April Daily Weather III, Rebirth Begins, Even in the North

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning! Sharon, we have your Wednesday cool front today. It's quite nice. :-) I'm not hosting an RU.. just a nursery hop. Every year on the Saturday before Mother's Day a daylily hybridizer nearby has a daylily garage sale at his house to sell of a bunch of his extras. A few of us are going to meet at his house at 6:45 am (yawn...) and then go nursery hopping after breakfast. It should be fun. :-) http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/835002/

I love that table, Sharon! Boo is so cute. :-)

E_B, your yard is beautiful, and those daffs are gorgeous!

Pepper, your tulips are lovely, too, and Whisker is adorable. I love fluffy cats. :-)

Deb, those iris are beautiful!

LOL Kelli, about the LA iris. Maybe you can try gumbo as a top dressing? ;-) 99° already... yikes! That prickly pear blossom is beautiful!

Marsue, the tree roses are gorgeous!

(drooling over Sharon's moss rose...)

I love the Chinese Foxglove, Ric.. Such a delicate pink.

Joey, the ant bites are much better as long as I'm not wearing shoes. Having shoes rub them is still irritating. Thanks for asking!! :-) I'm guessing A.

I had to put a jacket on the little bunny for the ride in the schoolbus this morning. She'll come home with it in her backpack, though. The high is going to be in the mid-70s.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53am CDT (54 min ago)
Temperature 52 °F 11 °C
Dew Point 46 °F 8 °C
Humidity 83%
Pressure 30.23 in 1023.8 mb
Wind Speed 7 MPH 6 kts
Wind Dir NNW 340°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 52.0°F / 11.1°C
6 hour max temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 59.0°F / 15.0°C
0.00" precipitation at 6:53am CDT .

This message was edited Apr 28, 2008 7:57 AM

(Zone 7a)

Lots of sun today.

45°F with 77º predicted.
Feels like: 39°F

Barometer: 30.1 in
Dewpoint: 24°
Humidity: 44%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 10 mph SE
Sunrise: 6:28 AM
Sunset: 8:21 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

You guys and gals make it hard to catch up! LOL
Sharon: love the moss rose! also, no wonder you broke down and bought that table--it is gorgeous! To me, Boo seems to be saying: "WE are not amused!" LOL I'll have to find out just how much rain we have had the last few weeks.
Kelli: I like the flower on that prickly pear.
Ric: thanks for the link. You have some great photos there although I haven't had time to look at all 5-thousand-plus of them! LOL
EB: just reading about what you have been doing makes me tired! I can only imagine how tired you must have been! You have a beautiful lawn and gardens!
Joey: Glad you got that needed rain. I'm guessing "B" on the trivia. You have dmail re: the Alba rose.
Marylyn: Have a good time at your "nursery hop". Sounds like fun! glad the ant stings are better!
Celia: gorgeous sunrise!

It was cooler yesterday and last night--down in the 40's for a low!
Today's forecast:
Mostly Sunny
High 71°F
Precip 20%
Wind: W 14 mph
Max. Humidity: 46%
UV Index: 9 Very High
Sunrise: 6:20 AM CT
Avg. High: 75°F
Record High: 86°F (1987)

Sun is shining brightly and current temp is 52º. I'll definitely be outside later planting the plants I bought at Randolph's Nursery in Jackson, TN on Saturday.
There were at least 20 DGers from AR, MS, and TN that met-up at Randolph's (Rita's) Nursery. We had a great time--shopping, visiting, eating lunch together at Casey Jones Restaurant. It was good to put names with faces.
Here's part of what I brought home with me:

Thumbnail by marsue
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the B'day wishes, Pepper, Sharon, Marsue, Marylyn, Kwanjin, Tamara, Sugar, Seeds, Kelli, Rannveig, & Adina. I took the whole day for myself. It was peaceful!

The grandkids sneezed on us last Wednesday and put both of us out of action for a few days. Who knew little boys could be so potent? I'm still a little thick headed, so forgive me for not reading much today.

