A RED LETTER DAY IN HOUSTON, TEXAS

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Great pics!! And great stories to go with them too!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

You all had so much fun...I am jealous!!!! Never have I see such blue eyes as Randy has!!!! I am surprised Sheri didn't pack him up too!!!! You are all so beautiful and happy!!!

Carol

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I gave them all hugs for you. I told Shari to give you a hug from me!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Now...THAT will be a keeper!!!! LOL

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Christi, did you get my Dmail? How are your little segos doing? Did they make the trip home OK?

My root beer plant rode quietly home; He didn't cry for his Momma .....not once! It is looking good!!! Haven't decided where I will put him since he can get so big! Will still have to decide!!!! Thank you so much for it and bringing Shari to meet us!!!!!!!!

It was fun! Just like "old times"!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

I'm a little late finding this but oh I feel so much closer to you guys now! It's amazing how much you all look like one big ,really related, happy family. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall!
These are memories I'm sure you will treasure....

Joyce

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

This was pretty much the inspiration for the Convention idea. Can't you just imagine the whole DG family being somewhere together?

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Yes!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Okay, finally got some of my pix in order, so I will add these to the ones already posted.

Here's Christi and Randy at Randy's place...we had just arrived and were looking at all his lovely things...stopping occasionally to give each other a hug cuz we just couldn't believe we were actually there!

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Here's Christi's dearly beloved, Mike. He looks just like Wilford Brimley to me, but we've decided (that is jb and i) that we like Mike better. He's a keeper!

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

DG's very own RJuddHarrison! We who love him call him Randy.

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Here we have the oh-so-yummy Java Java. Randy and my darlin Jb are posin for the camera...they had a lot of fun trying to show us their waaay cool cell-phones, not realizing that to us it was all pure magic!

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Now wait! We were trying out a little metaphotography here...I was supposed to get a pic of what Chrisi was aiming at....hmmm, needs work!

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

This mural outside the Java Java is a pretty good example of what the whole place was like...very kewell, and lot's of fun. Not to mention the food was excellent and the company couldn't have been any better!

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Randy's place has been described so many times, I can't do it justice. The best compliment I can pay is that is was comfortable and inviting...we had a blast, and the conversation ran the gambit, which is only to be expected from all of us OT masters!

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Can you believe this gorgeous fern??? I know that theory's abound as to his secret...I just think they really love growing for him.

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Just look at this little beauty!

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Not that his garden needs any embellishments, but this piece is a real stand-out. We even got to meet the artist!

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

So that's it...any other's I have, have been already posted. These few pics just don't do the day justice. JB and I had a great time, and feel very, very privileged to have met such wonderful folks. They say you can't pick your relatives, so be judicious when picking your friends. We have adopted you all so now you are stuck with us! Ha Ha!!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Aloha!
Lovely to see all the pics, what a nice looking bunch you are!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh dear, I had such a great time. As I said it was waaaayy toooo short.

Now, Shari, where did you find that old woman you took the pictures of posing as me?

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

hahahahaha! LOL Christi! It was a great time, sure wish you lived closer Shari!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Well, I could say the same! I think you would all love my little island! Can't you just see us all sitting on the lanai, sipping something with an umbrella in it, and discussing the why's and wherefore's of the tides?

Christi - I don't see any old woman, but I sure want to shoot you for posting that pic of me all agape! Ahhh yes, ain't pictures fun??? (NOT!!!)

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

aaah...Meeemmmorrrrieeess...like the colors of....
those were good pics! and such lovely editorials...! your so nice...
Definately on the top of the list for a visit. I have several weeks of vacation, so I schedule them about every other month. I'm making a reservation for small umbrellas, beach and discussions...
Christi might be in my pocket too..one never knows....hmm Christi...I do work for you know who!
smiles everyone...smiiiiillles...

Here ya go randy. :~) :~) :~) :~) :~) :~)

:~) :~) :~) :~) :~) :~) :~)

:~) :~) :~) :~)

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

That's right! And I have adopted you all, so that makes it "family", right???

DG RU on Kwaj!!!! Woooo Hoooo!!!!!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

hehehe....Drukwaj

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

hic ☺

lol

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

up! whares my brumella?

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

'sin yer ear, silly! Whaddaya sumthin or drunk???

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

nhaaa..mnot dunk!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

goshhh, neaarrlly misssed the paarrttyy....ahhhh

Good wiinee

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

You have a passport Christi? if not ...work on one...world travelers need it

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

New to me. So far the 5 states surrounding Texas have been my entire world.
Of course, that is all about to change. I still have another 1/3 if my life and I intend to enjoy every single minute.
Note to self:
Must call tomorrow to begin getting a passport.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL, for the pocket ride to Kwaj,
boy ..Sherry sure got a good picture of your DH...He is so cool!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

NOTE TO SELF: GET A PASSPORT!!!

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Christi - You have to get a passport - there are soooo many places to see out there!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I just have to get Mike to sell the motorhome. We have rv'ed for 41 years. It is time someone else washed the linens and did the washing after a trip. Anyone interested in a good motorhome for a very reasonable price?

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

night,night.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.