March Daily Weather..... 3 weeks to Spring

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

BP, what is my son doing at your house? LOL here he is a few months ago...

Thumbnail by TamaraFaye
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sharon, glad your storms aren't going to be dangerous. We have palnes go over every day, but I don't know if I could listen to them land all day long.

Snap a picture every time you drive by :))

TameraFaye, that is so cute!! It's so funny when they come walking towards the camera, usually jabbering all the way!!

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

We had a very "April" day in March today. High was 72F. Low tonight ..only going down to 50.
But..they're saying after some rain blows through late tomorrow, we're in for a freeze. Typical. LOL.

Bradford Pear is blooming.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Lovely shots!

Kelli I love the non-tourista looks you are putting up.
Exquisitely beautiful and I, like your DH, am imagining all the people for over 2000 years who have had that view.......almost surreal.
It's hard to wrap your brain around just how much pain and brutality went on in that structure.
It looks so calm....

Well we had the 50 degree stuff today.
W/ a guy from Ontario and another guy from WI here acting like it was Summer.....lol!

Not good news for tomorrow though.
Rain starting tonight. Temp currently 39° ...
Depending on how fast it drops it will either be rain of freezing rain for the drive in.
Then 2-4" of snow during the day as the temps continue to drop....
Then HEAVY snow moving in....
a possibility of 6-12" of total accumulation by Saturday night.... YIKES!

There is this little warning though..... from 'THEM'

the exact path and strength of the system is still in question.
if the system moves farther west...more warm air will lift into the
region...causing lower snowfall totals and more mixed
precipitation. if the system moves farther east...the heaviest
snowfall totals will shift south and east of the region.

huh?

LOL!
Ric

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Nice temps but all day we there was a chill to go with. Couldn't warm up.

Kansas City, Missouri
Currently: 36°F Partly Cloudy
Currently: 2°C Partly Cloudy
Wind: Southeast at 7 MPH
Humidity: 44%
Dewpoint: 16°F
Barometer: 30.16 inches
Wind Chill: 30°F
Wind: Southeast at 11 KPH
Humidity: 44%
Dewpoint: -8°C
Barometer: 1021 millibars
Wind Chill: -1° C
Sunrise: 6:41 am
Sunset: 6:18 pm

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kelli: your pictures of the ruins of "old" Rome are really good. I can relate to the flower comment but also to your DH's remark.
George is there a special reason for the flower decorations stretched across that street? They surely are pretty.
Sharon, the car show is really bringing in lots of tourist dollars to your local economy. I'm sure the merchants love it!
BP: Colton is so cute. I don't have any grand"babies" any more. Sigh--my youngest grandchild will be 8 in June. the oldest is 23 next week and 6 feet something tall!
TF: Is that Orion? He's a cutie, too!
Pretty pear blossom, Deb.
Ric, the weather people are just covering all their bases--LOL. Your forecast sounds like ours!

The snow hasn't reached us yet but it should be here within the next couple of hours. My MIL, who lives in Clinton, AR about 65 miles to the northwest of us, telephoned early this afternoon and said it was snowing heavily there. It will be interesting to see what we awake to in the morning.

I may have posted this photo before but it is one of my favorite roses and I am so longing to see my roses blooming again that I have to post it again.
edited to add: this is a bloom from Climbing Don Juan

This message was edited Mar 6, 2008 9:24 PM

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

I'm hopelessly behind again, but thanks everyone who commented on Selma Rún. Yes, I'm very proud of her, but I sure could have done without the nervousness, I think I felt worse than she did! lol ;-) I guess it's one of the downsides of being a mom - we don't want our babies feeling bad! lol

Wonderful photos everyone!

EB - gorgeous winter scenes - I especially love the one with the house and the sunlit trees in the background - stunning!

