Tropical Garden #3

Red Oak, TX

How about sharing some of yourTropical plant pictures with us from last summer? What is blooming now in the greenhouse ,covered porch ,basement or sunroom?

Thumbnail by prita
Red Oak, TX

In the greenhouse.
chalice vine

Thumbnail by prita
Red Oak, TX

In the greenhouse.
my only cactus plant.

Thumbnail by prita
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

I have things in the greenhouse and garage not blooming, but here's my little tropical front walkway from last July.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

And a little closer look right by my front steps, later in the season. This is total shade most of the day.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

And my favoriet pic of my favorite Canna. (Can't wait for summer.)

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Dallas, TX

Placenciarita, THANKS from your friend. Jerry

Red Oak, TX

DebinSC, Thank you for posting your pictures. I like everything you have growing in your garden. The sweet potato vines make such a impact wherever you put them, and you can never go wrong with Illustrius. I put them everywhere, and even tried them in a hanging basket, but it did not work.
I am planning on finding dwarf cannas this year, as I have read a lot of good things about them.
Your plants does not have to be blooming to post pictures of them, most of my favorites are foliage plants.
Here is a hanging basket of a dwarf plumeria (not blooming) and the sweet potato vine from last year.

Thumbnail by prita
Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

With musa - that is stunning. What musa is that with the red leaf?

Red Oak, TX

Mitch, it is a musa Rojo.

Thumbnail by prita
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Hi Everybody here some pictures of last year.

Thumbnail by jeri11
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Back patio.

Thumbnail by jeri11
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Lower patio.

Thumbnail by jeri11
South Venice, FL(Zone 9b)

Placenciarita, that variegated chalice vine is beautiful, and so is the Rojo banana.

Deb, your walkway is so inviting.

Jeri, beautiful patio! The anthuriums are gorgeous. We have some of those same supports that I saved years ago, when they were removed from the carport. We turned them into a trellis thingy. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=4340344

Thanks for sharing your pics, Cathy

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Cathy I like that idea also!!! Kinda like a wigwam for your plants!!!! I added mine to the top patio after years and it started to droop a little. Instant support.

Jeri

Gotta love recycling! Hope all your little plumies are staying warm, come on spring!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

They are doing fine!!! They are snug as a bug in my GH!!! I brought all the hoyas into the sonroom and we're living with them. My grandkids can't wait for spring either so I move all my plants back to the patio. LOL!!!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

that's quite a collection of plumeria you got there! thanks for sharing, jeri.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Hi Ashley!!! How's it going? Been back to BR? Would love to meet up with you some time. We're going to Forest Hill in March if you'd like to join us!!!

Jeri

Red Oak, TX

jeri11, thanks for posting your pictures.
Your first picture is too cute, very funny and I love it.
Your last two pictures are totally awesome. The alocasia polly and the antherium together are very striking. Did you try to overwinter them? How are they doing?

Thumbnail by prita
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

The alocasia is in the GH and hasn't even noticed there was a change in our weather. The anthuriums I brought into the sonroom and they aren't doing as well. Hope winter is over before they take their last breathe and I can put them back outside!!!!

This is my first year with the GH and has been a learning experience for me!!!

Jeri

Red Oak, TX

Cathy, I might have to borrow your Idea for a new trellis, maybe using livestock panels insted of the supports you used. I am always looking for new ideas.
Here is a picture of one of my brainstorms.

Thumbnail by prita

Placenciarita, please, borrow away! That livestock panel looks beautiful all decorated with greenery! I need to be more creative and fashion a few more trellis type things, I seem to have collected a bunch of vining plants that need someplace to travel upwards on. Tomorrow morning is trash collection in our neighborhood, I have to go Trash Traveling tonight to see if I can find any freebies for the garden!
Cathy

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

musa - love them all.

Dallas, TX

GUESS?

Thumbnail by texasbigleaves
Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Looks like a wonderful butterfly...

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

It does. :)

Red Oak, TX

texasbigleaves, is it a kaempferia (asian crocus) ginger plant ?

Dallas, TX

BOY O BOY , you can'nt trick that PLACENCIARITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JERRY

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Wow.. that is on a ginger?

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

wow it took me awhile to catch up. great photos. i love it.
i had to post a picture of my garden helper last weekend. this is molly

Thumbnail by candela
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I think this is a banana canna

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

May I ask your name placenciarita? I can never remember how to spell this one!
What are the fuzzies in this picture..I tried to grow those..but no luck
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=4442104

Here is a picture of the pond...

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thins are still pretty green now...
notice a difference in the size of a certain plant ?

Dallas, TX

RJ, You can'nt fool us with that 1 foot tall fence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA-HA-HA, Oh you south Texans. Jerry

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

hahahahahahahahah....rotflol!!

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I would kill for a fern tree like that... and the pond, and the musa... and everything else!

Dallas, TX

Yea i would too! Great TROPICAL back yard!

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I want to take a minute and just say thank you to everyone over here for really being wonderful and letting me be here and just talk. Not every forum is like that.

Red Oak, TX

Candela, I am glad that you caught up with us. Your little helper looks so sweet. I have a little helper too, she keeps my plants warm and safe by sitting on them. Her name is Dolly.
What is that faulous plant you have in the haning basket? I got the manifying glass to it but could not identify it.

This message was edited Jan 23, 2008 9:36 PM

Thumbnail by prita

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.