We get a hard freeze tonight. I'm going to lose a lot of unopened blooms. I have too much to even try and cover.

It's a cold cloudy 44*.

Tornado warnings south and west of us on Friday the 25th. We were so lucky. Friday, late afternoon, looking north.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Wow, Billy that looked dangerous alright.
Marylyn that sure sounded like fun.
Marsue, that sure looked like fun.
And Ditto on all those compliments said above.
I have EBs yard as a screen saver. I tried Kiska's snow but it was just too chilly.
I however do love all of your pictures.
Sidney

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It's not supposed to be hot tomorrow.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 3:51 PM PDT on April 28, 2008
93 °F / 34 °C
Clear
Humidity: 8%
Dew Point: 24 °F / -4 °C
Wind: 12 mph / 18 km/h / 5.1 m/s from the SSW
Wind Gust: 17 mph / 28 km/h / 7.7 m/s

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

It started raining around 3:30 then stopped then started again about 5:30 and stopped again about 7:15. Looks like close to 1” so far. I’ll take it! Anything is better than nothing!

Joey, Marylyn, Marsue – Thanks! I fell in love with that table the first time I laid my eyes on it! Will post pics when finished or sometime during the remodel.
Joey – Send some of that rain down here! LOL!
Marylyn – Have fun at the nursery hop! It sounds like fun! Thanks!
Celia – Ooooh, beautiful sunrise!
Marsue - You brought home a nice load of plants! Lookin’ good!
Sally – Glad that storm missed your area. Whew….wish the cold had too! Hope y’all feel better soon.
Kelli – Are you getting a little cool front too?

Now (this is still up and it's 7:45 - wonder if there is more coming)
Through 730 PM...showers and thunderstorms continue with the heaviest thunderstorms between mcclenney and Amelia Island. Strong thunderstorms moving through Arlington will reach the coastal waters from Fernandina Beach to Jacksonville Beach before 7pm. Most of the showers in southeast Georgia and in the Suwannee Valley have decreased in intensity. The thunderstorms are moving east at 25 miles an hour. Heavy rainfall... lightning and winds gusts over 35 miles an hour should be expected with the thunderstorms.

Tonight
Numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms in the evening...then decreasing cloudiness and turning cooler. Low 58 (Wooo Hooo)!! West winds 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

My co-worker told me she saw a painted bunting in her yard yesterday. I really want to see one in person! This little goldfinch(?) was in my yard...it's visited a couple of times.

Thumbnail by MySharona
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Sharon, I want your coffee table!! :~p

Today was chilly. I doubt it left the 50s. But the sun was shining brightly so that made it ok. Tonight we have a freeze warning so I brought in alot of my annuals that I haven't potted up yet. The rest are on their own except for what I potted up today and I covered it up with a sheet for the night.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

E_B: Your garden is so well-kept! Sounds like you work very hard keeping it that way. You will have d-mail shortly. :)

Sharon: Good rain you're getting! We had showers late afternoon, totalling just under 1/2". Works for me.

Right now, cloudy and 75.

Deb

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

1-1/2" of rain in the last two days. It had been two weeks without rain. Temps are back down into the 40-50's.
Everything is jumping for joy. Last frost date is April 15th. LOLOLOL. Don't dare plant out tomatoes until about May 10th - and then keep covers handy. Cold outside, damp and overcast. Nice inside. We are blessed.

Yipee Rain!!!
Dyson Dark
Sidney

Sharon, I don't know if we get fronts this time of year, but it is supposed to cool down to something more "normal".

I guess you guys in the North are going through Winter’s last blast. I hope your plants make it through the night. : (
That giant “aahhhhhhh” y’all heard yesterday were mine and Sidney’s plants!

Pepper – LOL! Every time I went into Judy’s store and saw that table I’d sigh. I called Judy Friday afternoon and asked her if it was still there, she said “yes” and I told her to put a “sold” sign on it!
Sidney – I went outside after work and stood in the drizzle for a little while! It felt so good! LOL!
Se_eds - Yay - you got rain too! I know you are counting the days to plant!

