A RED LETTER DAY IN HOUSTON, TEXAS

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

It was a GREAT day! Thoroughly enjoyed meeting both of you and being able to visit with you, family, and Randy. Felt like I had known y'all forever! It was wonderful! Sure wish we could do it again. Was thinking about all of you this afternoon out in my garden. Must be ESP.

Thanks for the wonderful reminder! It was a very good day!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

You going to be back on the mainland this year Shari?
That was fun. I'm still enjoying my pepper!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Still no plans as yet...I'll let ya know if we end up going to the States instead of Bali...would love to see you all again!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow! What choice. I would think Bali would win hands down. We are great but not that great. But then, there are the grandchildren and kids and parents.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hahahahaha. Christi, yep we would be visiting lots of folks, but this time I would plan on a bit more time with my dear DG buddies!!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

We would get the frontroom ready and the smoker fired up. Might have to put Randy on a Methodist Pallet. (never knew exactly what that was. one of my dad's sayings) But then when you are having a party, who sleeps anyway?

I'm ready when you are. Or could we just meet you in Bali? hhhmmmmm

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

What's that I read? Is my feeble brain deceiving me? Are RU ideas spinning around a focal point in Texas? It would take much to convince me to swing by Texas for a few days, specially with all those nice people who would converge around that nexus.

OOOHH, that would be so wonderful. And I could hand-deliver those rhyzomes I promised to PK and hug her (and everyone else). Keep positive thoughts and let me please know. I've only been to Texas once (Dallas-Fort Worth airport). We were there a total of 45 minutes before boarding our connection to Fort Lauderdale. Plus, airports are international territories so I haven't really been to Texas. My education is lacking.

Take care, all.
Au revoir, tous!

Sylvain, A.K.A. Pu'ole.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Polar Bear! This one is pretty soon. LMK and we will see what we can workout.

Like, come here and we will take you with us. We could pick you up at the airport.
PK

This message was edited Jun 3, 2008 4:29 PM

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL, I thought the same thing...Bali, Texas..hmm what to choose.?!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Ha Ha Ha...well, when you guys put it like that, I guess it did sound kinda silly. But, you know how it goes, who will be upset if we don't go see em, and am I willing to live with that, or should we go do the family thing and do Bali some other time. Problem is, "some other time" can be put off too long. Promised ourselves we wouldn't let that happen, but family pulls pretty hard on those heart strings, ya know?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

that's right ..and not a one of them are in Bali!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Bali it is! She has three fractured ribs from the fall awhile back. Needs all the R&R she can get.

PK

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Bali sounds good to me! If I could travel (which I can't) I'd choose Bali!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Jeanne, it really is a shame you can't travel. I would be so miserable if I couldn't. Love to go, love to come home. I'm fickle like that. Ha Ha. So, passports ready? We meet in Bali in ...what?...end of august?

Shari, my passport is always ready. I could swing by Texas for a few days but Gail won't let me travel to Bali alone and she certainly face that plane trip, either. All that is left is to wish you the most wonderful time while you are there. See your family, enjoy yourself and I'll be watching for a Texas RU later.

Sylvain, A.K.A. Pu'ole.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I still need to renew mine

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

It's not a problem for me....haven't really done much travelling anyway.

Randy, better get on it......They had said on the news that there was a backlog due to the changes in the laws....Now people have to have passports for Canada and Mexico, so there's much more demand on the dept.!!!!

Y'all have fun....and take LOTS of pictures!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes, well with that and the airlines decapcitating, we may have to take a ship to get there!
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2008-06-05-continental-cuts_N.htm

Shrewd move on the part of the airlines; bummer for us non-winged creatures. They'll reduce the number of flights, create scarcity and then raise the price of airline tickets. Off with their heads!

Sylvain.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It's the whole idea. They realize there won't be as high of a demand, and are cutting the size to anticipated levels. Say goodbye to the days of cheap fares. Honestly, if you knew how much money it took to get one aircraft off the ground you would wonder how any of the airlines are still in business.!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.