2nd Chance Swap - Pictorial

's-Gravenhage, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Wow, that's awesome! If you're going to buy that one and it sets seeds, I would like to get some from you next year. I ABSOLUTELY love it!

Dryad might like it too!

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

HELLO EVERYONE

I posted a list of what I have tagged for everyone, please look at it & make sure I didn't forget anything-I fell like I'm overlooking someone/something...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=4399903

Dmail me if I did overlook something you ordered from me!!

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Fairy, How much is that Salvia? Just curious :))

Can anybody open Fairie's link above? I am trying to determine if it's me or the link, because I can't open it.

Suzy

It is $8.99

I just clicked on it & it worked-it took a minute to upload, but was there

Most of the stuff in the catalog is around $5 though!! I think because this is the Salvia's 1st yr. it may be a bit more pricy..

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

snow flurring now here

photo of echinacea and anise hyssop :)

Thumbnail by wind
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

we hardly got any snow... just a dusting, and now the temps are plummeting ... it's gone from 34 to 22° in about 2 hrs.

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

I can't even get any rain around here, much less snow. lol That looks pretty, wind.
~Lucy

SNOW! I almost forgot what that looks like.....

(Maggie) Jacksonvill, FL(Zone 9a)

Available- seed sorting cat. Lacks talent but makes up for it in enthusiasm. As with most Maine Coons, she is a neatnik and likes to clear flat surfaces of everything. Thank goodness for heavy lamps...
If you receive some of my seeds, Bebe has been helping and there may be some rogues. None that are similar though. You may get Butterfly Bush with your Tithonia but no different types of the same species.

Maggie

Thumbnail by margaran

Oh, man I would love one of those!!!! What a CAT!

I htink I priced them out (fro the newspaper, not a cat breeder) and about fainted at the prices, but man o man, what a CAT!

Suyz

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

I always wanted a British Blue cat . . . . maybe one day.

Thumbnail by Seandor
Nelson, NH(Zone 5a)

We had a kitty that was part Maine coon cat-what a great kitty he was! Sir-Purrs-a -lot was his name. His nose ran when he purred and he often rolled down steps-very funny and very lovable!

great shot margaran....caught in action!!! beautiful markings

You lucked out w/ your cat Marg-mine just likes to bat the seed packets I've got done down the basement stairs & then look all innocent when I yell at her. Plus she keeps trying to crawl in the little box I got for the swap-It's only about big enough for her head, but she keeps trying to fit more of herself in it!!

Scottsburg, IN(Zone 6a)

LOL - thank goodness we don't have cats anymore - just dogs who have to let us know when a leaf passes by a window. And you should HEAR them when the neighbor's black cat skulks through the back yard looking for ground squirrels!! Here's a pic of a cat we used to have (a Scottish Fold with perk ears), she's gone to the Rainbow Bridge now - but she was originally Nora's and REALLY didn't like me. This is the "drop dead and die" look she always reserved just for me :)

Thumbnail by dryad57
South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

"drop dead and die" look. LOL : )

Oh, yeah, she is not liking what she's seeing in that one. (Yeah, I know, past tense, but still....)

Suzy

Wind- My hubby gets credit for that shot. Bebe is a tall kitty and she's very inquisitive-apparently particularly fond of seeds-LOL. I love her markings!

Fairy- I do wish she'd wait to help until the seeds are out of the strainers and in sealed envied. Nothing like picking 2 kinds of seeds out of the carpet!

Dryad- That look would curdle milk! Fortunately dogs are easier to win over- much more food/treat dependent. DH's dog would squiggle between us when we were dating. Us kissing would cause her to do the peepee dance- even if she'd just been out. She liked me fine- as long as I understood my place! I never had to compete with his deceased wife- just the dog!

Maggie

Maggie

This message was edited Jan 25, 2008 12:22 AM

Meet our moggie Janneke.

She's an old, wise lady now and has already learned that in life eating and sleeping are the only things that really matter.....

This is her "How dare you wake me up" look!

Thumbnail by Tuinkabouter

What a lovely color Tuink!

Scottsburg, IN(Zone 6a)

LOL Tuink - that's a fairly clear message, isn't it!!

Here is my Kitty-she was a rescue & we got her at about 6-7 weeks-they were unsure about her age. When I brought her home, 1st she crawled into the dash of my car & was only lured out by a can of food. Then when she got into the house, my dog thought she was a toy until she swatted her!!LOL

Now she likes to play with the dog & do what we call "drive-by slappings" where she comes out of no where practically flys through the air, slaps the dog & bolts away!!LOL It is the funniest thing!

