Today's Weather in Your Garden - 13

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

That WAS with a self timer! Otherwise, I'd get the shot, but I wouldn't be in it. I think it was on a tripod, too. The dog was in my lap, making me move all over. I have other photos where you can actually see my face, but I would have to flip them before posting, and I didn't feel like it. Like my boots??

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Cool - do you garden in them??

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Victor:

Quoting:
I keep precise GPS coordinates for each plant.

You do, I hope, use a robust encrypting algorithm to prevent miscreants from finding out where that special Oxydendrum or Heptacodium is, don't you?

What's the deal with our weather this year? I see a high of 28° and a low of 10°forecast for Thursday, Feb 28th.

Even out to March 7th we've got a forecast of 46°/29°

brrrrr....

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I haven't gone outside yet but I'd say we have close to 6 inches of snow this morning.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Well Harper, I see you are well prepared for mud season. Love the boots!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

30° Cloudy/Snowing
Feels Like: 23°
Barometer: 29.18 in and rising
Humidity: 100%
Visibility: 1.75 mi
Dewpoint: 30°
Wind: NNW 7 mph
Sunrise: 6:20 am
Sunset: 5:23 pm
30°High: 32° Low: 15°

We got about 9" i'd guess and it's snowman snow!! Very Sticky!!

Thumbnail by pixie62560

David - that goes without saying! Yes, this year is like last - second half is worse than the first.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Thin fog from melting snow. Overcast again, rain seems to have stopped, calm wind and 34 degrees.

Pixie looks like all of you up north got all the snow this time. I hope it melts away soon for you. We still have a thin layer on the ground from the previous mess totally water logged that will become a solid coating of ice if it freezes up again.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

We've got a nice coating of ice on top of the snow now, I just hope the one on Friday is a minor storm!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

it's not too bad here today

Wednesday, Feb 27
High: 36 °F RealFeel®: 29 °F
Mostly cloudy and windy with a couple of flurries

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Very white here today. We snowblew and shoveled last night (snowballs) and this AM. Where do you find out how much snow fell? At least 6" here. I don't hafta go in today and they have a 2 hour delay at local schools. High 34/low 11. I have an orchid coming today in the mail.

DH guessing 7" That hawk is scaring the birds away. Here is the proof :-(

Thumbnail by
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Oh ya, see that at least once every week or two. Usually a mourning dove. They are not too smart, all the other birds fly for cover towards the woods and the mourning doves fly into the open. Just feathers and fluff left.

Getting windier and colder here.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

We've dropped three degrees and it's windier here, too.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

We have a total 12 inches between yesteday and this morning.

March is only days away!

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

It's right around freezing here in the mid-Hudson and a very fine snow has been falling most of the morning. It looks like someone dusted powdered sugar around the edge of the deck.

It's not here yet but it really does feel and look like it could happen shortly.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Only a few flurries here - supposed to get quite cold tonight/tomorrow though... Much of Friday's snow has melted.

Wow - not here. Most of it is still here. There is a giant pile that the town pushed onto the front of my garden. Should be gone in April.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

o, the plow piles are eternal. But i'd say 70% of the regular snow is gone.

Most of that is still here as well.

The only snow I can spot is the little piles at the curb sides of a few driveways. Other than that it's gone...history...until next time.

Thomaston, CT

I'm moving south! New Haven & Clinton are not that far, but in terms of snow cover, we are still covered--little bit of green by the crabapple. Saw blue jay feathers scattered all along the roadside as I walked back from the dam--not only do the doves get caught. The wind was blowing a gale across the dam--my face is still frozen!

New thread....

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/818294/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.