60.4 °F / 15.8 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 50%
Dew Point: 42 °F / 5 °C
Wind: 4.0 mph / 6 km/hfrom the NW
Wind Gust: 7.8 mph / 12 km/h
Pressure: 30.00 in / 1015.8 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Overcast 25000 ft / 7620 m
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 20 ft / 6 m

Today
Mostly sunny. High 74. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

I just opened the back door. That was my giant "ahhhh" at the temps! It's going to be a nice couple of days. I just had nice little surprise! I forgot I planted these and I've somehow lost the label. I know it's a Dutch Iris, but not the name. I kept wondering what that little plant was!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Deb - I forgot to ask you this. DH went to SC to help a friend move over the weekend. He found these blooms in SC. Do you know what kind of flowers they are?

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! Yes, we are in the big chill for a couple of days...Our temp at the moment is 36°. Some folks in the area had snow last night. I'll definitely have to cover & bring in plants. I have brought in a few, but need to do some more. My retaining wall is 100' long & I'm not sure if I have enough news paper! :-O We will be 20° Below average tonight! Glad I haven't packed up my winter things!
At Dublin...
Mostly Cloudy: 37°F
Feels like: 28°F
Barometer: 29.9 in
Dewpoint: 28°
Humidity: 70%
Wind: 16 mph WNW
Sunrise: 6:29 AM
Sunset: 8:11 PM
UV Index: 0 Low
A LARGE COLD HIGH PRESSURE CENTER WILL BUILD OVER THE AREA LATER TONIGHT. THIS WILL RESULT IN FREEZING TEMPERATURES ACROSS GREENBRIER COUNTY AND AREAS OF FROST ELSEWHERE.

Sharon! Do ya need some more rain? :D I could send you more! :D We had over 1 1/2" yesterday (a total of nearly 3" since Sat). Our little creek is "roaring"! I Love your Dutch Iris! I have never seen one that color before! And the finch! I am waiting on them! :D Actually I think they are here. I know the hummers are. I hope the birds will be OK tonight. I have seen Robins die, due to the cold. The hummers will be ok. They go into a "hibernation" to stay alive.
Kelli, I hope things cool down for you! You don't need all of that heat until summer!
Se_eds, hope that you get somemore rain, too! I can't wait to see you flowers! You work so hard on them! ;)
Sally, Glad that the tornado missed you! That is a nasty looking sky! Va. had 3 tornados yesterday, but none near hear. The mountains protect us.
Marsue! Love your new buy! Those are some really nice ones! :D Are those Coladiums? Love the color! :D
Sidney, Glad you got some of the rain...Won't more? ;)
Marylyn, Glad that you are doing better after those ants! A Great excuse for not wearing shoes! :D

The answer to the trivia is...A
Oak Ridge,TN has an average daily wind speed of 4.4 mph.

Today's trivia question is...
What is the snowiest city based on a yearly average?
a) Buffalo, NY
b) Steamboat Springs, CO
c) Jackson Hole, WY
d) Stampede Pass, WA

Have a Great Day!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Wanna see somethin' pretty funny? :D

Thumbnail by music2keep
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

i see he is loving something, sweet potatoes or carrots?

i will say C., Jackson Hole, because they have a ski lift and resort there...

(Zone 7a)

B...Colorado.

I was sick all day yesterday. After I posted, I went straight back to bed. I feel MUCH better now.

Too much to comment on. Everything is gorgeous!

66°F with 82º later.
Feels like: 66°F

Barometer: 29.7 in
Dewpoint: 16°
Humidity: 13%
Wind: 18 mph SSE
Sunrise: 6:27 AM
Sunset: 8:22 PM
UV Index: 1 Low

Weeping peach is coming on nicely.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Sharon, your flowers from SC are tulip tree.

Weeping peach is pretty.

I'll pick D for the trivia question since it's a place I never heard of.

