Spring Blooms!

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Such a pretty display, Victor.
Thanks for showing us what we can look forward to seeing in our own gardens ~ really soon, I hope!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Spring has sprung!

Thumbnail by pirl

Even the tiny daffodils are blooming.

Thumbnail by pirl

And the moss is waking up, too.

Thumbnail by pirl
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Lovely! I am so enjoying this.....keep em coming!!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Nice, Pirl! You beat me with the daffs.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Great shots Pirl. The moss is very cool. You have daffs already, nice. I hope I will have a pic or two to post this week too.

So beautiful, pirl.
I'm loving all of these fantastic photos. Keep them coming!!

Last one for tonight. I'm beat from a mere three hours outside. Call me wimpy!

Thumbnail by pirl

Nice. Don't worry - it's still spring training.

I got my houseslippers all wet, trying to get to the bare patches in the gardens!

Nitey nite, pirl.
I gotta turn out the lights soon, too.

Freaky looking thing on top of the pitcher plant I received the other day. Looks like an animal.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Speaking of Spring training, I just joined the gym at my DH's school, gone twice so far (after 4 years of not going) and I feel great today.

Great!! Stay with it. One of the things I really love.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I had forgotten how much I enjoy the gym.

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

pirl....beautiful c. vernus! A few of mine are just starting to emerge. Never grown them before so thanks for the preview.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

very nice pics Arlene and Victor. No daffs/narcissus yet, but the crocus are doing a bang up job.

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2

Great reverse color on that one, Anita.

They bring such joy in spring that they're worth paying more attention to when the bulb catalogs come out for fall ordering. With the way companies almost force the seasons I guess the first ones will be out by May.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Oh those are really pretty. Do you know the name? I just love when things start growing and blooming again. Even after all these years it still amazes me that the brown dead sticks can come back to life with such energy and brilliance.

Pirl you are not alone on needing to take it slow at first. Then by the end of the season I feel like I could lift a truck, but just raking a few oak leaves seem like a lot of work right now. LOL

Oh yes! It's amazing how little we seem to be able to do in the early Spring without getting all those aches and pains. And then to compare our fitness to the end of the season, well, there's just no comparison.

I even got my slippers wet yesterday in my eagerness to just 'do something'!!

While I try to work outside, even an hour at a time, every nice day in winter, it's no match for putting in a lot of time (like Anita has done, repeatedly) and lifting heavy or bulky (or both) bags. The picking up acorns and sticks is a killer!

Mid-Cape, MA(Zone 7a)

Quoting:
The picking up acorns and sticks is a killer!

Arlene, you are SO right; I did some of this for an hour yesterday and ended up hobbling inside for some Aleve! But Candyce gives me hope for more muscles soon!

I prefer sitting on the ground to clean up. It takes longer but I don't get the back aches.

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Yeah, but at this time of year, you get a cold butt!

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Here's my yellow crokes. A welcome sight among the barren mulch. (To the left of them is Sunrose 'Henfield Brilliant'.)

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

And here's my little snowdrops!

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue

I sit on a kneeling pad - a nice thick one.

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

So, does that mean when you have to kneel you use a sitting pad?

Ha! Two pads, no waiting.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

you guys are so right! Yesterday I finally got some cleaning done!!!! the veggie garden is 1/2 way clean... I blew some leaves and to my surprise some scallions are all green... I could swear they were going to die! they are indistructable... gosh! they were just under leaves! and the mint had tons of green shots... thyme is all purple... and smells wonderful... even some dead rosemary smells wonderful!!!!
I still have a patch of ice... so funny... by the time I finished it was dark and made me feel like last fall... tired and sad I could not do any more... :( I had to cut my nails very short since I could not wait to touch the soil... a bit cold but nice and black... a thing of beauty!

See that! I'm not the only one with scallions.

The fun part of spring clean up is looking out the next day and seeing what's been done while trying hard not to see all that remains but the sweet smell of herbs and chives are so nice now.

I always sit when I have a lot to do. Bending kills my back and kneeling my knee.

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Good afternoon all...........................

Mark

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Hey, Victor, you could try this idea that I saw on MythBusters. They used a large piece of wood suspended from a fork lift to hold a person over a piece of material that needed to be taped without standing on it. Just lay down with tool in hand, and you're all set!
(Pardon my art work.)

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

oh well, Aleve season is just begining!!! LOL!!!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

I must admit I was surprised to see all the activity going on under all those oak leaves. And finally some real honest to goodness flower color! I hope the rest of the week isn't as crummy as they are saying it is going to be but oddly enough the top of the soil is quite dry after all the wind lately so a shower or two might really get things going, just as long as it is mostly rain and not that other stuff. Here is my garden art for today. :)

Thumbnail by ngam
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Nice ngam! I really like the leaves surrounding it....it looks like Spring is yawning.

I love that one, too. Consider it for the next photo contest since it seems to scream about what spring is to all of us lucky people who can grow crocuses.

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

ngam...nice color! My deep purples are showing color but haven't unfurled yet. Cold last night wiped out one of five bunches of yellow species crocus but they had been up since March 4th so they had a nice run.

Just up this morning, c. tommasinianus roseus:

Thumbnail by David_Paul

Such wonderful colors in that one, DP. They're always like miracles to me but, then, so is most of gardening.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.