on our houses.
Sharon: beautiful brugs! Sure wish I could send you some rain!
Pepper: I'm sure that bonfire felt great! Did you roast marshmallows?
LOL, Celia--I was going to ask if your pic was of a gazing ball!! Coffee and creamer--Ha!!
Joey: "B" on the trivia answer.

It's 81º here at the moment heading for a high of 85º--a little too warm for this time of year. We have a forecast of 60% chance of scattered strong thunderstorms.
:o(( Clouds are moving in but no rain so far. Hopefully the clouds will just move right on out without dropping any rain!! LOL

Here's a "bouquet" of pansies:

edited for spelling

This message was edited Apr 22, 2008 4:22 PM

Thumbnail by marsue

Jackie, welcome back.
Adina, I bet you are getting really excited now the final stucco is applied.
I love the terracotta. I'm sorta excited for you.
Marsue, that pansy is beautiful.
Sharon, do your Brugs smell great at sundown?
That picture was taken at the Nursery.
Out to play.
Sidney
ps Sharon and I have the same weather/

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

rats, i thought that cup o' java was FOR ME!

Adina, i ADORE every bit of your new home, you should be proud. Our concrete/stucco is way too brown, i like your color much better!

we are having decent enough weather that most of the chicks are in outside brooders now. so quite in here LOL. but more are due to hatch soon!

Here is a greeting from my newest friend, Freckle, a Black Jersey Giant chick...

tf

Thumbnail by TamaraFaye
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Adina, I also like the color of your house. You see that color around here once in a while, usually on newer houses. When we moved into this house, it was painted all white, even white shutters. The front of the house has some pinkish-red brick, so there is some limit to what colors you could use out front, but the back of the house was all white. We painted the porch posts and trim dark green but it still seemed to be lacking something. There was a built-in bench out back that we had painted orange and we had orange paint left over. I said to DH, "Let's paint some of the trim orange." He had this look on his face like I had said to tear down the house and start over. Then I said, "Frank Lloyd Wright liked orange," which he did, so then the orange was an o.k. idea, so we have orange and green trim on the back of the house. The house was originally painted light chocolate milk color with dark chocolate milk color trim. It seems like that would have been nasty with the pinkish-red brick.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 12:51 PM PDT on April 22, 2008
71 °F / 22 °C
Clear
Humidity: 34%
Dew Point: 41 °F / 5 °C
Wind: 8 mph / 13 km/h / 3.6 m/s from the South

(Zone 3b)

Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower to mid 50s. Variable winds 15 mph.
April 22, 2008 Rise: 6:10 AM AKDT Set: 9:41 PM AKDT
53°; very pleasant and warm. The yard/driveway all wet with melting, thawing soil and last of the snow.
Thanks for the welcome back~
Adina, your home is beautiful, it's been nice to see it from the beginning to now.
MySharona~it's always nice to be home, but sure love vacations, too. We rented a vacation home and it was huge, with two guest cottages, and the large veranda was our main hang-out. 10 of us, family and friends, went.
Not Mexico:
Frozen nearby lake this morning.
Jackie

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

Gsons playing on the beach; the Sea of Cortez.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

From the front entry.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

I discovered there are lizards that ran across the sand~cute little tracks but, sure made me scan the beach before going:)) Only saw two, and luckily, didn't see the eel that was near as my DH and I were in the water....

Thumbnail by kiska
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Quoting:
Then I said, "Frank Lloyd Wright liked orange," which he did, so then the orange was an o.k. idea

Thank you, Kelli, I now have one more justification for my favorite color!

Kiska, lovely contrast in the pics...

tf

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

64°(F) everything is blissfully damp.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Mostly cloudy day here today with a high in the low 70s. Just had a light sprinkling of rain.

Blue Angel Hostas are pretty big already.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

Wow Deb I'm impressed.
I do miss vigorous Hostas of NC.
;)

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

They came up very early this year. All the other hostas are still asleep.
Deb

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

EB: I meant to comment on your compost operation and the chipper/shredder. From the looks of things in that photo you are going to have fun making new flower beds and/or a veggie garden. That is quite a "treasure" you have there!
Cute chick, TF. Reminds me of a penguin.
Kiska: how nice that you and family and friends were able to share the vacation. We have been to Puerto Penasco several times. It is on the Sea of Cortez, too, just about an hour from the Mexico/U.S. border and 4 hours from Phoenix, AZ.
Kelli: orange and green trim! Hooray--someone with the courage to paint "out of the box"! LOL
Deb, what a pretty hosta. I had hostas at my previous home but they were variegated.

We did have a thunderstorm this afternoon but it wasn't all that bad and was soon out of here. The sun even came out afterward.
Currently 62º and Dyson dark.

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Joey – Going with B on the trivia. What is that plant? Looks like frosted hens and chicks!
Marsue - Pretty pansies!
Sidney – They smell like heaven at dawn and dusk!
TF – Freckle is too cute!
Kelli – I love your comment about Frank Lloyd Wright! That’s hysterical! LOL! I bet the back of the house looks great!
Adina – What a gorgeous view from the house! Looks like your GS’s had a great time!
I don’t think we have eels here. It’s not something I ever thought about. Interesting, but a little scary.
Dyson – Is it dark? So glad you got some rain!
Deb - Pretty hostas!

