A RED LETTER DAY IN HOUSTON, TEXAS

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Donna, it was truly amazing...here we were never having met before and it was like old friends reuniting. Really!! It was a great time, and even the beloved appendages had a good time...(husbands, sons, friends...) . One of the main reasons that we are all so excited about the planned "Garden Party", and of course, future visits with these now Life-Long friends.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

You bet Don, your welcome anytime...I'll probably hold another big plant swap here this summer..We make it an all day event...pot luck, field trips, topped off with evening wine tasting...we were glowing for weeks from the fun

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Don, I LOVE Redondo! Next time, we'll come to your place! ☺

Kerrville, TX(Zone 8a)

Randy, what? Another plant swap (tentative) at R.J.'s Jungle! Have to keep tabs on this one. Promise not to forget my chair.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL...I think I still have dishes here...

Having a good holiday..have been away from the computer all week....checking in to say I'm still alive and kicking!
Spring like weather is upon us...this mornings brug...it had most of the upper leaves nipped when it was cold a couple weeks ago leaving nothing but blooms.

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I can hardly wait for mine to bloom. They doing pretty good in the makeshift greenhouse.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Christi! Did you enclose your Canopy / Gazebo also? If not, it works great as a makeshift GH!

Beautiful blooms Randy! Most of mine got frost bit....as they are in the ground, but they will come back in Spring. My neighbor's across the street does every year!

Hasn't the weather been gorgeous here this week??!!!!!!

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Oh my Randy, that is a lovely sight. The color is sure pretty, which one is it? Mine have all melted since the last freeze, so glad someone has some color to wake up to! :~)
Donna

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It was an unmarked brug bought at a once a year landscape company sale. I think it is Dr. Seuss.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

really! I thought seuss was all yellow! You pic looks like a mix of pink and yellow to me, maybe my eyes are messing with me. LOL
Well, it is lovely, regardless. Love how you shot your pic upwards, with the sky as a background. My daughter is a shutterbug & took a similar pic of one of my yellow brug blooms with the sky as the background and put the quote "every flower must grow through dirt" on it, had it framed and gave it to me for my birthday several years ago. One of my favorite pictures. :~)

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

A little more color here with the sun shining through them

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

OUTSTANDING! Lit from within. :~)

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hi Randy! Been missing ya! So glad you are having a good holiday!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Missed you too...!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Very pretty Randy, gorgeous with that blue sky!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Great picture Randy!

Kerrville, TX(Zone 8a)

Absolutely gorgeous, Randy. Be sure and retain that one for the next photo contest.
Post #4388797

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I would take that one to be blown up poster size and put it on the wall. Beautiful.
You have so many complimentary talents, Randy. Not fair for one person to be bestowed with so many talents. so glad you share them with us.

LouC

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

What are you doing with your break, besides lounging and taking beautiful pictures? Enquiring minds want to know!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

He's working "Projects".....no telling what he's conjouring (sp?) up! :o)

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Ha Ha...bet that deck is gettin a lickin!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

That deck will be so clean the plants will have a glare from the sun!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Then cause the glare from the sun is so hot they catch on fire!! LOL

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Yep, Randy is "hot stuff" OK! LOL! Garden and all!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Ah, you girls are just a sucker for a handsome face and a very green thumb!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL...and I only have the upper deck done, hot tub area..good thing I'm doing it..the deck wouldn't have taken another rainy summer because all the space between the wood is full of dirt and mud..darn squirrels...LOL..darn gardener repotting on the deck and where ever else the whim takes it.. Now I have to re-seal it.. been great weather...
cleared out all the small brugs- and am at the Brug Forrest perimiter...They must know something is up..why else are they blooming , and me and my saw just looking at them. I'll still have 2 or 3 trees, mabe I'll be able to keep them prunned better..

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Yep, those brugs have got your number!!!!! LOL! They know exactly what you're up to! LOL!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

That same thing always happens to me when I walk out with my shears...whatever I was going to "chop" is blooming away, and I just can't! Why my "garden" is more of a "place where things grow - any way they want to".

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

me too! If I do manage to prune it I go get a pot of potting soil and stick it in it and say, "Oh, please don't die!!!!" Someday I have to start throwing things away! LOL

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

You sound just like me Jeanne! LOL

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Jeanne,
The ones I chopped down, I saved the root stock and stumps..they will grow back huge in a second if you want a couple...I still have to dig them out.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Sure, just let me know when.....I have pots to put them in....if you want you could just wrap them in newspaper! Appreciate it! Thanks!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

okay..I have plenty of things to put them in. Doesn't look like I'll be doing much this weekend, although I see the night time temp has gone up quite a bit..thank goodness

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank goodness! They had said earlier that it could get as low as 29, so now 33 is sounding much better! I'll get with you at the end of the week to see what schedules look like. Thanks!

Gonna bi in the teens tonight and singles by weekend for lows. 33 right now would have me sweating. lol

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Pepper, try to stay warm, sweetie!!!!! Spring will be here eventually!

It only got to 20* today. When I left work this morning it was 16*. I had to leave early cause I hurt my back horseback riding yesterday. The horse I was riding has a really choppy stride and it was also my first time riding her. When she was trotting I was being slammed down into the saddle cause I couldn't post on her. So I have a sore back today. lol.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Ooooooh, that is cold! Oh Pepper, do take care of yourself! Soak in a hot tub, and take a muscle and or pain reliever!!!!!!! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Ran across this while looking for something else. Had such a great time visiting again, thought maybe you would too.

Since November, we have been to Maui to visit Jenny and family (Braveheartsmom) and Randy came here for a weekend. He and I went to the Waxahachie RU and then to Broncbuster's home to extend the day where my DH cooked BBQ. Phyllis (Mibus2) came home with us for a short visit that evening. TJ and Mitch have been here several times. Carol (AlohaHoya) came to Jenny's for the day and we have talked several times by phone. Occasional phone conversation with John (carriblue). Have been to two RU's and met dozens of other super duper wonderful people from DG. All of these good times seems so far back.

Guess that means it is time to get something going again. A couple of other RU's are in the works now. Hoping to go to at least one of them.

My family has greatly expanded this last year and I am sooo blessed for it.

Still hoping for a major Dave's Garden Party someday.

LouC aka Christi aka Princess Kilikina

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Oh my...what a wonderful time that was! All the anticipation, and then getting together with everyone. Made me realize just how much I miss all of you! When are they gonna get that teleport business perfected???

Hugs all around!

Yokwe,
Shari

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.