We had the rare double eclipse here.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

thanks Victor!

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

I think I like this one best.

Thumbnail by boojum
Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

But this is cool with the tall willow branches.

Thumbnail by boojum
Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Temp 26.6°, wchill 21.6

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Nice and very nice Boojum and WC!

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Awesome shots everyone. I needed a tripod - my first shot came out really weird cause of camera movement. I wish I hadn't deleted it so I could post it. It "squiggled" all over and had a long tail on it!! Eleanor

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

great shots everyone thanks... pretty good without a tripod Victor... I could never do that

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Great photos, everyone. Al, your shot was quite special. I'm old enough that all night clothes are rated G.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Love all the moon shots! The pinky ones are really neat. The moon was out here until around 8:30 then disappeared behind the clouds.
Sun is out now with chilly 18 degrees, usual breeze. We have now been upgraded to 4-8 inches of snow for tomorrow. This is going entirely in the wrong direction. :(

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Doesn't it always when the snow is concerned??

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Currently around 20 degrees here and sunny. Forecast has been saying SNOW tomorrow possibly mixing with sleet. Friday night they're saying there could be significant accumulation. Why couldn't this track through the southern states as the rain they so desperately need and want? Lucky us.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Fair 12°
Feels Like: -2°
Barometer: 30.21 in and steady
Humidity: 37%
Visibility: 10 mi
Dewpoint: -6°
Wind: WNW 14 mph
Sunrise: 6:30 am
Sunset: 5:15 pm
High: 25° Low: 10°

Sleet & freezing rain are headed to Mississippi and Tennessee Valley, they are going to get the wet weather but I'd guess they would prefer rain!

24, very sunny, light breezes. Tomorrow the snow will get NYC, then north and west per the radio. I'd say we luck out again but I really do want to build a snowman with my grandson!

Thomaston, CT

Norwalk should get only an inch or 2, Mamasita, the big amounts, as always, will be here in Lichfield County! We are supposed to get 6 or 7 in. But maybe the high winds today will drive it away--haha! Cold, windy, & sunny here ---loved all the eclipse pics! Heading up to Goshen to babysit for the 2 little granddaughters. It will be like an icebox up there--their house, too! We never go without extra sweaters, or fleece jackets, & I make sure the dog sits with me to warm me up!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

21 and breezy here. 6 or so inches for tomorrow. Yuck!

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

My friend and I are keeping close tabs on what will happen tomorrow. If we can beat the storm to Norwalk, the weekend may still be a go. I just don't want to be mixing it up with the crazies on slick roads.

By the way, I also enjoyed the eclipse pics! Thank you everyone who posted theirs.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

House guest staying over until the storm passes. We may get a couple of inches, so Pirl, you may get to build your snowman.

Loved getting to see the eclipse. Thanks all for the postings. I was afraid that we would have clouds, but it was fine here with just an occasional cloud that made it more dramatic. Forgot to take a picture. Patti

We had haze that prevented a real crisp view.

Pregnant eclipse? It's what I get for being out in silk pajamas and freezing.

Thumbnail by pirl
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

We had two neat events here yesterday.....the double sonic boom when the space shuttle landed yesterday morning about 250 miles from here., and then the gorgeous eclipse last night. I have never seen the moon turn red like that before during an eclipse. It's so neat to know that we are all looking at the moon and seeing the same thing from so far apart.

I have been off-line for a few days because I have been pretty sick. Our friends arrived and I promptly went to bed for a couple of days....bummer. We had to cancel a daytrip to meet our friends from Connecticut at Bok Tower on Tuesday....very disappointing. I'm still trying to take it slow, but it felt good to get back to my walking and to work out in the gardens this morning.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Louise, I'm sorry to hear you've been ill. I'm glad that you're on the upswing. Take good care of yourself.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Harper! I think I'm turning the corner, but you know you're really sick when you don't even feel like catching up on DG!! I sure do have a lot of threads to work through!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Louise, sorry you've been under the weather, hope you feel better soon!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

No pressure Louise! We've just been babbling like usual.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Celeste! No pressure, Harper........just curiosity....hope it doesn't kill this cat!! LOL

Feel better, Louise! Hope it's not the flu. See the home remedies thread!

Temp 29°, Wind W 1mph ☺

Hope you're feeling better, Louise.

That's the same pic I would have taken If I were in Silk PJs & freezing pirl! ☺

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Feel better Louise!

24 here. Getting ready for the storm tomorrow.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

It was beautiful here today, sunny, upper 20's. Went skiing this morning.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

I am glad to hear you are doing a bit better Louise. So many people around here have the flu right now. I guess even down there you can't get away from it. Feel better soon.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Well this is getting really lousy now, the latest snow prediction is 6-10 inches of the white stuff. Apparently the storm track has been moved inland just enough to dump even more flakes over all of us . Yuck!

Ugh!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.