Tropical Garden #3

South Venice, FL(Zone 9b)

That's already starting to look wonderful!

Vieques, PR

A Pandanus baptistii along the side --already have two "hijos" from this one

Thumbnail by JPlunket
Vieques, PR

Some orchids, mostly brought down from the cold north, the climber a native to the yard.

Thumbnail by JPlunket
Vieques, PR

Schandapsis variegata vine, at a post supporting a lattice frame

Thumbnail by JPlunket
Vieques, PR

Side yard, on the North side, showing my lattice frame on which passions and several other vines are growing, with a couple different heliconia (lisette flowering on the left) to hide the uglies (gas tank and A/C units, the cattelya roja hibiscus, some aloe vera on the far left, behind the wall.

Thumbnail by JPlunket
Vieques, PR

Outdoor shower in flower...

Thumbnail by JPlunket
Vieques, PR

Heliconia Guyana (?)

Thumbnail by JPlunket
Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

jplunket wow i love that pandanus.and the pergola
we love pr. my mother in law just built a house near san german. out in 'el campo'

Thumbnail by candela
Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

outdoor shower that is great to have after working in the garden in all that humidity

Thumbnail by candela

JPlunket, thanks for the wonderful pictures! Your place is beautiful!

Candela, what is the plant you posted at 5:56? The maroon backed leaves are fabulous!
Cathy

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Love all of the pictures! They are gorgeous!

Red Oak, TX

J Plunkett, thank you for sharing your pictures. I enjoyed everything about them, especially the outdoor shower. I was going to plant bananas around mine, but the yellow bells are much more attractive.

Thumbnail by prita
Red Oak, TX

candela, Is that a breadfruit tree in the first picture? What is that plant with the maroon backed leaves?
I am so enjoying all the pictures . My kind of party thank you.
THIS IS NOT MINE. I thought that you might enjoy it.

Thumbnail by prita
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

JPlunket - thanks for the tour! Ahh, the tropics. Sigh.

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

i wish i had enough room for that pond.

Thumbnail by candela
Vieques, PR

candela, what's the red-leafed plant with green veins?

Dallas, TX

This is a pond that Placenciarita gave me last summer. Not finished in this photo. Jerry

Thumbnail by texasbigleaves
Red Oak, TX

Here is a picture of a philo. verrucosum x andreanum hybrid. I hope that it is the same as the one in candela picture.

Thumbnail by prita
Red Oak, TX

Welcome back texasbigleaves.
blue ginger (thanks)

Thumbnail by prita
Red Oak, TX

candela, I am always looking in the background of your pictures. In your brugmansia shot, the croton in the back steals the show. It is so big and colorful. The leaves on your begonias are impressive.
Here is a photo of my only good Begonia. I can't bear to show the others as they are in bad shape.

Thumbnail by prita
Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

i got that philo from giancarlo another dg'er here in miami. i think it is called philo. cruentum.
yours looks like velvet.beautiful. and the blue ginger is on my must have for this year.
texasbigears how big is the liner? show us the after.

this is my carambola that i got from dade county free tree give away.

Thumbnail by candela
Dallas, TX

IN THE GOOD OLE SUMMER TIME!

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

(please excuse the glare off my hand) but this picture give you a little more perspective on how big these leaves are.

Thumbnail by candela
Dallas, TX

Placenciarita, I got my gas heating bill! It is bigger than your last months bill! Sorry about this news.Now a good pic.. Jerry

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

are those varigated bananas or cannas. what ever they are i'm in love
the whole side of my house is areca palms and i threw in a few crotons for some color. this one looks like bleach was spilled on it.

Thumbnail by candela
Dallas, TX

The QUEEN keeps living up to her name and fame.

Red Oak, TX

candela, is your carambola bearing fruits yet? I have never had a starfruit. Do you have any custard apple trees? those are sooo good.
Those are monster begonias.
Teaxsbigleaves, I am glad that you are finding your pictures. Love your stuttgart.

Thumbnail by prita
Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

that is an incredible hibiscus(i think). i've never had luck with hibiscus they always need spraying.
this is the croton on the side of the house.

Thumbnail by candela
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi MrJPlunket,
is the Schandapsis variegata the same, related to (Syngonium podophyllum) > ?
Believe it or not if I don't keep cutting it...it turns out looking more like the variegata.

Got the computer back and running...a pleasant surprise, and not a fuss word uttered either>

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

You have some awsome crotons Candela

Texasbigleaves, what an incredible hibiscus- it is psychedelic!

Cathy

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

i have yet to get any fruit from that one, but at my other house i had loads. they taste alright.the only thing they are good for is garnishing a martini. custard apple not sure. is that similar to guayabana?

Thumbnail by candela
Red Oak, TX

awesome croton, candela. I love those pictures with the sun rays coming through. There is a nice pink ginger in the background of your last picture.
Rj, is that a new philo? I love variegated plants. Do you know if the leaves will get any bigger as it matures? The chicken gizzard plant in the back was my best find last year.

Thumbnail by prita
Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

RJ you should call it half moon like the cookies. they are perfectly split in half.

chicken gizzard plant?

Thumbnail by candela
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It's a syngonium...this one has climbed up a trellis, the leaves are not as demarked at all. A friend told me I had to keep cutting all the faded ones off to keep it like this...in any case...I am going to be taking some cuttings, perhaps it would be a nice addition to your varigated section! I love varigated too!
It's more like Schandapsis variegata posted up the thread aways.

Vieques, PR

Got carambola? These grow profusely and our boys make a bee line for this tree every time they arrive.

This message was edited Jan 27, 2008 11:08 AM

Thumbnail by JPlunket
Vieques, PR

I can't find the name in DG, but that's what the fellow I bought it from said it was...maybe Schindapsis, but that's not in here either.

Perhaps it is a syngonium, I can't say for sure.

Vieques, PR

More carambola

Thumbnail by JPlunket
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Lets see...there are so many..I was looking through these
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/96469/

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/96738/

and I'm wondering if anyone knows the name of this one.

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Red Oak, TX

candela, the correct name is Irisine (chicken gizzard). I find it much easier to remember funny names instead of the latin.
I am still trying to find a guayabana tree. Is there another name for it ?
Rj , I had never seen the plant in the last picture before. I like it too.

Thumbnail by prita

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.