Today's Weather in Your Garden - 16

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Nice set of tools! Why can't mine look so nicely organized? My friend laughs whenever I get tools (not just gardening tools) as a gift from my husband, until I have to admit that I asked for them!

Nice looking magnolia bud, pirl! You'll have to post a pic when it opens.

Currently 44 and supposed to go down to around 38 tonight. The forecast is for a high of 50 tomorrow and cloudy. We'll see if it's nice enough to do some yard work, otherwise it's back to working on the houseplants. Curses to those mealy bugs!

- Lynn

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

It was B E A U T I F U L yesterday!!! The high got up to the 60"s! I was able to work outside and It was fun and tiring!! The snow is almost gone even on the north side of the house. We have more warm days this week so maybe we'll get rid of all of the snow! YEA!!!!!!! Eleanor

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Late afternoon sun yesterday was very much appreciated even if it wasn't here for long. Overcast and dismal again for today. Windy and a little drizzle with 36 degrees going to mid 40s maybe. Yuck even the week forecast is not looking as wonderful as it did yesterday, I hope they change it back again.

This message was edited Apr 6, 2008 8:12 AM

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Good morning, all!

Here's our stats for right now:
Cloudy
33°
Wind: N at 5mph
Humidity: 85%
Dewpoint: 32°
Pressure: 30.29 in.
Windchill: 32°
Sunrise: 6:18 am
Sunset: 7:18 pm

There's a nasty rumor that it could hit 60° on Thursday. Oh, I hope that the rumor is correct!!

I hope they change it back for you, too, ngam!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

44 and mostly cloudy. Ugly morning.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

43 and cold out. I want the weather we had yesterday afternoon!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Pirl, I agree, blah and 41 degrees, but it feels colder. I will work on plant labels inside and maybe pot up some dahlia's that have sprouted. I can't believe some have made it despite my poor storage. I did them right but then we had a need for the giant cooler at Christmas that I had stored them in and told DH to take them out. I fail, so he says, to tell him to store all the little bags of tubers in vermiculite in the basement. He put them in the GH under the bench. I found them in Feb. Some all fuzzy. But I think I will end up with a bunch. I am going to plant them as you suggested out along the veggie bed and stake them better. I figure if they are out by the tomatoes it will be a no brain-er. I hope. Patti

Jack walked the dog earlier and came in, before I posted, with freezing hands! Brrr!

The fun part of dahlias is that even if one little nub is left, with any luck at all it can turn into a fantastic show.

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Just finished transplanting a small mountain laruel. Too windy to tackle anything else except a nice pot roast later, to help keep the house warm & make it smell real good! - smothered with mushrooms, carrots, celery onions, potatoes, braised in olive oil & simmered in red wine.... I got to go...

Temp 44.9°, wind E 19.1 mph, Windchill 27.4°. ☺

Yummy!! Take a photo of it before cutting.

That sounds so good, WC!

I can smell it from here.

Thomaston, CT

WC--thanks for the recipe---heat needed here today--it's miserable! I want to start cleaning out by the road, but I have to coincide it with the opening of the brush dump--it's only opened 3 days a week--I guess I'll have to wait until Wed. Not very ambitious today, anyway.

How about the exact recipe, WC?!

It is bad: cold raw and damp. The GH still is not hoed out!!! Crap I only have 9 days max to get er done. This was supposed to be done 2 weeks ago...... THE WEATHER has not cooperated. I am not going out in that cold..............Period.............

It is full of the second GH stuff that I bought. A watering system, pots and more pots. I have thousands and thousands of TAGS that I bought at an auction real cheap, that I probably will never use. DH say's we are going to toss them in the trash. Anyone need pots or lables I think I am going to be game. Anyone want a GH? The last one that I bought I belive is 30' by 130'. I only planned on using 1/2 of it as 130 feet is not going to fit in my yard!!! I would make a deal, even deliver! Give me a D-mail. I am writing a book - a sad story.

That's a real shame. I'm sorry it happened.

Hubby would kill me if I took you up on that greenhouse. It's awfully tempting, though. Problem is, I'm trying to reduce the things we've accumulated over the last 25 years.

Sherrie ~
Certainly you are NOT SERIOUS!!!

Yes I am serious.

I sent you a D-Mail

Crap! It's spitting snow right now.

Keene, NH(Zone 5a)

reeeaaaly chilly out there- got too cold and went to the hardware store 20%off sale and got gloves, tarps and rodent repeller....boy am i waiting for later this week!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Way too miserable out there today. Tried to start marking shrub border. Steady cold drizzle and the wind goes right through ya. Yuck.
Must be turkey time, this guy was doing his thing out back today.

Thumbnail by ngam

Later will be better for me, too, Sarah. Right now, it's snowing! Not much, but it's still snowflakes!

awesome photo, ngam!
I miss seeing those guys. We used to have them come into our yard all the time at the last house we lived in.

Candyce Dmail

South Hamilton, MA

Damp and RAW!!!!!

Got it, Sherrie
Thanks

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

39 degree's and yucky all around. DH went out to prune a few more roses, but he quit very quickly. Raw.

ngam, Nice turkey picture. Funny as DH went to the market this afternoon and bought a turkey and came home and stuffed it and the smell is driving me wild. I

I have been doing some house work on the computer and ordering bulbs for next fall from Brent and Becky. I am an addict. Patti

Are they cheaper when ordered now? Good to see you admit your addiction! 43 and nasty here.

Wow I NEED that kind of computer! Where did you get it!

Quoting:
I have been doing some house work on the computer

Just type in: Dust, vacuum, laundry, windows and then backspace.

HOW TO START EACH DAY WITH A POSITIVE OUTLOOK

1. Open a new file in your computer.

2. Name it "House Work".

3. Send it to the Recycle Bin.

4. Empty the Recycle Bin.

5. Your PC will ask you:

"Do you really want to get rid of "House Work?"

6. Firmly Click "Yes."

7. Feel better?

GOOD - Tomorrow we'll do Laundry.

Then how about Washing Windows or maybe Take Out Trash?

Ha, ha, ha!!! My kind of housework!

Nice turkey pic ngam, I see you have no trouble finding a turkey for the holidays! ☺

Things haven't changed much weatherwise.

Temp 42.4°, wind NE 14.1 mph, Wchill 32.7°

Victor the recipe is 'The Joy Of Cooking' recipe for Italian pot roast (Stracotto). Now I really have to do some gardening to burn off the calories! ☺

Thumbnail by WaterCan2

Thanks, WC - looks great! As a bonsai enthusiast, can you make a real small pot roast??

No, but I can pay a lot of attention to the details! ☺

And have lots of patience!^_^

I love meat but that gravy looks so good. Is that a Creuset pot? If so, I have the exact same one. They're so great for slow cooking and such easy cleaning, too.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the comps on the turkey pic. I took it through a window with a long lens. The poor Tom was strutting his stuff for about 15 minutes and the two hens didn't even give him a look, they were too busy scoffing up seeds from under the bird feeder. Your pot roast looks really yummy WC2 and that is the only way to do housework.
I hope the sun returns tomorrow and it is a little warmer, at least closer to what it should be this time of year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.