Today's Weather in Your Garden - 14

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

We have a few warm days coming this week. I just wish it would hurry up today. Only 36 right now.

Thomaston, CT

It's 39, & quite cloudy--we should see sun by this noon, & warmer temps--also a very rainy midweek--could the snow go? Again? Mamasita--aren't the bluebirds a lift? The dam used to have a row of bluebird houses on one side --they've been gone for a few years, but the bluebirds have stayed. Also a family nests next door to us every year in a very tall mulberry tree. Those people have cats--we don't--who gets the bluebirds?

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Sunny cloudless blue skies now and 28 degrees, should get close to fifty. More melting yeah! Warm but rain tomorrow.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It's 16 degree's and overcast right now but we should reach 35 today!

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

It's 40 according to my outdoor thermometer and mostly cloudy. Thaw, darn it , thaw!

Robin, I love the bluebirds! We have a nesting box in the front yard where I can watch them when they choose us as their hosts. I'm ever vigilant for tree swallows and house wrens who bully the poor bluebirds. I get very upset whenever there is an unsuccessful nesting! One year, the parents abandoned a nest of babies after a blue jay was hanging around. I managed to find a bluebird trail and we attempted to adopt out the nestlings. I believe in my heart that they all survived. If I see wrens or swallows arrive before the bluebirds, I cover the box until they find other nesting sites!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Temp climbing fast to 39 degrees but it has clouded over with a spot of sunshine getting through only here and there.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

44, but now overcast.

45 and overcast here, too. Windy!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Im up to 25!

Break out the shorts!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Not yet....April 25th i'll have some on!

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Hooray! I have snow crocuses open, even before my snowdrops! Also can see that a few daffodils are JUST peeking up through the soil.

Temperature is 52 and the sun is shining brightly. Love, love, love it!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L tulips and daffs are started to peek out!!! Got dirt under the fingernails today pulling a huge dandelion in my one garden!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I forced myself outside today to do my first bit of gardening for the year. I cut off a few little branches from my cherry tree. I did it! There's still a big branch I gotta get with the chainsaw. I'm scared of it. I also have to get a pole pruner. I climbed as high as I could in the tree and still couldn't reach very much. It's hard sawing while holding on for dear life to a branch!

Sunny today and up to 51 deg. The rest of the week is supposed to be in the 40s and rainy.

Thumbnail by Sofonisba
Francestown, NH

Someone in Francestown is giving away Free Snow, anyone interested?
I thought it was so funny, I laughed all the way home...

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Ha! I've got plenty, thanks!

Francestown, NH

I'm 5'3" and the snowbanks are over my head....I hear Maine is twice as bad!! 10 ft snowbanks. 41 degrees here and the sun keeps popping out. I wish it would stay...

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

HomersMom...your not to far off, up North there is indeed snowbanks that high. Here we have a good amount too, this is Auntie's house. She has been in Florida since Nov.1st.....I took this picture to show her what she's NOT missing! The dirty snow in the very front is the snowbank on the side of the road, the rest speaks for it's self.

Thumbnail by pixie62560

54 and sunny now. Didn't get outside - was stuck doing taxes! Such a pain - even when you know you're getting a refund. Harper - are you forcing them indoors??

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

This is her garage.

Thumbnail by pixie62560

Is that cottage at the top of the page new?? It's real nice.

Francestown, NH

Snow up to the windows, here too!!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I hadn't thought of it Victor, but now that you mention it - Yeah!

Victor - I go off to dreamland looking at the cottage on the banner. It's lovely.

Is it new, Pirl? I hadn't noticed it before. It's perfect. Wonder where they got the photo from.

North Augusta, ON

I'm pretty sure it's new today :))

Good - I thought I was losing my powers of observation!

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

i don't want to think about taxes.

I am happy to be getting quite a nice chunk back thanks to my solar panels. I still hate doing it though. Stresses me out. Each year they make it more painful in some way.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

i should be getting back this year. But, i am apparently in trouble from 2003 - like more money than is in my savings account + checking account put together kind of trouble.
sigh.
it's not like i made much money.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I noticed the cottage too, it's beautiful. Wonder how long it's been there?

Ouch. Then you won't get back this year, will you??

There is a thread on DG about the photo. I asked about the photo. Seems everyone is just seeing it today.

Just spotted my first (yellow) crocus flower. It's closed for the day but there! I'll photograph it when I can. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy. Spring is close!!!

I went out three times but it was always too windy for me. The good news is that they worked on finishing up the siding around the new window - hurray. Tomorrow they'll work on the inside so I'm forced to either shop or try and separate dahlias. Such decisions.

Wow - what a saga, Pirl!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

We had thunderstorms that changed over to about an inch of snow last night. Some flooding around I heard.

This ditch normally is pretty dry.

Thumbnail by bigcityal

Nice ditch.

Big ditch.

North Augusta, ON

I thought it was a really straight creek!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.