Help me Identify or get close to this poinciana type tree

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes I learned about amending the soil with alfalfa pellets a couple of years ago...well you all have seen the garden right? Alfalfa pellets that have fish emulsion, cotton seed extract, seaweed extract and mollasses in them..that's how I buy them...the garden beds get infused with them in spring , mid summer and fall...they loooove it.
Yes ..works in pots...for buying on the internet, probably alfalfa meal would be more cost effective.
Do a google search on it or I have some places noted in my blog
http://davesgarden.com/community/blogs/t/rjuddharrison/1624/
I've catologued all the goodies that alfalfa contains...scroll down to alfalfa pellets...there's also links to places that I found items I order, looks for alfalfa meal or pellets.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Christi, I'm not sure if I given you the above link before..alot of the info is redundant, but there are alot of "why's " explained in that blog...
I'm just like ya honey...I went and dug, and read, and went to the forums and asked and bugged,...and because of it..that is why I built the blogs, 1) to help me quick reference, and 2) to help the next person that comes along - by putting all I learned in 1 location...

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Anyone that grows a 15' 8" around castor bean plant...well, I need to use the same. And everything grows to 15' such as a blackeyed susan. And everything blooms it's head off.

Speaking of, where is Chrissy?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Just remember one thing though...start out slow....
Start out with pellets and your mollases..and importantly know your type of soil. Usually those ingredients go with anything...but go easy on the molasses..and remember one thing above all in the plant world is

"A little is Alot"

my own quoate!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

And that is one of the many reasons we love you. Always thinking of others...just an all around nice guy!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Will keep that in mind. We have extremely shallow black clay with lots of caliche forever. What is the opposite of acid. We got it.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Shari, wasn't that a fantastic, wonderful, marvelous thing to spend the day with Randy. Who could have known? Blessed again.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

we all were....even if was so fleeting

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Let's do it again at my house...

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Well...it goes on and on.... Randy gave my name to two of his friends who visited here (Wayne and Ed) and Bob and I thoroughly enjoyed them!!!! They popped by before leaving for Houston - so I can vouch for the fact that Randy has cool friends, too!!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Never doubted that.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

OH yes, Wayne did enjoy you..he thought you were pretty cool.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Carol...didn't you know you were on the list for "Cool Places to Visit On the Big Island"?? I've got it right here in my travel brochure....

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL..no kidding.....
We can do the Jungle Heights and Ahohahoya point to point tour...
*air travel provided by Continental*

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Shari, did you know she is going to Jenny's while we are there?
Can it be any better? Yes, only if you and Jb and Randy were there too. And Lily_love and Pepper and Tman and and and and

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Randy, Lily_love, Kim, and her DH are considering Kihei at the same time. Where are you going to be?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Actually, I'm headed over there to see my step sister in a couple weeks..
and some friends on Kauai

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

We are flying out of DFW 2.13.07. suppposed to come back 2.20.07. But...

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

We are on the tour of 'The Most Important People' list...and those are friends and friends of friends.... Randy...you are coming here too, no?...I hope to make it to Kihei to see EVERYONE... Gotta remember my name tag!!! LOL

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Carol, we are counting on getting to see you. Will pray nothing gets in the way.

Christi

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes, our dates are still there...I still haven't gotten a hold of my sister. she is in the middle of buying a condo ...calling her tomorrow night...
I'm probably going to fly to LAX on the 5th and stay overnight so my spoiled self can ride first class out of LAX to HNL on the 6th, then I will be trying to catch one of the island hoppers on standby to Hilo..

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

We will have a layover in LAX on the 13th of Feb. Still coach when we get back on though. Nice to be VIP. Think you might need to wait just a little later?

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Oh it sounds like such a fun party!!!! I wish, I wish I could be there, but there is just no way I could swing it right after getting back. You think passports are expensive??? Try leaving this rock for a non-medical , non annual reason...woof!!! Big bucks! And I gotta save my pennies for the grand gala known as the Garden Party!!!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

You know.>I usually bid vacation that week, but it's blocked this year for training..I will be in re-current training then..

and it's rare these days I get into first class...even with all this plotting, still might not...but at least the flight is not as full as it is from Houston...

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I feel your pain for real, girl friend. I really would like to see you again,.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I do remember you said you would be training. Too bad we didn't know before.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes, I wish they would select January or something..oh well

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

We need a slumber party!!!!!!!!!!!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

We could have that here!!!! on the lanai!

Randy...if you get here on the 6th...call. your bed will be made and you should be here...I would LOVE it! My friend Ed came here after Miniapolis before settling into HNL life...he said he needed to 'rehydrate and relax'....

Christi...i come back from Malaysia on the 7th or 8th of Feb....as soon as the dates are firm, I will book for Maui....Jenny...do you have a cot on a lanai I could have overnight...in case I can't get a return flight the same day. I will try the stepdaughter...

FYI - flying between the islands is a MAJOR undertaking!!! Most flights take you thru Honolulu...makes a 45min trip into 5 or 6 hours and the airlines have us by the XXXXXXX because they are in charge!!!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

You should try it from here!!!!!! Aaaarrrgh!!! Carol, what are you doing in Borneo again, I know you told us, but my halfsheimers has turned into threequartersheimers...

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Carol, a cot - no problemo!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Shari... Off to Sabah and Kotakinabalu with the same group I went to Palawan (Philippines) in Feb. - lurking/looking for hoyas and orchids. This time a week in Sabah and a week in Philippines...n.Luzon... Hey...I have one chance and I am going to take it!!!! Bob is wonderfully understanding...he has been there and thinks I am nuts...but...what else is new? He loves staying here with the dogs...so I get to go play!!!

I travel in a small suitcase...cotton 'scrubs' are the clothes du jour...my own little sheets...

You shoudl come with us!!!!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Where have I been all my life while you people have been living all over the planet? Got to get my feet loose from this soil and get moving.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

We are getting you going, girl...be patient, you can't do it all at once! Carol, sounds like a fantastic trip! If you find two of anything waaaaaaaay cool...remember me! Roughing it, or staying in a hotel? Bob may be right, ha ha!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Went to Costco today and bought a set of luggage. Having traveled in a motorhome for 25 years never needed a suitcase.
Times, they are a changing. Can't get to where I am going in an RV. Look out, here I come.

LouC
Used to collect rocks, too, just like my nemisis.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

mmm..I so wish I could go on that trip...it is so much my kind of thing! I would probably have bored everyone with comments..."that reminds me of Africa...blah blah blah" lol
In anycase...it did work out well that I do get to see Carol after all.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

You've never had a suitcase???????? I think I am on my 5th set, or something like that!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Yeah. I've had one or two. We have had one kind of rv or another since 1966. They all had closets.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

That's a really big suitacse on wheels! LOL!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Sure is and makes it hard to actually pack a suitcase that is limited by physics and "the law". Usually carry at least 10 pairs of shoes. Guess not this time. hahaha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.