Flowering today part II

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

You double posted. lol

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey, Amanda. I don't know how that happens. My input is hardly worth one, definitely not 2.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

This is the obediant plant I'm aware of.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/23/

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey, babe! Don't think this is the same thing I have seen. Often the same name means something entirely different. So, my reason for saying: red flower, blue, flower, purple flower, etc, etc, etc,. According to The King.

LOL. You mght have hit the button twice and not realized it. Happens all the time.

Don't this look so inviting?

Thumbnail by pepper23
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Oh don't be silly! You can post 3 or 4 times if you want to. Just gives us a reason to tease ya!

Sue that orange trumpet vine is GORGEOUS!!! When the pic came up I couldn't help the "Wow" that popped out of my mouth!

As I've said before, I can't even approach the beauty that some of you are posting, but I do have my successes. After 3 tries, I FINALLY have a healthy clerodendrum - bleeding heart that I have just been working and working on. Here is mine, and in a moment I'll post the one that I hope to emulate:

Thumbnail by Islandshari

Hey at least you can grow one. If it's tropical I can't grow it. No place to store one. lol. An itty bitty house has no room for more plants unless I get rid of non killable house plants.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Pepper, wait till you see this! On Pohnpei last year, my friend and I were just walking down toward town and we see this incredible wall of flowers. It must have been 12 feet high and at least that long if not longer:

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes Pepper, are we meeting for Margaritas in that inviting space.

Well Christi, you can call it Chaste Tree, Lavender Lady, Round Leaf, Huang Ping, Monks Pepper, 'Abbeville Blue' 'Silver Spires', Montrose Purple, 'Mississippi Blue',
'Shoal Creek', Lilac, Alba, Hand of Mary, but as of yet, "obediant plant" has yet to make it's appearance on the nick name list..would you like me to add it? LOL

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

That is an awsome bleeding heart Shari

Gorgeous Shari!! If you like living walls then you really need to come up here to where I work. We have the longest living wall this side of the ocean. It's stunning.

Ok, here is what I call a portico which is right above the bench in the last pic.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hmmm...I'm not sure about the margaritas Randy. That place looks more like a lovely german white wine and a really good book to me. I prefer sandy toes with my margaritas. Pepper, it is beautiful!

Off to make some Hulihuli meatballs for a beachside meeting tonight. Hmmm...maybe a margarita or two in the cooler....hmmm

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

mmmmm.....I smell a lovely red wine, that has a medium spicey, black currant flavor that continues to insinuate a robust boquet well after you've set the glass down.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Shari,
We'll need that recipe for the HuliHuli meatballs! Thanks!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

And to just EXACTLY which brand of what grape are you referring Randy??? Vino loving palates need to know!!!!

Jeanne, ground meat (pork preferrably), chopped pineapple, chopped waterchestnuts, bread crumbs of your choice, an egg, and huli huli sauce...make meatballs and serve with fresh pineapple and more huli huli. (huli huli is a yummy hawaiian sauce made from soy sauce, ginger, honey and some other good stuff).

We all take a puupuu (hor's dourve) to share, a chair and something to drink. Who says meetings have to be dull? Sunset over the lagoon does wonders for the psyche.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Sounds great, Shari! DS likes to make Mango salsa meatballs....we just use reg. meatballs and simmer in a glaze / sauce with Mango nectar and crushed pineapple. I think he puts honey and that other good stuff in it too!

Thanks for your recipe!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Hi Shari, Rj, Texasgal, pepper and louC. (hope I didn't miss anyone) Yeah, when you see a mass of flowers thats when you have to have it, but it takes so long to get there, most of the time! I planted 2 of the trumpet vines and both died. I know they grow around here, (or so the picture suggests LOL)
The Bleeding Heart vine is gorgeous. One of my garden customers has a lovely one and he calls it Tears of Christ (he's in his 90's). Have any of you heard it called that before?
I have the obedient plant. It's called Physostegia and I have white and purple. they self seed and are a little bit foxglove-like, in that they have a spike of flowers. Apparently if you push them to one side, they will stay there, hence, Obedient!
My customers Clerodendron last year.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Heres the Physostegia last season as it is coming into flower

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

another>

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Oh! you win!

LOL. Great pics weed!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Thanks Pepper. I love my camera! Unfortunately it is getting a bit tired and doesn't want to open its shutter everytime. I'm doing some research on a new one, and as the prices have dropped so dramatically over the years, I'll get one with a few more megapixels and a bit more optical zoom. Are they any faster in the shutter these days?

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

No, the tree I'm talking about is definitely not an "obedient plant".

I have a bleeding heart that is about 10". Will have to give it a big dose of something.

Those are too wonderful for words.

Randy, you really need to make a housecall.

Christi

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Great shots Weed and Dale! Just lovely!

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Not done yet....

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

The last....

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Post #871

Are those brugs at the bottom of the picture?

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Yes

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Dale, as ususal your pics knock me out. But I am glad to see that Sue is giving you some competition! Ha Ha. Beautiful pics both of you!! My little baby sure has some growing to do!

I must apologize for these being so small, I went too far in the opposite direction from their being too large. The next bactch will hopefully be just right - call me Goldilocks!

Here is my El Capitolio showing off for the camera:

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

aaaaahhhhhhh

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

WOW! Nice Y'all!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Do we want a new thread? getting too long?

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

New - yes.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/851683/
We have moved, follow the link

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.