Today's Weather in Your Garden - 8

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

And maybe Monday!

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the prayers for my DD#2! We're hoping that the flight will be cancelled. Eleanor

Guess what? It's snowing!! Eleanor

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

We got about 6 inches overnight - hard to tell with the drifting. Just finished shoveling, and it started to sleet or freezing rain. Another foot is supposed to come today.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

No snow, just some light rain. It's 35 now with 29 MPH winds. It looks colder out there.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Cloudy/Snowing
Feels Like: -7°
Barometer: 30.22 in and falling
Humidity: 82%
Visibility: 4 mi
Dewpoint: 1°
Wind: NNE 8 mph
Sunrise: 7:09 am
Sunset: 4:00 pm
High 21

8" of snow & sleet expected

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

The sleet started pounding on the windows at 2:20 this morn. It's just starting to turn to rain now(8:30) Just ran out in nightgown, robe and bright orange rainslicker to feed the birds and the ducks. Glad I didn't see anyone! My snowbirds were happy I came out:

Thumbnail by saanansandy

Looks frightening out there. Winds are picking up. Keep a manual can opener always handy.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Thank goodness for manual can openers and pull tabs!

Yes and UPS Computer backups! Lights go out I am on the computer for 45 extra minutes :-)

Similar to Thursday here - hardly any accumulation but ice on top. Windy and 25 now.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Lots of the white stuff (8-10" here) and now it's sposta get icy. Grandkids went home after breakfast when their mom's work was cancelled. My DBF just finished snowblowing for the second time this AM. Gotta work in the lulls.

Sleet now changing over to snow. Just came home from 2 miles up the road to see 2 cars in ditches.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

It has stopped sleeting and I shovelled a path hoping the rest would melt by itself.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

No snow here My wife saw an improbable accident in front of her yesterday. A car ran into the median divider and did a barrel roll 360 and landed back on it's tires.

Wow - anyone hurt?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

She said it was a woman that was bleeding, but getting out of the car. Had to have been ice or inattentive driving I would think.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

That car wreak sounded horrible because usually people are moving fast along divided roads.

Today rain has mostly just turned to drizzle and it is 48 degrees with light wind 10-15mph with an occasional gust. I looked up this week and I will be able to finish my bulb planting on Weds which will be about 40 degrees and partly sunny. Christmas day it is suppose to be sunny and 36 degrees. No snow until maybe the 26th, but not much in the way of winter weather which is good because my mom is coming for 8 days and I want no icy walks for her. Patti

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

We have about a foot of snow, and it's layers of snow and ice. Yucky!

Last week we saw the aftermath of an unusual accident. Over a local river is a one lane bridge, and on both sides are walkways into a park. The walkways have two railings each, made from steel beams. It was very icy, and there was a car up on top of the two railings, one tire on each. I would guesstimate a 30 foot drop into the water. The drivers side was facing the water. No one was in the car when we went by, but that must have been a hairy few minutes for the driver.

Scary stuff.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Yes, it is. I have a four wheel drive Toyota with studded snows. I can't even make it slide. When I was working for the state I travelled about 200-400 miles per day. It was great 8 months out of the year, but the 4 months in this stuff is not something I miss.

Glad to hear about all the events that didn't end in disaster.

There's nothing about my former job that I miss. It was only a half hour drive to work and I was always going against traffic but I still just don't miss it one bit.

Not commuting is priceless!

So is not getting showered and dressed until you feel like it!

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Sigh. We have just an awful mess here and I'm debating whether to work part of the day tomorrow or just forget it. Tueday, I've got to do my commute though.
PS Hi Polly!!

So is showering and not dressing at all! Hee hee.

VICTOR!

DD#2 made it to Baltimore. The flight actually took off during a lull in the precipitation and down there it is just rain. Colin has had a rough day and DD#1 just got him to bed at my house. Then she had to go home and do her own shoveling. We've had snow, sleet, freezing rain, nothing for a couple of hours and then back to snow!! Hope everyone is safe and sound and doesn't have to drive in this mess. Eleanor

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm debating about going to work, too. Since I work for my daughter, it probably won't be much of a debate.

The snow stopped for awhile, but now back full force again.

I've been retired one year and two months now, and I still get up at the same time, and head for the shower, and I need to break that darn habit.

My husband gets up early, and has his business in a garage not connected to the house. Since he gets up so early he makes the coffee out there. So I'm coming to the garage with wet hair, which is fine in summer, but not now.

PS: Hi to you, too, Boojum!

Well now I've also decided not to go to work tomorrow! Who's with us? It can be NE Forum Day throughout the land!! Let it be heard.

Great! I'll take off, too.

me too

Sounds like a movement!

Dress down Fridays and missing Mondays!

Sounds like France. Three day weeks, two hour lunches (with wine) and six weeks vacation. And they still go on strike.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

but i have an anthropology final tomorrow. (and a paper due that i bet is not gonna be complete.)
Yup, still in school (for finals) until December 20!!!
Sound on Tuesday - no clue what we're covering as he doesn't teach much, i skipped Tues, and we were out due to snow on Thursday.
Espaņol on Wednesday - have to give a memorized presentation and turn in a 2 page book summary - yikes!
History of WWI on Thursday - also missed on Thurs, but i KNOW what this is - 3 of 4 essay questions, 5 of 7 short answer/ID questions (only a paragraph or so each.)

Wow - hijacking of weather thread reported - sorry - too tired to move it.
Did get thru both shows this weekend, made it to Hartford today in spite of the weather (DH drove me though), and about 825 people (of 960 sold) showed up to see it...

Are you busy Amy?? Hope you get through everything with A++++++!! Eleanor
Oh, I forgot! Today's weather is...fluffy! Can't really see out yet but everything out there looks very white and fluffy!! Eleanor

I think we got about 15 inches total throughout the weekend. Not too bad after all.

25 here, no snow over the weekend. High winds! WC 11.

Games came in first but NE beat out the Mid South by far.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.