Kelli - fantastic photos from Rome. I hope I'll get a chance to see it in person one day - definately on that long "to-do" list ;-) I really enjoyed all the photos thanks so much for sharing them - and yes I can relate to the flower comment ;-) lol Although those old building are pretty amazing! :-)

Adina - congratulations!!! :-)

Sally - great photos of the cardinal. Sure hope you're prayers will be answered :-)

Tamara - very pretty hens and quite a handsome rooster :-) Can't wait to see the chicks! And I'd love to see some photos of your surroundings even if they are a mess - what isn't this time of year ;-) Cute photo of your little guy :-)

marsue - you got snow! Did you get any more snowfall? Gorgeous rose :-)

Deb - wonderful tulips and the pear blossoms are gorgeous ...... now I'm getting a bit jealous (a quick mental note - it'll soon get miserably hot where you are ...... OK, I'm over it ;-) lol)

Yuri - great photos from St. Pete! :-)

We've gotten quite a mixed bag weatherwise this week, snow, frost and wonderful calm sunny day on Monday, heavy rain and wind on Tuesday, calm, mostly overcast with a few rain drizzles on Wednesday and Snow/rain turning to slush with a rather stiff breeze yesterday. Everything was covered in snow this morning. Now it's fairly calm and 37°F. It's raining at the moment or is it sleet? I'm not sure - it's slush when it hits the ground anyway ;-) I think spring is starting to creep in - I heard a blackbird (Thrush - the same kind pictured in Adinas photo earlier) singing this morning before sunrise :-) Sunrise was at 8:12 am and now we have sunset after 7 pm, 7:05 to be precise :-)

I took the girls to the botanic garden in Reykjavik on Monday - there's a duck pond there so ofcourse they had to feed the ducks! lol

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Nothing here yet but 'They've' tightened the Forecast
Winter Strom Warning

LIGHT SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD THE REGION LATE THIS MORNING. THE SNOW
WILL BECOME HEAVIER THIS AFTERNOON...AND LAST THROUGH SATURDAY
AFTERNOON. FOUR TO SIX INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED TONIGHT...WITH AN
ADDITIONAL FIVE TO SEVEN INCHES FALLING SATURDAY MORNING. SNOW WILL
TAPER OFF AND END SATURDAY AFTERNOON. IN ADDITION...NORTH WINDS AT
20 TO 30 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS WILL CAUSE SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND
DRIFTING...AND LIMIT VISIBILITIES TO NEAR ZERO AT TIMES. BY LATE
SATURDAY AFTERNOON...TEN INCHES TO A FOOT OF SNOW IS EXPECTED WITH
DRIFTS OVER TWO FEET.

Looks like I may be coming home early today.............................

Ric

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Sally – I love Colton’s name! I try to block out the sounds of the planes. It will be bad Sunday night around 10pm. As we try to sleep – the visitors are trying to leave! Makes for a long night! LOL!
TF – Your little one does resemble Colton!
Deb – I remember seeing the Bradford Pear trees when DH and I were driving through 1.5 years ago. They are so beautiful in bloom. I’m with you on the freeze – we’ve got a late one coming thru Sat night – I’ll be bringing in some seeds I planted last weekend. :O This is very unusual for us this time of year.
Ric – Be careful if that freezing rain hits while you are driving. BTW - I second the “huh”?!! LOL!
Marsue – Keep those climbing Don Juan’s coming! You’ve made me think I can try roses again. What kind do you recommend for a newbie? Hopefully I won’t commit rose murder:( Lots of tourist’s dollars are great for the economy. A friend of mine has a store in the perfect location! She’s usually closed on Sunday, but will be open all weekend. I’m on-call for volunteering. That’s ok, she always makes it up to me by giving me a huge discount! I love retail (the marketing end), but don’t like the hours LOL! Here’s a link to her store http://www.divinefindsofamelia.com/

64.4 °F / 18.0 °C
Light Rain
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 63 °F / 17 °C
Wind: 3.0 mph / 4 km/hfrom the SSE
Wind Gust: 8.3 mph / 13 km/h
Pressure: 29.85 in / 1010.7 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 1500 ft / 457 m
Scattered Clouds 6000 ft / 1828 m
Overcast 10000 ft / 3048 m
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 20 ft / 6 m

Today
Showers and chance of thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may be severe. Locally heavy rainfall possible. High 72. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Chance of rain near 100 percent. WOW~~ :)

Now
Through 630 am...scattered showers and a few thunderstorms will possible mainly from Flagler Beach to St Augustine and offshore from Mayport to 60 nm. Gusty winds to 30 to 35 mph are possible in showers and thunderstorms.

