Tropicaholic!

Don't let anyone fighten you ...the forum is just as much yours as it is theirs ...just give them the benafit of the doubt ...they may be having a bad day or had a fight with the hubby or wife ...it's rare that
there is anything but generosity shown in these forums.
Don't forget it's your forum too! :)
chrissy

Thumbnail by
Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I find I am on here talking to more people than I normally do in person. The DGers are perhaps the most generous and knowledgeable around and absolutely the most friendly. Even if there are a few fuddy-duddies that spit and spew, I keep coming back.

I think I must have been an island princess in my past life. Sitting like a big fat cat up on my throne telling everyone to bring me this or that flower to smell. It caught up with me in this life and I don't have any to smell. lol

That was too much info.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks Chrissy, beautiful pic!
Ditto to what Robin just said! LOL

Ok I must go offline now as I have Christmas eve guests arriving
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas break and come back recharged and ready to dive into the New Year 2008? what's up with that! I am still getting used to the idea it has been into the 2000's now it's almost time to enter a new decade!
Use this time in Winter to dream and learn about what you want to do in your gardens in the coming Spring, don't forget there are 4 seasons (for some of us) and it is good to learn about what flowers when ...so you can always have something exciting going on ...something to look forward to.
I look forward to chatting to you all in 2008 (maybe before then)
Merry Christmas!
chrissy

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Chrissy! I am thinking I need to "attempt" to draw up something to where I know what I want where, but I don't yet have everything I want! LOL Maybe I will just work on getting those things first?! :) Hope you come back before Christmas, but if not, have a very Merry one!
Tammy

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks Chrissy. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Good night all. My eyes keep closing.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Nighty Night! I took some allergy meds about an hour ago, so mine will be doing the same soon.
HUGS
Tammy

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

To any and all who don't know yet:

Traditional use = "Your beauty is like the rainbow"...meaning inside and out...from all viewpoints.

Modern use = "Love to everyone"

the Marshallese equivalent of "Aloha", used as hello, goodbye, good luck, I love You...lots of things...

I like the word, the sentiment and I'm on a mission to get lots of people to use it traditionally - I think that looking at the beauty of things from all sides, is a great ability to aspire to.

You will now note that occasionally LouC, Texasgal77 and AlohaHoya use it...sometimes RJuddHarrison, Louspolair, and even think TropicMan has used it once or twice...makes me feel fantastic! BraveheartsMom...quite a few of us! Thanks for asking, cuz I tend to forget that some people don't know.

Yokwe All!
S

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Shari! That is an amazing sense of the word!
Yokwe to you!
Tammy

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Merry Christmas, and thanks for the lesson, never to old to learn, hey?

Yokwe to you.
Robin

This is so much fun!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Ba Humbug! Just kidding! Got the last batch of peanut butter cookies in the oven! And makin em my way this time round! He likes em crunchy, I like em chewy, so just the last batch my way as he requested them. :) I was actually able to get the crust half way decent on my cherry pie this time! :)

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL, pies are tricky sometimes. Will do mine tomorrow, pumpkin again. Everyones favorite. Headin in to start dinner, talk later.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Well, my choc. chip ones FLOPPED! Donno what I did, but DH says they tasted good! LOL I was afraid to eat one of my own cookies! HA HA HA Starting dinner, we are having Armor chili! LOL

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Nothing wrong with that. We had Kabobs, noodles and refried beans. I know too much heavy stuff but they like it and it was easy.

South Venice, FL(Zone 9b)

Hey Tropaholics!
Just finished making the stuffing, now we're having lentil soup for dinner. Tried a new reciped for Lemon Maple Zucchini Bread earlier, will have that for breakfast on Christmas morning.
Tammy how's your blister doing? Send a cookie my way! Tropicals are all happy down here, the corner is growing!
Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
Cathy

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

But opening 4 little cans of chili was really easy! I'm tired and lazy! LOL
Hey Cathy, I will send some cookies your way if you send me some of you bread! :) You will have to send me a pic of my lil corner after the Holidays! Shoot, I donno even know what all is in my corner yet! LOL
Merry Christmas!
Tammy

Hee hee, that's part of the Christmas surprise!
We had canned lentil soup too- that Wolfgang Puck soup is darn good!
I bet Sienna can't wait til tomorrow!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Doggone it anyway, Cathy! LOL She has been counting down the days and I bet getting her to sleep tonight will be tough! She already asked if she could use some of my cookies for Santa! :) She is in the tub getting all clean for him now. ☻

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Split pea and ham soup with home made bread for us this evening. Nice and easy!

Wow, homemade bread, now that's a treat! I bet Santa will be looking for his dinner at your house and cookies at Tammy's!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I had cheese and crackers while my parents had hot dogs and mac and cheese. lol. None of us wanted to cook.

