Your gardening wishlist?

There are a total of 255 votes:

I want a new tool (which one?)
(22 votes, 8%)
Red dot

A new greenhouse is at the top of my wishlist
(81 votes, 31%)
Red dot

I'm hoping for a gift certificate to buy plants (mail order or local?)
(89 votes, 34%)
Red dot

I've got my eye on a new garden book (which one?)
(20 votes, 7%)
Red dot

Other?
(43 votes, 16%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

Yay, I'm first!! I need plants, plants, plants...

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

......and I need to get rid of plants - nice to meet you.LOL

I guess a gift certificate would be good. It's a bit impersonal, but sometimes it takes longer to describe what you want than to go buy it yourself.

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

Hey Al, I thought you were in the Northeast?? Did you move recently? Too bad you're not here - I'd be happy to take some of your plants off your hands!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

My vote was "Other". We just fenced our backyard this fall so there is approx of 300 feet of space to put in new gardens. My garden wishlist includes someone to dig and prepare these new gardens so I can get to the fun stuff like selecting and planting plants. :oD

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

One of those combo blower,shredder,vaccum thingies

P

I voted for a book. I've got quite a few on my list but here's one I just found that made it to the top of the list-
"Bringing Nature Home" by Doug Tallamy
excerpt-
"For the past century we have created our gardens with one thing in mind: aesthetics. We have selected plants for landscaping based only on their beauty and their fit within our artistic designs. Yet if we designed our buildings the way we design our gardens, with only aesthetics in mind, they would fall down. Just as buildings need support structures...to hold the graceful arches and beautiful lines of fine architecture in place, our gardens need native plants to support a diverse and balanced food web essential to all sustainable ecosystems."

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

Tops on my list is a greenhouse for me to overwinter my tropical plants. Right now it's hit and miss what makes it since I don't have enough house space for everything.

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

For me it's got to be a big geodesic dome greenhouse, not only for special plants but to hang out in. Being in a dome with your favorite plants and a tall drink is a cosmic experience!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

i just told my hubby sat. that i wanted him to get me one of those visa cards in the store so i can spend it on seeds and plants

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I most need a decent durable watering can, but also need to replace the fiberglass handle round shovel fom last Xmas. Not as strong as wood even.

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Materials for more raised beds are on my list. The vegetable patch has been raised, and a small strip by the patio. Against the house will need large containers, boy they are so expensive. I'm dreaming of a stack of half whiskey barrels, does Santa bring them?

Port Vincent, LA(Zone 8b)

I would like a tiller or one of those long auger attachments for my drill, advertised on tv. Our soil is clay and very hard to dig in.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I'd like someone to trim the huge white oak that overhangs my yard. It will take a cherry-picker and the yard is raised beds - so that is not going to happen -- unless --reindeer have chain saws! LOL!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Don't expect a greenhouse anytime soon but that is my choice. I have plants everywhere, in the house, in the tool shed, in the garage, pulled onto the patio and wrapped...just not enough space. Don't know why they are so expensive unless it is the supply and demand rule.
Christi

Escondido, CA

This isn't just my gardening list, it is actually my one and only wish to Santa.

Santa Baby,
I have an absolute fever for an anemometer add on to my Hunter ET Weather station. The ET System has helped me cut my water use significantly already as it tracks temp and rainfall and applies appropriate irrigation to each station based on plant and soil type data. So, no sprinklers coming on in the rain, and an adjusted application when the regular time comes, but I worry that if a hot dry Santa Ana wind kicks in when I'm not around, it will throw everything way off and my plants will dry out.

I've been a good girl. Well, mostly, anyhow.
(I hope Santa reads this)

This message was edited Dec 3, 2007 7:35 AM

Thumbnail by joelleb
Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

A little potting shed, with a little porch.