A couple days ago, someone asked if I climbed all 154 steps to get up on Anacapa, and I did. It was either that or sit on the dock for 2 hours. I went up about 3/4 of the way before I needed a rest. I get along pretty well for a fat lady. ;-)

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm guessing A. Buffalo gets tons of snow. JW is adorable even when he's a mess. LOL

Ooo, that peach blossom is gorgeous, kwanjin!

(Zone 7a)

I got my weeping peach a year ago. It was an 18" stick and it got snowed on the next day. Now it's 2' tall and filling out nicely. I have no idea of her name, though.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

That's a neat form of peach Celia.
Such a doll Joey, I know you just love him to death.
Trivia answer is Buffalo. They get "lake effect" snow. If they had a hill skiing would be their main attraction.
Sharon, I have seen those in NC and Ga. I don't know the name.
Mild weather no rain today.
;)

(Zone 3b)

11am; 40°/cloudy with patches of blue.
The cranes have arrived and with their arrival, spring can't be far behind. They'll remain in this area for a short time, then continue on further north.
MySharona~the table is beautiful; love the idea of remodeling and look forward to pics. Love the iris.
Sugarweed~awwww; sorry you couldn't take the cold:)) maybe use it later this summer?)
kwanjin~glad you're feeling better; seeing a gorgeous blossom like that peach, would boost one's spirits.
Music2Keep~JW is just adorable; D ~~ seems you're going to be busy w/plant covers this evening.
E_B~your landscaping is beautiful.
Taken 2 days ago; snow's now gone off the roof.

Thumbnail by kiska
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Sharon: Just confirming what Kelli said. It is a Tulip Tree blossom. Fast growing tree. That iris of yours is Gorgeous with a capital "G". This is the link for the Tulip Tree.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1031/

Joey: JW is funny!!

I got a nasty surprise from the "weather man". This afternoon the forecast for tonight said mid 40s.
Now it says "Patchy frost" and lows in the upper 30s!! Crikey! That is SO not right for April 29th!!
Deb
(Little Iris cristata blooming today)

Thumbnail by DebinSC

Joey – So glad you didn’t have any severe weather. Are you ready for the freeze? Oh, your poor babies (plants)! Awww…hope no robins die… : ( Yes – send rain if possible, but no snow! LOL! I’m going with B also on the trivia. OMG – I love the look on JW’s face! Yuuuuuummmmmy!!
Celia – Your weeping peach is beautiful!
TF – How are things going on your end? How is your baby?
Kelli – Thanks for the ID!
Kiska – The cranes move further North? How much farther North? What kind of cranes are they? Sorry for all the questions! LOL! That is a beautiful picture!
Deb – Thanks for the link. Jeff wants to get a tulip tree, but I don’t know if it will grow here. We can always try. Ewwwww…that’s way too cold for April! Laundry time! Little Ms. Cristata is beautiful!

71.4 °F / 21.9 °C
Clear
Humidity: 22%
Dew Point: 31 °F / -1 °C
Wind: 4.0 mph / 6.4 km/h / 1.8 m/s from the NW
Wind Gust: 6.7 mph / 10.8 km/h
Pressure: 30.00 in / 1015.8 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 75 °F / 24 °C
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 20 ft / 6 m

Tonight
Clear and colder. Low 47. North winds 5 mph.

Well, I guess I'm bringing the orchids back in tonight - just a tad too chilly for them. I have 13 blooms and 4 more buds on this bad boy. Then I have another cane sprouting from another orchid. I posted this pic on NGM.

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 3b)

So sorry to hear about all the damage in Virgina~how frightening to experience a tornado.
4pm; 46°; clouds and blue sky still at odds; looks as if the clouds will win.
MySharona~the cranes are sandhill cranes and will go on to Fairbanks and to the North Slope. They migrate up from the southwestern states, and Mexico. The orchid is gorgeous.
Deb~more cold weather; can you/plants take much more?:) What a pretty, delicate iris.
Took this at 3 this afternoon. More open water than ice.