Thumbnail by Fairy1004

The dog may disagree, though!

Muskegon, MI(Zone 5a)

Terese
This is a wonderful thread you started. I just loved browsing through everyone's pictures. I'm new here but one day I may get brave enough to post. Would someone point to the directions for that charming house made from windows? Hubby said if I could find windows, he'd build me one! I'm on a mission now. Helen

Isn't that house cool? It is Maozamom's, but there were never any directions to go with the picture. Maybe we can ask here and she'll reply with some directions from her dh -- she said he made it for her.

Suzy

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

Well you take lots of enthusiasm, one hammer , old windows, nails,and a few 2x4's and then start hammering. You probably thought there was some complicated plans for the project. We had no idea what we were doing when we started and poor carpentry skills. We only had $2 invested in the windows so we knew we couldn't do too much damage. It was pure luck that the window over the door was the perfect size, the shutters are slightly too wide. The doors we originally planned to use was too heavy so we use two smaller windows for a dutch door. We had never put a roof on anything before and we couldn't have beams across because we needed the head room so there was some thought solving that problem but everything worked out well . If you have any question I'll try and answer them but if you've ever built a doghouse you have more experience than we had going into this project.

mao

Muskegon, MI(Zone 5a)

I thought one of the posts said there were some basic instructions; my mistake. I love the house and your gardens. Where did you get all those windows for just a $2 investment? I saw a bigger version of yours here in Michigan. The guy got lucky and someone was getting rid of all these leaded-glass windows. I think that's more than luck! We don't seem to have salvage places around here so I could use some suggestions.

Wind - I forgot to mention I love your birdbath. You are all so talented. Helen

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

We bought most of the windows at a farm auction, the barn was filled with architectural salvage. The windows for the roof were a curbside find. We had been looking for about a year when we stumbled upon these. You might try a window replacement company for old windows.

When we bought this house it had been duplexed, and allowed to become terribly rundown. Luckily it's in a nice neighborhood of working class homeowners. We joked that this was our new house, our first home was built three years earlier then 1900 when this one was constructed. We were looking at one built in 1830's as a land office and a Western reserve from the 1830's too.

hls-sometimes if you drive around more rural areas, you can find where people are fixing up their house & getting rid of a lot of stuff-there is a house right around the corner from me that has a ton of windows in it's yard-I'm actually going to see about getting a couple this spring to build a coldframe!!

Muskegon, MI(Zone 5a)

thanks everyone. I still work full time and actually don't get out and about as much as I would like. I'll have to let everyone around here know what I'm looking for. Every once in a while we have a farm auction around here but I've never been to one. Now I have a mission! Helen

today was the day to put together my new seedling rack :))))))) I had critters write up printed out nearby for reference...we hung the first two shop lights before calling it quits for the day.

The hardest part was to decide on the distance between the shelves. We ended up making the bottom two shelves with 22" between them and the rest 15"; leaving one shelf left over. We had thought the lights would hang one per shelf but they are too skinny (bought the cheapest 48" shop lights HD offered). The shelves are 18" wide and can handle two lights per shelf.

Thumbnail by wind

That's my exact set up, Wind, except I am down inthe dungeon of a basement instead of a cool sunroom. I could never take a photo or you'd see that we never throw anyting out, inclusinf Carole King albums from the 70s.

LOVE your dog!!!!! Your dh looks like a secret agent on vacation -- like, "You can take my picture, but don't let them see my eyes or I'll be recognized!"

here it is with the first light :)))))))))

Thumbnail by wind

yeah that's my Har (Harry, secret agent 007) and our dog patiently waiting for her walk :)

believe me this is not the ideal location for this rack it hogs up the whole little room, and that is all you are going to see now when you walk in to our kitchen ~ but it will be great when the days warm up enough for me to harden off the seedlings since there is a door right there! We would have tried the basement if we didn't have cats...especially "snoops" who just loves to eat plants...our feline vegetarian!!!

sweet snoops

Thumbnail by wind

Oh wind, I love your windows! I'd love to have an old fashioned house with real wood frame windows and maybe 3 stories with a lovely quilting garret on the 3rd floor. Alas, the lovely homes here all are cheek by jowl with their neighbors and have minuscule yards with not so much light. Other than that, they are perfect! I do have your seed setup though!

Maggie

What a pretty face! Both I suppose but especially the kitty!

Maggie

don't know what a quilting garret is but sounds great...love quilts :)

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

wind -- nice set up.

love the pooch too, always wanted a pure bred GSD... but always get a mix.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.