Burlingame, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm hoping Santa will bring me a henhouse and three pretty little chickens for Christmas. Whats a garden without the fertilizer? LOL

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Mail order gift certificate! I buy 75% of my plants online. Will this message go out to all my friends and family so they'll know what I want?? Is this a gift registry?? LOL

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

A seedling starter heat mat....or three!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I suggested to DH that he get me a Stokes Tropicals gift certificate.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I just spoke for a greenhouse the other day. friend is getting rid of his & of course I volunteered to take it off his hands. Will get it in the spring. Should go nicely with the rest of ours.

Anderson, SC(Zone 7b)

"Is this a gift registry?" - lololololol

I wish for a few new tools - a tiller I can handle myself in this hard clay dirt, a really cool watering can for my deck plants, a watering system that'll reach the far corners of my yard without me struggling to pull a 100' hose full of water behind me, a cement mixer for my new hobby, a rock tumbler, a man to do all the hard work for me..... :))))))))

-Cindy

Hornick, IA(Zone 4b)

Wow I voted for a greenhouse. But that could be counted as a new tool as well lololol
But a shed for potting would be in order if the greenhouse don't happen.
A "big" gift certificate would be alright too.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I wouldn't mind having a little tiller . . .

Blanco, TX(Zone 9a)

I wish to get my New Greenhouse put together! It's sitting on
the trailer in pieces waiting for us to mosey out there and
just do it! It's getting cold at night, and I am tired of moving
plants in and out- especially since I have so many new, thanks
to Dave's Garden friends!

Rockaway, NJ(Zone 6a)

I want a New Greenhouse!

Not that we have anywhere to put it yet...

-Sev

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

I'd like my hubby to suddenly take an interest in helping with garden work. He will dig a hole for me if I ask, but it would be fun to garden together.

Mooresville, NC(Zone 7b)

Me too, twohawk! I got a greenhouse for my bithday last week but can't afford to put it up yet...LOL! It's a big job though...cutting a door into the side of the garage, pouring the footings, running the electricity, gas and water.....the list goes on!

But I actually voted for a new book:
Woody Plant Propagation Manual by Michael Dirr

Ping

Mantua, OH(Zone 5a)

I voted for the greenhouse.....I live in a muckland swamp and my garden tends to flood a lot...I'm Floodzone A....I lose a lot of plants...every year....the greenhouse would keep the plants above
the water line......maybe........

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

I am hoping some rich person will decide they need me to occupy their 20 acre plot in zone 10b somewhere and need it landscaped with rare tropical plants... oK... I can dream.

Mooresville, NC(Zone 7b)

You rock, palmbob....
Just lay it out there.
They say until you ask...........the answer is always no. I wouldn't mind your wish at all, but would rather land in Scotland or Ireland.
Speaking of....has anyone ever seen the movie 'SAVING GRACE' ? It's hilarious!

Synopsis~ Grace Trefethen is left with a manor on the Cornish Coast after her husband dies and has a mountain of debt and creditors after her...and she's about to lose everything. But with Matthew, the manor's caretaker, Grace uses her green thumb to plant a 'cash crop' and pay off her debts. Her greenhouse becomes a hot bed of illegal activity.....and business starts blooming!
By the way, Matthew is played by Craig Ferguson. One of my top 10 funny movies!
Check it out!

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

New book - Rare Plants of Texas Field Guide

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Gift cards from local or mail order nuseries. I can always use more plants.

Oh, and at least 3 truckloads of good black dirt and rock that I can border my beds with.

Glen Ellyn, IL(Zone 5b)

Branch chipper!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I'll take a gift certificate from Home Depot to spend in the spring, as I'll be finishing up (well, it's never really finished...) "virgin" areas in our yard: around a new spa and pool, AND 2 side yard areas. I just planted 30 plants yesterday and the money just GOES!! --even at Home Cheapo prices!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I want all the gardening books I can find! :)

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I asked for 3 cubic yards of good topsoil :~)

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

A new garden spot

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

All of the above!!!

ducky

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.