A RED LETTER DAY IN HOUSTON, TEXAS

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

My daughter had thought of buying one once....I think she's changed her mind to an inground pool! I'll ask her!

We used to camp with a tent when they were little, or go up to Lake Livingston and get a cabin. It was realy fun!!!!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Night Christi! Sweet dreams!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hmmm...I'm getting to be motorhome age! I've traveled all over the earth, now theres nothing more appealing that puttering in a motorhome at my own speed for months at a time!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Christi, that picture of you and I is adorable..I think I might have to copy and frame that.
May I pretty please Shari, print and copy your copyrighted photo so that I may frame it and others in places of honor in the home!? I want to put them in my fandangled digital photo frame that changes photos every 30 seconds..

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Ha ha....I have visions of Randy RV'ing across the Pacific! "Stroke, Stroke, Stroke"...yah - you'd HAVE a stroke!!!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Of course!!! Take any of these you would like! Or if you want a larger one, I can e-mail it to you, I think.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

oh thanks...
that was such a good day..it's making me smile all over again...
it was like Santa visited with presents and fun, laughs and good feelings...

Come back!!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

What????? They still don't have that BRIDGE built yet, I'll say, takes forever to get anything done these days!!!!! LOL!

When we came back from Hawaii we picked up our car in Calif. Along the way....Arizona, I think, we were fueling up. A very elderly man looked at the Hawaiian license plates. He nodded his head, hand on chin, and said, "Didja drive the whole way?" My Dad just nodded, and said, "Yep!" LOL!!!!
When Dad got back in the car and told the story we all just howled! Ya didn't know there was a bridge?????? LOL!!!!!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

LOL Jeanne!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

LOL Jeanne.

When the bridge between South Padre Island and the mainland broke a few years ago, my parents had just crossed it a few moments before, coming home from a party. You would NEVER get me on a bridge big enough to get from here to there! I get queasy just crossing the causeway between island up this chain! Thanks anyhoo....I'll fly!
♫And I'll get to Scotland afooooore ya...♫

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I know, huh? There's a looooong bridge in La, that I have a fond dislike for going to Miss. to see my sister. And another....only a tunnel in Va. I believe on the way from NC to Norfolk. It took forever!

Shari, I am so glad that your parents crossed that bridge just in time. We have a bridge here between Baytown and LaPorte. It is so WINDY up there sometimes. I know that they allow for some sway, but I do pray when we go over it, that I can just get to the other side safely! That is one of the many things I am thankful for.....just getting over that bridge!!!!! I don't think I would try "Driving the whole way" from Calif ro Hawaii, either! LOL!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

It would definately entail packing a picnic lunch (dinner...breakfast...), wouldn't it!?

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I don't think the airlines or cruise ships have anything to worry about! LOL!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

No lurking for me! :) What an amazing time you all seem to have shared! I hope to be able to do this one day as well! Thanks for leading me here to see this, LouC! It shows the wonderful hearts of all of you here on DG! It just amazes and thrills me to know I am a part of the DG family!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL!
Tammy

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Tammy - we are ALL amazed at the friendships we have made. I am always so very, very glad that I looked up a plant one day - well over a year ago now. I wouldn't trade my DG friendships for all the things that money can buy! Thank you for joining our little family over here in TG!

To you and yours,
Happiest of Holidays!!!! (((Hugs)))

Its Christmas Eve here, so I will probably see you all sometime tomorrow! Warmest wishes to everyone!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Thank you, Islandshari! I have been here just over 3 months and couldn't even begin to count how many wonderful people I have met! So glad I was invited in here to meet all of you lovely DGer's! Deep down to the roots I am a "Tropicaholic", so TG has to be the place for me! :) As my other thread says, I am a misplaced Southerner!
Great Big Hugs to each and every one of you!
Happy Holidays!
Tammy

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Merry Christmas to Everyone! So glad to see you Misty and Robin!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks Texasgal, glad to be here! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I like that term "tropicholic" I fall in that group somewhere.
It's been chilly the last couple of nights, but Brian and I were just saying how full the garden still looks for this time of year. I even noticed a ginger blooming.

Happy Holidays!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks, RJ! Now don't be rubbin that garden bloomin in on us that can't have it! LOL
Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL, hey..I had my skull cap on yesterday, then a sweatshirt with a hood over that!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Whatcha suppose to have on Christmas day? We are suppose to have upper 50's! :)

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Looks like 67 tomorrow...60's and 40's for the next 10 days or so..

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Mid 30s here. With some snow still on the ground.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Come on spring

I'm enjoying winter now. Have gotten used to the cold and I like being able to see the houses that you normally can't see. But when the air is so cold I can't breathe then I change my mind and wish I was down south. lol

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Come on pepper, lets head to Texas! LOL

LOL. Would love too!! Have family down there I need to go suprise anyways. hehehe

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'll get the garden suite guest room ready

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Headin out after New Years, be ready pepper!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Well, I live in the tropics, but all is not sugar and spice here either! Windy season has started and half of my garden is in shock (again!). My night blooming jasmine now has three leaves left on a 4 ft shrub, all my peppers are kaput except the cayannes which seem to be immune to everything! My bougainvilla's are all just sticks at the moment because we have only had a few hours of sun a day for the past week or so...but!...
my hibiscus are blooming happily, the orchids truly love the wind, and... ready Randy?

My Bleeding Heart Clero's are blooming!!!! Yea!!!!!

Good and bad in the gardens everywhere...that's what keeps us all hooked. Determination to turn the bad into the good! So glad that I am not alone in my addiction....

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL
That's true...if it's not one thing it's another!
Nature is secretly enlisting us to help against all the things it has to battle

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I don't think its much of a secret....

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

To those in touch

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

☺...yes, there is that. ☺

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

How fun! What a difference a day can make in our lives, huh? So glad you all got to do this. Had any of you met in person before this?
Love the flamingo's, my sister and I buy them for each other at Christmas. It had started out as a gag many years ago, she had gotten me a tacky gag gift one year so the next year I got her the big pink plastic flamingos on stakes for her lawn and darned if she did not love them. LOL That totally backfired. Now they are our theme. The one I got her this year sports a straw hat and rhinestone glasses on a chain. :~)
Thanks for sharing your day with us, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thread.
Donna

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

No, none of us had,
but my experience has been 100 percent great..seems like being on the DG site and chatting helps us kind of pre-know each other...
I even started a memory album of all the wonderful people that have visited!
http://davesgarden.com/community/blogs/t/rjuddharrison/7559/

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

I know exactly what you mean about "pre-knowing" each other, one of my closest friends is a gal I met on Gardenweb 5 years ago and we both came to Daves together and email & phone regularly. I am flying to ohio next summer to spend a week with her. I am SO excited!!! :~)

Will have to go look at your memory album, clever idea.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I just have links on it now, since they're already posted on the site somewhere..I figure I'd try and save us some space.

But yes, I have had the BEST year ever meeting people here at DG and we are truly kindred spirits !

Redondo Beach, CA(Zone 11)

I don't know what the heck this is all about or what was going on but obviously a great time! Gollylee, y'all invite me next time. I'm for anything fun.
Bless everyone for a great year ahead!
-Love, Don

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.