Help me Identify or get close to this poinciana type tree

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Christi...it is a challenge to pack!!!! I try for a smaller suitcase and count on washing machines. I always take too much and wind up mad at myself!!! Hawaii is not 'dressy' unless you stay at a flash hotel and feel you have to dress up...my feeling is that Jenny doesn't have a strict dress code!!! Besides...you will want to buy stuff here....right?.... When I go to Malaysia I will pack 4 pair of cotton pants, 4 tops, bathing suit, nightgown and art material to paint. last time i took more and never wore the stuff and could have gotten away with a lot less...buying stuff there was so much fun!!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Carol. Shari told me about Rainbow Products.com..Most things are under $20 each...some $10-17. Sounds good to me.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Take at least one empty suitcase or bag so you can fill it up with stuff you buy. It will make it alot easier to take things back home. I learned that the hard way. lol

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

and remember...ship ship ship...send your stuff back and it will already be there when you get back...

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Boy you got that right Randy! We shipped a grand total of 9 boxes (big!) home! Of course, that was cuz we had to buy a lot of things that you can't get here, which you sure won't have to deal with Christi...but shipping is a great way to deal with souveniers and stuff that you just don't want to carry around the airport with you.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Christi...I looked up Rainbow products and there was no site...that it was under construction. Do I have the wrong site?

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Carol, its Rainbow Hawaiian Products, Inc. http://www.rainbowhawaii.com/

torino, Italy(Zone 8a)

Hi, according to me the plant of the photo is a Delonix regia

Thumbnail by lulu2004
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

How beautiful. Sure hope that is it.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Indeed, however it is not. I have Delonix regia, the leaves are much smaller on the delonix

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I also have a Delonix...I think we've ruled that one out.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Randy...bring a branch with you...we can try to match it to stuff here. We have Tamarind, monkeypod and all the others.... Love a mystery!!!

Carol

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Okay...will do

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh boy! Another trip to HI. 42 days.

Redondo Beach, CA(Zone 11)

This is amazing, and I go to the beginning, is this not a golden shower tree?
Deeply mysterious, spooky.......

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We'll see if it ever gets to bloom...the cold weather has it a bit defrocked at the moment...

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Saw a plant the other day marked Koa. You know the one with the beautiful wood - couldn't be that could it? If it was correctly marked the leaves looked similar to yours...

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'll check to see if the tree is common in W. Africa.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.