Tomorrow is BBQ brisket, au gratin potatoes, and a bunch other things.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Making bread is a standard way of life for me, a loaf at Safeways cost $3.50 - $4.50. It's so easy with a cuisinart (sp?) and with the temps usually in the eighties its no big deal to rise - I just throw it out on the lanai. Oh! Oh! I can feel some humor coming from TM for that last remark!

LOL. I can just see you using the bread as a football. Then have one of the dogs catch it.

If I made bread, it would probably be hard as a football!

LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

OOOOOOOOH I love home made bread, but have never made any! Pepper, we have to make a swing to Hawaii, too! Mine would probably end up being some sort of garden art! HA HA HA Anyone else tired of baking and making yet? So far, I have cherry pie, TONS of peanut butter cookies, my chocolate chips ones that flopped, and TONS of buckeye cookies that I still have to melt the chocolate and get on! DH is cooking dinner tomorrow, thank God! He is making sirloin pork steaks, mashed taters, corn, brown and serve rolls, and can't forget the cranberry sauce! I will help after I go get the boys from their Dad and take them by HIS mother's for their gifts.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi all. Turkey, dressing(Thanksgiving leftovers, daughter hates ham), mashed taters & gravy, ham steaks, cole slaw and homemade rolls. All the cookies and candy are gone already, nobody could wiat. The morning went very smooth Kali didn't get up til 7, yea cause this Santa stayed up too late finishing everything. I had to hide all the treasure hunt clues for Kali to find and then hide the last present. She had a blast. Kali is my DGD and she told me she wanted to join Daves yesterday and she has come up with her own name. Kaliflower (cauliflower) cute huh? Need to go do somemore stuff, later all and Merry Christmas.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Cathy, sorry I forgot to answer you before but my blister is doing good now. :)
Robin, that is wonderful about your DGD, and be sure to let her know her name is awesome!
I donno about everyone else, but I am MISERABLE! LOL Had MIL here all day and it was great!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Food miserable? We haven't eaten yet, will do that in about half an hour. Then I will be miserable.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Let's see, for Christmas breakfast we had my version of baked eggs Lorraine, and a hash brown casserole and home made pull-aparts. Then candy from the stockings all during the football game, and then when the guests arrived I finally finished up the dinner...marinated crown roast of pork, stuffing, cranberry/pineapple sauce, scalloped cauliflower (Hi Kali!), green beans with shallots and bacon, and homemade Sally Lun. For dessert, mince pie, rugalagh, rum balls, spice balls and more Christmas candy....

I don't want to eat for a week! But there are so many leftovers!!!!!

Happy Eating to all, and to all , Pepto Bismal.

We had BBQ brisket, potato salad, regular salad, pumpkin rolls, apple pie, and my grandma brought over a cake we haven't touched yet since we are full.

We will be eating the bbq for several days since we had 6 Ibs of it. lol

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Oh pep! I love brisket! So glad that you could have a wonderful sounding dinner like that after all the ice and snow! The sandwiches will be fantastic!

They were! lol. Most of the snow is gone but we are supposed to get more this week. So far it isn't supposed to be as bad as the last several storms but who knows. lol

Sat on the beach from 3-6 then whipped up dinner (baked King Salmon with curry, plain rice and asparagus) in about twenty minutes. My idea of Christmas dinner!! YAY.

Christmas pudding (the English kind) still steaming and will be done in about half an hour.....

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh my, I can hardly move. Thank heavens no more food holidays for a while. All you dinners sonded yummy.

Make way I'm going down for some rumm balls with shari. I hope you soaked them real good.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Of course! Although I prefer the Spice Balls (or as my friend has re-named them "reindeer balls")...cinnamon shappes and Butterscotch Shappes. Come on down!

Oh Dutchlady...I LOVE King Salmon!!! enjoy some for me!!!

Gracious, all this talk of food! We had a BBQ turkey, spiral ham, mashed taters, green bean casserole, broccoli, mashed carrot & turnip, stuffing and rolls, and apple pie sqeezed in after that!
But I think I could fit a reindeer ball or two! Wow a schnappes duo, yummy!
Happy relaxing!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

They are yummy...and one with a cuppa is just the right "relaxing" combo. No sleeping pills necessary!

All sounds wonderful Cathy!

Ah yes, I can see how they would work great as a sleeping aid! Might even have a double!

Shari, your article today was really nice, thanks for sharing a slice of December life from so many different cultures.

Cathy

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

OK, I not only live in the wrong zone for the flowers I want, but my arms are NOT long enough to reach all the wonderful food you all had! Thankfully we don't have many leftovers, of real food that is! But still have TONS of JUNK! Wish you all could share one of my buckeye cookies with me! :) (pssssssssssst-that and my shot of JD I am having!)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.