Thumbnail by kiska
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

We are scheduled for frost tonight, after a beautiful blue and gold and cold spring day. I don't have anything out that will suffer. After 50 or so years you sorta can guess when to plant stuff that is tender LOL. But, there is always the exception to past experience.

I loved seeing the tulip tree blossoms. When I was a child we tulip trees surrounding the homestead. Those poplar trees became gigantic and made many board feet of beautiful green and gold lumber.

(Zone 3b)

se_eds~~nothing quite like experience to draw on~even if something out of the ordinary happens, sounds like you're ready.
The idea of green/gold lumber sounds great.

LOL,
If you read down on the link above for Tulip Poplar you will see my critique of that tree. The base alone weighed 40 tons alone. The trunk was cut in 3 long sections.
Those flowers are pretty but the tree sheds about every 3 months one mess after another.
At this time I am wondering what I was thinking putting an aluminum garage under all these Oak trees?
Sidney

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Glad for the rain for you folks who needed it. No rain here, thank goodness, and none forecast until Friday.
Joey: I'm going with "A" for the trivia. JW is cute as ever, even with food on his face! LOL
Deb: hope you have your "laundry" done in advance of those freezing temps! Pretty little iris.
Celia: glad you are feeling better. Lovely color on that weeping peach.
BP: Hope you are feeling better, too. Grandkids can, indeed, be "potent". Once, several years ago, my DGD sneezed on me and the result for me was a bad eye infection. Gotta love them, though! :o))
Kiska: hooray for the cranes if they bring spring to you!
Sharon: gorgeous orchid. None of mine have bloomed in over a year. I am probably guilty of neglecting them--you think?
Kelli: I know you are looking forward to some cooler weather.

Tonight: Clear to partly cloudy. Low around 50F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny skies. High around 80F. Winds S at 15 to 25 mph.

Tomorrow is the annual "Track and Field Day" at my 7 yr. old DGS's school. I'll be there all day. I helped out last year, too. Everybody had a great time--children and adults alike. Here's a pic of my DGS in one of the events last year.

Thumbnail by marsue
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Coolish today. I think we finally hit low 60s late afternoon but not sure. Sun was shining so that made it feel warmer. :~)

(Zone 3b)

Sidney~sure seems it's a pretty, huge, and messy tree. I think the messiness would be quite a bother.
Marsue~have a great time tomorrow. He's a cute kid; intent, too.
pepper~nice that the sun was out to create the illusion of being warm:)
Upriver view of the Matanuska.
Sunset: 10:00 PM AKDT
8pm; 46°. Guess it's not going be in the 50's. Maybe tomorrow.

Thumbnail by kiska

Kiska – I didn’t know the sand hill cranes migrated that far north! Interesting! You’ve got more water than snow now! It’s almost spring!
Se_eds – I agree w/Kiska – the color of the board sounds beautiful.
Sidney – LOL! Do you hear acorns hitting the aluminum all day and night? ;)
Marsue – Have you fertilized your orchids? What kind do you have? Have fun today!
Pepper – Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday!
Kiska – The Live Oaks have really been putting out the blooms and pollen this year. The roof is covered, all of the cars are yellow and almost everyone is sneezing. Washing the car is a waste of time, just a quick rinse to get the bulk off. They are beautiful though. I can’t wait until July! I’m so excited! LOL!

49.1 °F / 9.5 °C
Clear
Windchill: 49 °F / 9 °C
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 42 °F / 5 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa (Steady)

Today
Sunny. High 74. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

DH is heading to PA to pick up a pull behind trailer he bought. Apparently this is one of his "things" to do. He buys what he calls an "escape pod" for hurricane season. I appreciate the effort, but why does it always have to be a huge hideous ugly money pit that needs "a little work"? Men, can you answer this? LOL!! I just smile and say "Ok, go get your new toy and bring it home!" LOL!