61.7 °F / 16 °C
Clear
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 58 °F / 14 °C
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1 km/hfrom the NW
Wind Gust: 4.0 mph / 6 km/h
Pressure: 29.97 in / 1014.8 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers

Today
Becoming partly cloudy and breezy with a 20% chance of showers. High 74. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 25 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Widely scattered intermittent light, 59°, overcast.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Sharon: Is that Lady Margaret? Hope some of our recent rain makes it down your way.
Dyson, your comments make me laugh!! LOL

Currently it is 62º heading for a high of 84º. Sunshine and partly cloudy (mostly not)
20% chance of rain. Sunrise this morning at 6:25 a.m. Sunset tonight at 7:48 p.m.
13 plus hours of daylight--WOOHOO!!

The goldfinches have returned to our area but they won't stay long--probably be here a couple of weeks then they'll head to points north.

Thumbnail by marsue

Oh Marsue we each hope that rain comes here too.
I love those little finches.
Sidney

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Mornin'! All! :D It's a nifty 57° w/ the sun shining! :D We may get some "intermittent" sprinkles today.
At Dublin...
Cloudy: 57°F (they must be in a fog! :D )
Feels like: 57°F
Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 54°
Humidity: 88%
Wind: 3 mph N
Sunrise: 6:36 AM
Sunset: 8:06 PM

Dyson, It sure is good to have you back! I hope that the sun is shining for you by now! :D
Sharon, Your Lady Margaret is really filling out & looking Great! DH bought me that little flower & a few more at Lowe's the other day. On the label it said "Cobweb", Sempervivum arachnoideum, cv. 'Cebenese'. I had a feeling that that little plant had gotten mislabelled. So, I went to get it ID'd & sure enough! it was. I now know that it's proper name is Monanthes brachycaulaon, it's in the Crassulaceae family. I can't wait to get it repotted! I have several more to repot, so I'm thinkin' it will be an all afternoon affair! :D
Deb, Your Hosta is looking Great! All but one of mine have started to come up & I suppose I need to go take some pics of them.
TF, That is a really cute 'chickie'! Do they get really large? And doesn't the larger ones have larger eggs? :D Love the Jombo size. :) They are better for baking! :D How are you feeling?
Kiska, Sorry to hear that you found some lizards down there, but I have a feeling that it didn't slow you down very much! :D And the eels! :-O 'Love the contrast in the pics, but my fave? -- I love them all! And the veranda! WOW!
Kelli, Garrett says that you 'Rock'! He loves orange & green! BTW! We have a very small, but growing fast - Wisteria! :D
Marsue! They are on their way to my house! :D

The answer to the trivia is...B
Light from the sun takes about 8 minutes to reach the earth.

Today's trivia is...
Q.What is the jet stream?
a) The cloudy trail left by jets
b) Strong upper atmospheric winds
c) A river in Montana
d) A rock band name

Have a great day! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Joey, B
;)

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Joey: re the trivia--if anyone misses it they will have to be sent to their room! LOL
It has to be "B"! I hope you enjoy the finches when they get to your house--I miss them when they leave here. Be sure to send them back in the fall! What is that you have coming up in your garden?

We are up to 67º from 62º just an hour ago. Sun shining brightly, no clouds.

Star of Bethlehem

Thumbnail by marsue
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Hey! Sidney! (((waving)))
LOL!, Marsue!!! :D Yes, they should be sent to their room! :D
Yes, that's what coming up in my yard (no garden space). Actually that was taken about 3 weeks ago...I really need to go outside right now & take some pics!
Be back later! :D

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Marsue, here is my Hosta today (from above)

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 7a)

My answer is B, also.

52°F with 60º and thundershowers coming.
Feels like: 52°F

Barometer: 29.7 in ↑
Dewpoint: 33°
Humidity: 48%
Wind: 18 mph NW
Sunrise: 6:35 AM
Sunset: 8:16 PM
UV Index: 1 Low

Thumbnail by kwanjin

I'm still confused as to which system prevails and are we Monsoon or Death Valley this year.
I's appreciate anyone's answer here.;)
TF, Freckle is just as cute as an Angel kiss.
Breezy and okay out.
;)

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

thanks, AngelKiss is a good name for one of his siblings, who is even cuter!

I choose trivia answer B!

Joey, you can google Black Jersey Giants for more info. They are an American Heritage breed, dual purpose bird. slower growing, docile, free-rangers, good for XL to Jumbo brown eggs and good for eating too! soemtiems they even take a day longer to hatch, but Freckle was in a hurry and came a day early just to cheer me up before going to court! i ahve a 20 min video of him hatching out that i will SOMEDAY put on youtube.

Until trouble started, my Buckeyes and Leghorns laid XL to Jumbo eggs that graded AA and AAA... with the price of feed going up 4 dollars per hundred pound for the baby chicks, it will be hard raising new one, but it is a joy, they help the future garden, and when we have eggs to sell again it will all be worth it. Best of all we have all colors and sizes of chickens now!

strange weather today. fog, then rain, then muggy and hot, now wet cold breeze from the SW promises thunderstorms, but may not deliver amount of rain needed... rain barrel is ready though!

tf

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.