Tropicaholic!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I'm so glad you liked it!☺ It was heartfelt, I assure you. If anyone wants to know the holiday on any day in December, just ask...I've got em all!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

By the way, I actually like Pepto! LOL

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Tammy - we cross posted...what, pray tell, is a "buckeye cookie"??? Sounds soooo intriguing!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh they are YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMY! Here is the 'basic' recipe that I found that came closest to my 'throw together' one! LOL

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Buckeye-Cookies-III/Detail.aspx

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Ahhh! If you like those, (and they do sound yummy!), you would probably like my Nina's favorite Christmas Cookie. Each member of the family has their fave, and I try to make them all. They are a lot like the buckeye's but you have to get really messy. You mix butter, powdered sugar, and peanut butter together, then smoosh in a ton and a half of rice krispies, and form balls that you then dip,and dip again, and then if making them for my Nina, dip yet a third time in chocolate. Keep in fridge, and when eaten, the sugar high will let you paint your house, and maybe your neighbor's as well.

This message was edited Dec 25, 2007 4:46 PM

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh I am sure I would LOVE those! And I did get messy with these cause I was so tired I sat on the couch and rolled them out with both hands making them into the cookie shape! LOL
Maybe I need to try yours as we have been trying to get our house painted since last Spring and it still is NOT done! HA HA HA

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

LOL!!!! Oh, it will be fun!!! Well, dear friends, my beloved darlin man will be home from work any minute, so I will be saying night night to you all. Hope your day - and the days to come - are filled with laughter and love!

Yokwe all!!

Shari

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Shari. Nighty Night to you and your dear DH!
HUGS
Tammy

South Venice, FL(Zone 9b)

Gosh, between a batch Tammy's Buckeye cookies and Shari's sugar high cookies, I figure I could remodel the bathroom, clean/organize the garage and my office (which is a nightmare), as well as do all the planting in the new bf garden out front, and do it ALL TODAY!
Cathy

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Just think what we could do if we were all in the same place at the same time.

Sneak, sneak....

Lot's coming up next week about Dave's Garden Party.

LouC

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Well, you could all make a whole bunch of them, then maybe we could all just fly to where we need to be! HA HA HA

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hey...not a bad idea! I'm still hoping for Hawaii! I know it probably won't happen there cuz of cost, but it would sure be a great time! Funny Christi - just read on the other thread about you taking the IZ book to your brother's...I am listening to him now (the one's from you...) and JB and I started cracking up...it was the "Gilligan's Island Theme", and we had talked about you getting shipwrecked on Maui and never going home! Guess you had to be here, but it was such great timing!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

hehehehe

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/799610/

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Stranger things have happened...

But then there is Erin, and our baby dogs, Hannah and Mattie.

Would have to do some planning...

Thumbnail by LouC
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

HMMMMMMMM wonder how I missed these last posts? Never mind, now I know. Our mouse has this stupid problem of double clicking and it clicked on "Unwatch Thread"! ARGGGGGG Hope everyone has survived all the Holiday Hubub and doing well!
IS IT SPRING YET????!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Hey I wonder how I missed this thread at all.
Great thread Tammy with me being a noobie and all. :*).....lol oh well off to the market.

Kim

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey Kim, be sure and buy some bulbs while at the market and plant them! LOL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Kim, you're not the only one...
Okay, Tammy, is this equivalent to an AA session?
My name is Jaye....I'm a Tropicaholic, and loving it!

LOL!! What step are we working Jaye? ;*)
No good bulbs at the market Tammy...got some lemongrass..hope it roots.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL Jaye, I like that Idea! I think we are still on step #1, though!!! Do we wanna go any farther than that, do we wanna be CURED???!!! HA HA HA
Doggone it Kim, wish they did have, but maybe your lemon grass will work! :)

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

1: We admitted we were powerless over tropicals - that our lives had become unmanageable!
That's us, ain't it?

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

ROTFLOL! So true, so true! HE HE HE
SHHHHHHHHH don't tell DH, though!

Tropicals is a good addiction right....I don't need no cure...don't want it...he eh he ;*)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Best I have found thus far, Kim! :)
Well, other than chocolate, and don't want no cure for that neither! LOL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Urrrggghhh...Kel reminded me it's just not tropicals. This is a Yukon potato that I found sprouting and decided not to throw it in the stew! It's now growing nicely on the kitchen counter. I know....pathetic!!!
Psst...Kim...keep me posted on the lemon grass ;=>

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Ok Jaye, what is a yukon potato? It looks cool for a tater!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

You all are having entirely to much fun over here. You need to get off puter and go work in the dirt.

Nice tater..nothing is safe just spotted some garlic sprouting during dinner prep...gonna pot it up ;0)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

But it is dark out there now! LOL
How are you feeling now Miss Robin?

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

My green house that I am no longer heating smells like garlic now and I LOVE it!

Waaaay to dark outside!!!drizzley and yucky....mor fun with yall.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I am feeling a little better, still getting the chills and sniffing alot. My eyes are no longer watering as much, Good thing too. Not being able to see what I was doing was a pain in the tukus.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Good more fun, I need that.

why is your green house smelling like garlic? You cooking out there?

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

At least you are some better! Did you water and sniffle all over my drawing? HA HA HA
Running for my life on that one cause she is close enough to catch me! HE HE HE HE HE

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

ROTFLOL Nope, a while back I planted a bulb that was going bad and had it outside till I switched everything over to the new one and decided to put it in the old one since I am not heating it. :)

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I used to have a Yahoo id called "Garlic Blossoms"!! Guess where it came from! LOLOL!!
Too dark out there too Robyn, will have to let the possums roam freely!
Yukon potatoes have yellow flesh. They are delicious and taste like buttered potatoes, without the butter.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Good thing I sick or I come kick your butt! lol

Good you put that poor thing in colder GH. It might grow better.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

OOOOOOOOOOOH I want some of those, too, Jaye! I love taters with lotsa butter!!!
Garlic is a wonderful thing to have around, keeps the vamps away! HA HA HA

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh come on, haven't you heard of lights. It's way more fun in the dark.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Robin, just one more thing to share with you! Well, after you get over kickin my butt! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.