It is DysonDark.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Bright blue skies. sunny, the thermometer says 50 though the wx channel says 42 & the rain gauge is at 7.5 in.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! :D Now frost here! It was 32° @ 6:00 a.m. but there was a dense fog! :D Nothing like being in the valley under trees! :D Everyone else had thick frost. Lucky us. I just went & uncovered all of my Hostas so they could enjoy the sun. Beautiful! outside! :D It's 42° right now. I went this morning to pick up my cap & gown at school & the Red Bud is Magnificent! And of course I didn't have my camera! Garrett even asked me if I had it. So if he noticed....that is really saying something.
At Dublin...
Clear: 45°F
Feels like: 45°F
Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 36°
Humidity: 70%
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 6:28 AM
Sunset: 8:12 PM
UV Index: 3 Moderate

Thanks Kiska! Love the last bite of winter! Great shots!
Thanks Marsue, 'Hope you're having fun at the "Track and Field Day". Sounds like it will be a real hoot! :D
Sally, Hope you get to feeling better. I really can wait if JW is gonna give me "sickness". It was bad enough with Garrett & Emily. Ugh! You weren't sick during your birthday were you? It's nice to have solitude, huh? Glad it was good for you.
Thanks Sharon! Your Ice plant & Orchid are Awesome! :D
Deb, Hope you didn't get any frost! :-O And that far south? Jeez! btw...he is Real Funny! :D
Thanks Sidney, He's my little man! :D
TF, He loves sweet potatoes & likes carrots fairly well, but he was chewing on a teething biscuit! :D At 7 1/2 months he's already making messes! :D And let me ask you this....have you ever known a kid to "roll" instead of crawl? He can roll anywhere he wants to go, but can't go anywhere when he gets up on his hands and knees. He just rocks back & forth, & fusses.
Dyson! Wow! Now that's what I call a deluge! You didn't go floating did you? Did your mom get that much! I know she lives really near a creek!
Thanks Marylyn! :D (I agree, but I'm supposed to! - Grammy's rights! :D)
Kw, Hope you're feeling better. That peach blossom is Gorgeous! Great Shot!

The answer to the trivia is...D...I guessed Buffalo
Stampede Pass, WA receives an average of 440.3 inches of snow each year!

Today's trivia is...
What is the greatest 2 minute temperature rise in the US?
a) 19
b) 29
c) 39
d) 49

Have a Great Day! :D
Joey

my wild Violets are in bloom! :D

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 7a)

My guess is D, 49.

Pretty flowers.

Snow coming this afternoon and tomorrow. (sigh)

47°F
Feels like: 45°F

Barometer: 29.6 in ↑
Dewpoint: 27°
Humidity: 45%
Wind: 5 mph NNW
Sunrise: 6:26 AM
Sunset: 8:23 PM
UV Index: 1 Low

(Zone 3b)

37° Rain/mixed snow- rain will win out, I hope:)
Will be back later-

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Joey: My guess for the trivia is also D. Pretty wild violets.
Sharon: no I haven't been feeding the orchids. Duh, what was I thinking? LOL
Kiska: good view of the Matanuska, although it looks cold!.
Dyson: wow--you got 7 1/2 inches of rain!

Current temp is 77º with a light wind.
A gorgeous sunshiney day--warm, but not too warm and not humid, with a mild breeze blowing. It couldn't have been a better day for the track and field day! A good time was had by all as you can tell from the photo.

Thumbnail by marsue
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kiska: Definitely less ice in the Matanuska!
Sharon: Love that red Ice Plant (?). I had one like that last summer. I doubt it will return. :(
Dyson: 7.5" in one day??

We ended up with very, very patchy frost and it only got down to 41. Thank goodness. I hope that's IT! :)

Beautiful day today. Sunny, breezy, low 70s.
Deb

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well we brought all the tenders in yesterday.
Then the Freeze Warning turned to Freeze Watch to Frost Advisory.
This foggy morning the car was covered w/ dew.
As I wiped it off the rag froze to the back window......
This is in the unprotected front yard.
My work buddy said his car was ice covered and he lives 40 miles south...

It appears the car ice was all we got.
Temps were back in the lower 60's by afternoon.
Tomorrow we're looking at 77!

Ric

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.