These succulent flowers have been in the process of blooming for months. Looks like it's getting close to actually happening!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Ric - We crossed - Nothing wrong with getting off work early on a Friday! Stay safe in the weather.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Widely scattered intermittent light, 44°(F), calm.

I have to go take pictures of a wrecked car today - At "Jim Dandy's Towing" just off "Possum Hollow Road".

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Cold. Too cold. Dyson Dark still though not for long.

Dyson - I hope no one was hurt. Love the name of the road!
Pepper- Stay warm

It's DysonDim and raining.

Now
Through 830 am...numerous showers and a few thunderstorms are expected over the area. The strongest activity will be located from Jacksonville to Brunswick. A few other strong storms will be located in the coastal waters moving northeast at 40 mph. Gusty winds up to 40 mph and heavy rainfall can be expected.

Tornado Watch 104 remains in effect until 1200 PM EST for the
following locations

FL
. Florida counties included are

Alachua Baker Bradford
Citrus Clay Columbia
Dixie Duval Flagler
Gilchrist Hamilton Jefferson
Lafayette Lake Leon
Levy Madison Marion
Nassau Putnam St. Johns
Sumter Suwannee Taylor
Union Volusia Wakulla

Yes, we're in there Nassau County

My newest babies

Thumbnail by MySharona
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning! NOAA is using the "f" word in our forecast!

Quoting:
Today Cloudy. A 20 percent chance of flurries in the morning. Breezy, cooler. Highs in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 20 to 30 mph.

We are unlikely to actually get any snow here in Houston. The counties to the west and north of town probably will get a dusting, though.

Is that portulaca, Sharon? They're beautiful. :-) I'm sure the people running the car show are not happy about your weather forecast. It should be good for business at your friend's shop, though. :-) Her webpage is very pretty.

Orion and Colton are both adorable.

Congratulations, Adina!! :-)

Those of you getting REAL snow (as opposed to our 20% chance of light dandruff), please be very careful!!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53am CST (54 min ago)
Quoting:
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN HOUSTON/GALVESTON HAS ISSUED A
WIND ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS AFTERNOON.

STRONG NORTH TO NORTHWEST WINDS ARE EXPECTED TODAY. SPEEDS SHOULD
INCREASE TO 20 TO 30 MPH WITH SOME HIGHER GUSTS LIKELY.

DRIVERS OF VANS...CAMPERS...TRAILERS...AND OTHER HIGH-PROFILE
VEHICLES SHOULD BE ALERT TO THE DANGER OF THESE WINDS...
ESPECIALLY WHEN DRIVING ALONG EAST TO WEST ORIENTED ROADS.

It's gonna be a good day to stay away from the highways!

Temperature 38 °F 3 °C
Dew Point 30 °F -1 °C
Humidity 76%
Pressure 30.03 in 1016.8 mb
Wind Speed 20 MPH
G 32 17 kts
G 28
Wind Dir NW 320°
Ceiling 1800 ft 549 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Wind Chill 28 °F -2 °C
Current Conditions Cloudy
Peak Wind: 29 kts from 310 (12:22 GMT).
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 39.9°F / 4.4°C

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Adina: congratulations on the coming grandbaby! Grandchildren are great--you can love on them and then send them home! LOL
Rann: the girls looks as if they are having a great time feeding the ducks.
Sharon: love the succulent and the orange flowers. Your friend's shop is wonderful--one could spend hours in there! I haven't grown roses in years because I thought they were/are too fussy. We just planted the roses we now have last spring. They all did wonderfully well. I've also discovered through the rose forum here on DG that horticultural corn meal works wonders in getting rid of black spot, which is the main reason I didn't want to grow roses. Give it another try.

Quoting:
I have to go take pictures of a wrecked car today - At "Jim Dandy's Towing" just off "Possum Hollow Road".

