Smilies

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Is this something that you made up for this site Dave or is does this short-cut translate elsewhere?

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

my email friends use it all the time but I didn't know how they were doing it (LOL)

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

gessiegail, your email friends would be using :-)

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

My turn to try *lol* ^_^

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Woo Hoo, Success

Thank You Dave

Kim ^_^

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I promise that I have friends in New Mexico who always sign their emails with that little yellow smily face.

I'm sure they do, but when they input the smiley they probably use the keys :-) which comes out a smiley in most people's email. Or they have email software that lets them put a smiley in. My Eudora will do that.

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

^_^

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

All I know is that I can mess up a computer faster than a child can! My incredimail is so messed up I have to call the computer tech, my best friend now! When all my friends who are older as I am were taking computer lessons at Del Mar college, I scoffed at the idea of needing to do that. Now I am sorry I didn't take lessons.

Okay, my turn to try! ^_^

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Ok , Dave. Now, what do we say when people are putting about 6 to 9 smilies on each posts? It is driving me nuts (LOL)

North Augusta, ON

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Just smile Gail...it's a happy day!!!

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Oooops, I think I am the one driving you nuts *lol*
I need to learn to smile less often *lol*

Kim

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Hush threegardeners! ^_^ It is not going to be really good until this friend whom I love dearly goes home. ^_^ I just back from a week at my daughter's house and this friend called to say she wanted to come for a week.......sorry to be so grumpy!^_^

But one smily goes a long way.......^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

How funny, Kim as it is you I am talking about! That is what I get for being grumpy this morning.....get caught being grumpy ^_^

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

I knew it was me.
Sorry.

Good for you, gessie!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Kim knows I love her anyway........I am the one to apologize and not you, Kim!

Wrong thread to post this but I have been laughing and starting my day over! I keep locking myself out of the house and having to break in (well, my brother has to). Dimmer asked me if I wanted to be a nerd or a biker so I answered that I would rather be a biker.

Look what she just sent me and I won't post on the thread anymore.......this is priceless though. Even a doo rag is included.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

It would appear that Dave has moved on after his point and we have lost his interest in our happy face chat.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

^ _ ^

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

^_^ kewl beans.........but why not just add emoticons to the site?

"eyes"

This message was edited Jun 3, 2008 3:48 PM

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Wow, it's been a month since Dave showed everyone how to add Smilies! ^_^

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

I won't add Emotions because I think it might be 'Spyware", not sure but I don't trust any of these cutsie things that may just be gathering information. Once I added a cute "gator" thingy, thought I would never get rid of it. It was "spy ware".

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

Azalea, these are done with the keyboard so there's no danger of spyware.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

I know what we have on here is harmless with our keyboard - I'm, talking about a program called "Emotions" - it has a row of animated faces - you have to click on it to add it to your programs. I get them on many emails, but won't click on it to add to mine. It may be harmless, but I don't know, so why take the chance.

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

I believe they can cause problems.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I love the yellow smilies... as with the ability to put text in bold, italics, etc., they can add interest or emphasis to a post. But I'm really glad Dave hasn't opened the door to a bunch of emoticons, animated dancing sig files, etc. I think I'd find them very distracting as I scrolled down through a thread.

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

I agree.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

Me too!

June

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Me too, this one is fine, it has not been overkill yet.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm going to give this a try... ^_^

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

okay, trying now.^_^

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

awesome! Thanks!

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

This is a test. ^_^

Lyndonville, NY

^_^

This message was edited Oct 4, 2008 10:18 PM