Today's Weather in Your Garden - 16

South Hamilton, MA

Dreary & wet. Going to austin-Texas for AIS convention in a week, I think I will fry.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Have fun!

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Have a great time!!!

Thomaston, CT

Oooh Texas sounds nice right now, but the crocus are so pretty I'd miss them--haha. Welcome, Elisabeth--I've never been that far down east---Acadia is the farthest--I spent 2 summers at U of Maine Orono taking art classes & hiking in Acadia--those were the good old days!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

46 degree's and really foggy. I can hear the Fog horn out in the sound. I know it is spring for sure now. Patti

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Raked up (2) 30lb bags (not gallons, pounds!), worth of acorns from the backyard and spread pellet fertilizer on the front lawn this afternoon.

Temp 49.4° Wind NW 0.0 mph, Baro 29.58↓. ☺

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

WC, your bonsai are amazing.

It's very dreary around here this am. I hope it gets better. I have my nieces this weekend.

Saturday...Cloudy. A chance of showers with areas of fog this morning. Highs in the upper 50s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Sunday...Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Highs in the upper 40s. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.

Monday...Mostly cloudy in the morning...Then becoming partly sunny. Highs around 50. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph.

Tuesday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 50s.

Wednesday...Sunny. Highs in the upper 50s.

Thursday...Mostly sunny. Highs around 60.

Friday...Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs around 60.

I got my Sooner Plant Farm order. Let me go check it out so I can post on the other thread.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Next week looks like a good week. A lot of drying out so finally can get some measuring and marking finished for the new shrub border, maybe even start moving and dividing DLs. Yeah. Today not so much. Rain showers off and on this am. Temp is a little warmer than yesterday to start out, always a good sign, at 36 degrees. No wind really.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Rain today, it rained/snowed yesterday but it was 36 so the snow melted as soon as it hit the ground. Got to love it when it does that! (BIG GRIN)

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

40 degrees and dreary. Patti

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

51 and dreary.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Took a nice mile walk with the dog and DBF this AM, the cattleyas in bloom next to the computer smell heavenly, played at straightening some eon marker in the melted parts of the garden and got thorns in my hands from brushing against the roses. Several people have called me for rose pruning directions lately. I guess it's spring.

55 and partly sunny. Breezy.

The sun came out for five minutes. It's still bright out and still 50 but no sun now.

Thanks Anita!

Overcast with dark clouds to the N, W & South. Going to clean up more of the winter debris in the backyard today and spread pellet fertilizer as well to take advantage of the impending rain.

Temp 53.9°, Wind N 10.4 mph, Wchill 42.6°. ☺

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

It's 48 here and getting a bit brighter. Looking forward to tomorrow and next week for some much-needed time in the gardens.

South Hamilton, MA

Overcast & raw. I can't work in those conditions & the Austen roses need pruning.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

55 and sunny here. Got my dahlia tubers out to start some up and take final inventory.

Wow - now it's official, Al!

That's good news, Al. I thought you'd have a surprise storm.

We have 55 degrees and sunshine so I'm heading outside now.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Yep that settles it, Al's talking planting his tubers and the peepers are singing....it's SPRING!!!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Now it is 46 degree's but bright and sunny.

I hit the wall with all the yard work I did today, so I have quite for the day. Another big burn pile day with many big dead limbs cut down with a chain saw by DH. I was the horse and hauled them to the burn pile. Then DH pruned more than half to the roses. I still need to attack the mess in the shed. I need to do a little cleaning in the beds. I need to leaf blow out some areas. I won't lay down mulch until early May.

I have all my dahlias tubers in little plastic bags and some have eyes and roots. I will pot them up this week and grow them out in the GH. Some where rotten so I have thrown those out , but I think I will have a net gain over what I bought last year in a coop. So I am pleased. I am going to plant them in along the edge of the Veggie bed so I can stake them properly.

We rented a big rototiller yesterday and created a new bed in the front yard on the north side of the house and we enlarged the veggie bed. I now just need to get two boats moved to a visually better spot, and I will consider most of my spring list done. Now I almost can start planting. Patti

Not happy to be photographed?

Thumbnail by victorgardener

Checking out the pond.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Zoomed in from about 40 yards away.

Thumbnail by wha
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

great shots Victor & Wha

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Last Saturday morning - Needed to check out the bang, bang.

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Last Friday had a pack of 19 of these guys. This one was the big gobbler.

Thumbnail by wha
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Victor and wha those are great shots. Love the chipmunk and the Tom sure does look like he is impressing the little lady.

Is it November yet??

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Tom was had his eye on all the girls. Here's the pack ready to cross the ice and heading for the woods on the other side.

Thumbnail by wha
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

We have a spring and fall turkey hunt here now - they were reintroduced 20 years or so ago. Funny to see those things when they roost up in trees.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

It sure is. I've had a few fly down into the yard while I was working. They are pretty big and scarred the heck out of me. They like to use my horse shoe pits for dirt baths.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

turkeys are freaky

:)

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

too hot here to stay much longer! drip, drip, drip....shower, shower, shower....that's how gardening goes here now. I'm ready for hemlocks, dirt roads and lady slippers! I love all of the pics of early spring up there......enticing!!!

Even the magnolia is getting ready to bloom!

Thumbnail by pirl

Nice pics!
- I agree, turkeys are strange birds...and to think they were almost part of our national emblem instead of the eagle. What was Ben thinking?!

Temp 50.0°. Wind NE 4.3 mph, Windchill 48.7°. ☺

... tools of the 'trade'.

Thumbnail by WaterCan2

Ben was probably thinking of some nice sage stuffing.

Wow! You have quite a set of tools, WC!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Made it up to 45 today, should be about the same tomorrow too. Spring is slowly creeping into Maine.....it's about time!

- you should see my 8 shelf cabinet, and the 2 boxes of different soil ingredients & the 'like'! ☺

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.