ZZ plant

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

LOL

Buffalo, NY

Here's what it might get to look like after two years :)

Thumbnail by Planter56

Planter, that baby is worth at least $50 here. Great looking babe!

Grants Pass, OR

I've been searching the market place and found only one vender with this plant. They want 52 for a 10 inch and 104 I think for a 19. If anyone has a cutting or start that they'd like to part with for less than 15 I'd love to have it.

Buffalo, NY

Thanks Clemen :) It's actually in a 16" pot so it's not that small but very heavy. Hey sweeetdreamer I have no idea where your looking but around here there sold as young plants in homedepot or Lowes. I know several local nurseries have them for about 4 or 5 dollars. Once they get established they do grow quickly so don't start big. Start small :)

Grants Pass, OR

I just saw the one vender online. Those were the only sizes offered. We don't have a home depot so I wont be able to look there. :( I was hopeing someone on here could help me.

Anchorage, AK

Hi! I am still trying to grow mine. I managed to get a start to try to root! :) You can try a google search but I have found them on ebay for less. You might check that out.

northwest, IL(Zone 5a)

I potted these 3 zz leaves over a year ago.
They are just now showing sprouts!
Karen

Thumbnail by cheerpeople

WOW Karen, it took a long time, BUT, you are getting nice shoots. Just wait in no time they will be big, you waited long enough!

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Isn't that wonderful to see?!

Buffalo, NY

A good method to try is using course sand such as builders sand. Make sure that the leaf you have has the petiole attached to it. Put a little rooting hormone on the end and stick it in the sand. Make sure that the sand is moist. Cover pot and leaves in a big plastic bag and keep in the shade. Try that method and also try using rooting gel. Just a few ideas :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.