Flowering today part II

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

wow..great landscaping..do you do that yourself weedwoman?

aaah...a friend of mine just brought me the purple firespike a couple weeks ago ..any suggestions on planting locations?

Lovely irises!

Look, my first chalice vine...I think it's a freak bloom as it's not blooming season..I think they probably have occasional blooms whenever it's cool?! I don't know much about them.

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Beautiful irises Jaye! Randy how cool! If anyone was going to have freak blooms, it would be lucky you with your permanently green thumb!

Sue, I wish I could send you a cutting, but I just found out this week that the postal service has put the cabosh on any and all plants leaving the island. I was lucky getting quite a few cuttings and seeds out to my DG friends, but someone in Hawaii got the wind up and now they are checking everything with a fine tooth comb. The culprit was a clam shell that someone sent out which is a super no-no! Not only can they not be mailed - they are not supposed to even be picked up! So now they are watching our mail like hawks. Darn! Two boxes of coconuts I had sent to Colorado were confiscated! AAAArrrrgh!

No pics at the moment. I'm re-potting orchids this afternoon, so catch you all later.

Yokwe,
Shari

london England, United Kingdom

Beautiful spring flowers all, Thanks for sharing.

Happy Birthday BHM (Jenny) Have a lovely day!

Thumbnail by terriculture
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh happy day ♫♪♫♫
...happy birthday Jen, and wishing you lots of laughter and good health!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
mulege, Mexico

Happy Birthday, Jenn

katiebear

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, they meant a lot to me...

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Happy Birthday BHM! On ya Terri for bringing it to our attention.
Thanks Texas gal
Hi Heavenscape, thanks for your irises. they are in my favourites list! So reliable and hardy and low maintenance!
RJ, yes! Lots of sweat and sore back and shoulders, shovelling, digging blah, blah, blah. Makes me feel alive! And I can't seem to stop! I like your Golden Chalice vine and am actually seeking a Bromeliad of the same name!
Shari, sorry about your restrictions, but quarantine is tighter than a fishes hoohaa over here, so nothing gets through anyway! I know there are good reasons for it, but how frustrating eh?
Heavenscape, what is that last lovely bloom pictured?
Sue

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Morning Sue...that's a "Kennedy" rose...it's supposed to be a tea hybrid, but somehow reverted to a floribunda.
I had gotten boxes emptied by customs enroute here, from Europe and Asia. Guess they thought Osama might be 'posting' himself!
Shari, hope you feel better.
Have a super nice day everyone!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Ahhh Sue - I didn't realize that you had restrictions as well! It is frustrating! Here we are, all willing and able to share the beauty and bounty of nature with friends around the world, and the postal restrictions keep us from doing so! I guess I also understand the reasons - but like airport security measures, I only want it to affect "the other guy" - not me! Ain't I just the selfish old biddy!

Jaye that Kennedy is gorgeous - floribunda or tea, it doesn't matter.

Happy day everyone!
Shari

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I hear ya! scoopin and diggin, hauling and shovin..

Made some new additions to the new landscaping...Statue of David and that black concrete bench

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

and the shell ginger was accessorizing this carnival mask I have in the garden!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

That mask is great! The shell ginger is great also, as for David, why, I'm blushing! Your garden looks great RJ.
Heavenscape, I did not realise it was a rose! I was thinking gardenia! Ha! Does it have a fragrance?
Shari, I think the world has gone mad! Stop it spinning! I want to get off!
Sue
This little cutie is Vriesea carinata (bromeliad)

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL, thanks..
I love those bromeliads!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I am waaay behind on here. Bad storms last night with lots of lightning. Some were close to the house so I stayed off the computer. Then today I had to talk to a neighbor since she was out and found out we have stud colt who is high strung and has already escaped pasture once. I am the official horsecatcher so now I need to get a new halter and lead rope for him. Grrrr...

Overall just extremely busy. Barely any time to sleep even!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Good for you, Pepper! I've always been afraid of horses even though our son has had them since he was 9 years old.

Christi

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Not me! lol. My neighbors are newbies to horses and they supposedly have at least 4 of them with 3 being less than 5 yrs old. And mustangs and Arabs/QH. The Arab is the stud. He needs to be gelded but I don't think they realize that. I am gonna get some help for them though. :~)

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Good for you. Everyone needs a mentor.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Here in Florida we are getting to end of the Bougainvilla season, they love the cool weather of spring.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Soon the summer (think heat and humidity) flowers will take over.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

I very much enjoy the summer, from inside the air conditioned house.

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Hey Dale, is that flower under your bougie a pagoda flower - clero type??

Dee

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Dale those are gorgeous!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It is a clerodendrum...not sure if it's pagoda or panticulatum

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Randy, look what's in bloom at my house.....

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

so purdy! I was kind of shocked to see that they can pretty much grow into a small tree!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

So far they are doing good in their pot, but will probably have to repot them, and some others also. My chocolate plant is coming back....it''s small, but at least it's a start!!!!! I didn't kill it!

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

You should start noticing tiny ones coming up in and around that pot. I am seeing them all over the place. I love those plants...they are the coolest

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Well.....maybe that IS what is coming up there! Oh well....I brought it into the garage out of the cold.....I tried!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Thought I would never get through planting. While the carpet was being laid in the backroom I made hey in the garden. Finally have everything in the ground, watered and just singing their songs. Thanks Randy. Hope I don't kill anything.

LouC

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL,
I planted the rest of the things in the new landscaping...alot of it I had placed there in pots to see how they fared. Seemed like there were no complaints..so they went into the ground. I'm already filling the mulch bins with trimming and thinning. I've already lost control of the front garden

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Still need to get some place for a compost pile. hhhhmmmm

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

This is Daylily Space Coast Extreme Fashion. It is my first daylily to bloom this season. Several others have scaped! Tis the season.....

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

We have Magnolia trees out front. They are just loaded with buds. This one was on the other side, and I almost missed it! They smell sooooo good!

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

More double Hibiscus....

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Beautiful Jeanne! I do love magnolia wafting on the breeze!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Me too!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Bringing some blooms to Sue and Chrissy, since it's Autumn there, right?
My favorite NOID iris.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Wild violets and a dandelion.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Amaryllis that finally bloomed after 2 years.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Another very much appreciated Amaryllis.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.