Dyson: That sounds like a place in Arkansas! LOL For instance, there is a "Skunk Hollow" Road in Conway and we have a town called "Bee Branch". Of course, we also have "Hope", "Rose Bud" and "Romance" and I could go on and on.
Ric: your weather people sound like ours. We awoke to zero snow this morning although portions of western and northern Arkansas did get the expected 6-8 inches. However, "they" keep saying we could get from 2-4 inches by late afternoon. I made a big pot of soup in the event we do get "snowed in". LOL

I took this picture through the window this morning. It is a bit fuzzy due to the screen. The robins must think it is Spring!

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Sharon, here is a rose collage for you. :o))

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 5a)

Sharon your new babies are pretty - love the color :-)

Ducks in the snow on Monday :-) I thought all those orange feet looked pretty funny in the snow ;-) lol

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

That's a great picture, Rannveig. :-)

(Zone 5a)

marsue - beautiful rose! :-) Interesting town names you have there ;-) lol The girls had a blast, we stayed almost an hour, my toes were aching from the cold by the time we left (didn't wear wool socks ....... )

Thanks marylyn - hope your light dandruff (love that! lol) dusting of snow won't cause any problems ;-)

Thumbnail by rannveig
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Mornin' Al!! Sorry I haven't been here, but school work has taken the front seat (lots o' reading to do). At the moment we have 49° w/ lots of heavy rain in the very near future. I'll have to try & come back later & catch up!
At Dublin...
Sprinkles: 43°F
Feels like: 36°F
Barometer: 29.9 in
Dewpoint: 43°
Humidity: 100%
Visibility: 4 miles
Wind: 11 mph E
Sunrise: 6:44 AM
Sunset: 6:23 PM

The answer to the trivia is...C
Increasing the Oxygen by just 4% would increase the likelihood of lightning-caused fires by over 300%.
Plants would also be free to burn even in more moist conditions. Even rainforests and wetlands could burn.

The trivia for today is...
The 1990s produced some of the warmest winters on record, causing dramatic declines in snowfall except for near the:
a) Great Lakes
b) Southern Rockies
c) Pacific Northwest
d) East Coast

I hope to get back later... Have a Great Day!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

I'll just guess D. Seems like they never get a break on snowfall!

Yes, that is Orion, and I couldn't believe the resmblance when i saw Colton LOL.

I hope to go through more pictures soon, and post some icy ones i took a couple of years ago. The shinyness makes the landscape prettier!

marsue, sound like you live really close to my brohter. i think he lives on Devils Hill or something like that, near Conway. If you do know him, i will have to claim we aren't related LOL.

Marylyn, they keep promising us flurries and all we get is a cold wind. Not sure it will be good for gardening this summer, unless we get the cold wet spring the almanac is promising...

tf

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

TF: I haven't heard of Devil's Hill near Conway but there is a Squirrel Hill in that area. We do have a Devil's Den State Park up in the NW corner of the state.

Joey, I am just guessing "B" for the trivia. Good luck with the school work! Interesting plant--what is it?

Rann: the duck feet certainly do make a good contrast against the snow. I see a lot of mallards in that photo.

Marylyn and TF: all we have had of snow this time around is a few very light flurries. "They" say this system will have passed through here by 2 p.m. so our prospects for snow are becoming slimmer by the hour. Thank goodness! LOL

Current temp is 33º with a slight wind blowing, very light rain/snow mix.

Sharon here is a yellow rose called Sunsprite. It has an absolutely wonderful fragrance that just makes you want to stick your nose right in the center of it and leave it there! LOL

Thumbnail by marsue
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Howdy all,
Well my slow load up days are over. I am now in HS cable. I had started at 8AM last saturday trying to upload a picture and start a new thread. I finally got it finished and posted about 9:15.
Since Ric thought I was on tan maintenance, he started this one so we ran with it.
Now that this one is getting some length on it lets go ahead and move to that March thread that's been sitting on the shelf.
Here's a new thread. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/819021/
Come on over.
;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.