Today's Weather in Your Garden - 13

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Time for a new thread. Coming from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/811458/

My first bloom! A snowdrop from minutes ago.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Beautiful! Congrats!!

Thank you, Celeste. Encouraging to know that it's just a matter of weeks!

Thomaston, CT

Love the snowdrop---I never planted any--but I do have a clump of daffs against the south side of garage coming up--yea!

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Temp 52.8° Wind 12mph SW

Got 60 of those little drops scattered around but not a peep out of them yet. Neighbor has a 30ft tree split in half from last nights winds though.

- Thx for the new thread, that last one was an "epic"! lol ☺

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

No Snowdrops open yet here, but they're through the ground. Temp is currently 58 but working its way down. It's supposed to be in the 30s tomorrow! We had torrential rain a little while ago which is running off and causing flooding.

We had a real downpour here about 1/2 hr ago and now the sun is out but it is windy and has cooled off a bit. 53 degrees.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Very, very foggy here. My driveway is still ice and ruts but the ruts are full of water. Ice is melting but very slowly. It will be all ice tonite. Thank goodness for my cleats! The roads are mostly wet though. I cancelled a client today after my DBF slipped and fell on his chin with regular boots. School is closed for vacation this week in MA. No flowers in sight except my amaryllis and orchids.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

poured here for a while a few hours ago... but before that I was able to bring all my roasting pans out to the BBQ and sanitized my seed starting mix... what a great we had... for a while the sun was beating on me... just in a sweatshirt and I started sweating... imagine that

was a nice gift on my day off

North Augusta, ON

(sigh)

40F, cloudy and drizzly here. Saw the sun for maybe 20 minutes. Supposed to get down to 20F overnight. The snow in the yard is still over the top of my boots.

Everybody's looking to get out of the rain today... ☺

Thumbnail by WaterCan2

Walking outside was like walking on a sponge.

End of my foggy pouring day was 15 minutes of sun.

Thumbnail by boojum
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

No sun , pea-soup fog all day.

(Zone 4a)

Victor what a pretty little flower!

Watercan that photo is just amazing!

Boo nice sky shot.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Water.....Great shot, he's beautiful!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Tremendous pics you guys. How ever did you get so near the cardinal to get such a great shot. And that sky just glows. We had 15 minutes of sun earlier this afternoon then grey, at least we avoided all the fog.

Thanks Dawn & Pixie! ☺

Boojum nice golden sky!!

Temp 47.8° wchill 37.8° and dropping, wind ENE 12mph

Down to 41 here now. Nice shot, booj - looks heavenly!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

very nice - Watercan, I think the cardinal was looking over his shoulder.....

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Nice shots Boo & Watercan!

Thanks, onewish. It was a biblical day weather-wise!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

It was 65 degs. out today. Felt like summertime. I went to take the dog on a long walk and got stuck in a complete downpour. Even the dog didn't like it. I came home and stayed inside the rest of the day.

Is there a way I can find out how much snow we got this winter? I can't find anything but averages on Weather.com.

Harper

Rain yesterday and rain snow again today. Mondays have been hit a lot this year.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

34 and very sunny this morning with very little wind. Going up to 45 so I may get outside to see what's coming up, if anything.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

After more rain last night the sun is out, wind is calm and it is 33 degrees.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

We got over an inch of rain yesterday but still have alot of snow on the ground. It is 30 degree's here this morning!! Been a long time where it's that warm and the sun is shinning! OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Tons of rain yesterday, grass is green. Already 40. sunny and clear today. I have been fighting a touch of something. Most likely sick of doing Taxes. 99% done. I had to re-enter the whole year, because I needed to change programs that would be supported by my new computer. Hate that, but now done. I switched from Quick Books, to Quicken. So now DH and I use the same program. Hate changes except in my garden. House guest is out hauling brush to a new burn pile. Life is good. Patti

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

More snow last night and cold here now, 0

Sunrise this morning out in the country

Thumbnail by bigcityal

Patti, will you be in VT this week? Amherst Orchid Society Show this weekend, but I suspect you are packing...

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Boojum, No I am all packed for my FL trip and a second bag for the following week in Maine already. So depending on my GD and her dad's plans (they may be heading back to NYC on Fri) I may be able to play on Sat. I will be in touch. Love to go drool with you. Patti

Celeste is it heading your way? It just started.

oops

Thumbnail by
Thomaston, CT

Al, thanks so much for that pic----helped me get over our icy drive, & icy road where the recycling guy so nicely left a broken, jagged glass jar. Glad I found it before I drove over it!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I hope it's not coming here! It's still sunny here and warm..for Maine!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful pic Al, the warm glow of the sunrise disguises the cold reality. Still sunny and bright here, but the wind has returned so makes the 39 degrees seem a lot colder. Noticed a lot of little wrens out and about in the sunshine, they were making lovely spring sounds.

Very nice, Al. Were you plowing again?!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Beautiful sunrise photo Al!

Lots of birds out today. Sunny, beautiful. 38 deg. Winds 12 mph

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

schickenlady...that was not nice to send snow squalls my way! I was enjoying the sun, next thing I know it's kinda gray and white stuff starts falling out of the sky in a spiral motion!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Thank you.

Yes more plowing Victor.

I had to laugh when my wife said that we are under a icicle advisory because of all the snow and the warmer sun this time of year. We have some 5 footers here.

Thumbnail by bigcityal

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.