Today's Weather in Your Garden - 14

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Time for a new one. Came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/815086/#new

Down to 28 here and windy with some flurries.

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Temp 33.4°, Windchill 20.9°, Wind WNW 21.9 mph, cloudy, no precip. ☺

It is just cold out there and going down more. They had the storm moving in Friday night, the prediction maybe 2" and now they have us in the 4-8" maybe more!

At this time last year we had a total of 20". This year at 96". They are saying we can beat records going back many years ( I can't remember the date).

Granted we are known for having snow and more snow, but this winter is taking its toll. Not just people that want to get out of the house but business ( cars especially) & homes, as roofs are caving in. Just a bad winter, anyone want to trade houses? You move north and we can move south!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

chilly here today

Currently At 7:34AM
Mostly Cloudy
18°F
RealFeelŪ
8°F
Winds: NNW
at 9mph
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 57%
Dew Point: 5° F
Pressure: 29.97 in
Visibility: 10 Miles

15 and very windy here. Wind chill below zero.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

18 here this morning, snow showers last night and picked up another inch or two. The next one starts in about 36 hours from now!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

A light dusting of the fluffy stuff fell over night. Brisk breeze and partly cloudy. Not going to get out of the twenties today or tomorrow. Some sort of stuff coming in, probably snow then warming up first part of next week. Temp is 20 degrees right now.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

No snow here but my daughter, 7 miles away, got a dusting last night. We've gone up one whole degree in three hours and the winds are strong. Haven't checked for wind chill since I have to go out and don't want to face the mental effect of wind chill.

Thomaston, CT

It is 18, & very windy--no walk today--had a dusting last night--dogs content with staying in today!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

22 here now, sunny and breezy. We had 1" of snow last night. It was very pretty.

Yes, Victor. I use the boots when gardening, but only if I'm going into the ditch. There's a stream there that's usually about 8" deep. People throw tons of trash in it. It's really awful. The boots don't bend well, so my ankle movement is limited. I usually wear ankle high LL Bean rubber thingies with leather tops.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

4 here this morning and now 11. It was a cold morning skiing!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Feeling Guilty, I am in Fl, but it did go down to the 30's last night, but up into a sunny and windy 50's today. I took a long walk in a Nature Reserve and it was lovely. It will be back in the 70's tomorrow on on through the weekend. Back to Boston on Sunday. Sorry you all got more snow. Enough. Patti

Temp 27.5°, Wind chill 16.7°, Wind 18.7 mph, Clear skies. ☺

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Fair and freezing!!! It's -8° and I think the moon froze in the sky!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Andover, Maine has reached 170.9" of snow so far this winter and we are expecting another foot tonight into tomorrow morning.

Edited to say:
Andover is waaayyyyyy up North, my area has reached 103" of snow so far.

This message was edited Feb 29, 2008 6:22 AM

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Sounds cold Celeste. 2 here. I don't remember when we have had so many cold days in years past.

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

NWS Binghamton, NY
Point Forecast: Binghamton NY
42.1N -75.92W
Last Update on Feb 29, 5:53 am EST
Barometer: 30.35" (1031.5 mb)
Dewpoint: -1°F (-18°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi
Last Update: 6:03 am EST Feb 29, 2008
Forecast Valid: 7am EST Feb 29, 2008-6pm EST Mar 6, 2008

National Weather Service: NOAA: Pronounced: Noah
Enter your ZipCode to get your Local Forecast:
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Binghamton&state=NY&site=BGM&textField1=42.1001&textField2=-75.9139

Available En Espaņol - Se

Another Link: http://www.weather.gov/

~* Robin

PS: Today: Periods of snow after 4pm. High near 24. Calm wind becoming south between 10 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Tonight: Periods of snow, mainly before 1am. Low around 23. South wind between 11 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

This message was edited Feb 29, 2008 6:48 AM

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Minus 18 degrees this morning!! I so glad my gardens have a good snow cover! Eleanor

12 and clear here. Hope this is the last of the severe cold. Snow overnight tonight. 2-5 inches.

Minus 6 and clear. Winter storm advisory tonight. 5-10" possibly more.

North Augusta, ON

-20F

cold, cold, cold, cold.

Isn't it funny? The thermostat says it's 70 in here and I can't get warm, if it was 70 in July I'd be walking around in shorts and a t-shirt...

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Bright sunshine with cloudless blue skies. No wind and 9 degrees. Snow tonight and tomorrow am. :(

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

19, WC 9, high of 28 for today. Monday should be gorgeous with a high near 50!

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9b)

82 degrees and sunny! Dwarf peach about to blossom . Violas and pansies full with color. That is what you have to look forward to. We are just a little bit ahead. :)

Ouch!! We're facing 3-6 inches of snow overnight!

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9b)

Burrrr! I was just thinking about all of you and the snow as I was looking at my hardenbergia vine that is absolutely covered with purple blossoms covering the front and back side of our six foot fence. We have had good rains this winter so things are really nice. Just think what a wonderful spring you will have when all that snow melts. I hope to share your spring thru the wonderful pictures you all post!

Can you post a photo of the vine?

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9b)

Wish I could. We just recently started using a digital camera and I am still learning. Not sure how to put one on this site. Still confused about alot of the things this camera does!! Gardening is easier!

Do you have the photos on your computer yet?

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9b)

No. I just went out and took a couple pictures but the sun is behind the vines so I was sort of shooting into the sun. Will try for a better picture tomorrow.

No, I meant any garden photos. I was going to try to help you post them.

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9b)

No just people pictures on the computer. Thanks for the offer of help. In a few days maybe I will have some on the computer. If I can remember how to get them on the computer, I will come back here and have you walk me thru it. Thanks!

No problem.

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

I just checked on the conditions here:

23 degrees and snowing. At least the snow is light and dry. I'm very happy that my college student has arrived safely from Binghamton to visit for the weekend - he managed to beat the snow here. I'm not stupid, I know the only reasons he decided to come home is because of the washing machine and a few home-cooked meals! But it's good to see him and know that he's doing well. [Bragging mother mode kicks in:] He's doing his BS and Masters in chemistry simultaneously and was just invited to join Phi Beta Kappa. So very proud!
OK, now that that's done, I think we're supposed to get 3-5 inches in our area. Good thing I'm in shape from all the previous snow in the last couple of weeks! I hope you're all warm and to those of you further north, I hope you don't receive any more of the white stuff and start to thaw out soon.

26 and snowing here. Congrats Nancy on your son! You must be very proud.

If you are talking to mamasita, thanks! He's a special young man. By the way, my name is Lynn, not Nancy!

Oops - sorry about that, Lynn.Yes, you are mamasita, who is not Spanish! Wonderful news. Where does he go to school?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

getting about 3 inches tonight
Currently at 10:33 PM
29 °F RealFeelŪ:23 °F
Snow
Humidity: 86% Dew Point: 25 °F
Pressure: N/A Visibility: 1 Miles
Winds: ENE at 6 mph

Victor, he's a junior with senior standing and doing his graduate work at Binghamton University. He was an AP scholar with distinction and started his college career with enough credit to effectively be a sophomore. Wish I'd had his drive when I was younger! He's 20.

Thanks! And no problem about the name confusion! The mamasita thing was started by my brother and I needed a username here. The one I really wanted was already taken, so this was my second choice.

Just checked outside and we've got a good inch of (ugh) snow!

Temp 32.3°, Wchill 30.8°, wind SSW 4.1mph.
-moderate snow ☺

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.