Canna #1

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

A canter is a fast stride. I'll google the info for ya tonight unless I don't have to work cause of slick roads. Then it will be in a little while.

We have slick roads here and blowing powder. Schools are closed and people are sliding off the roads. If my hwy is slick i'm not going in.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

IT snowed! I'll post pictures later, just now getting light out

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Thank goodness, it didn't snow here. But is colder than you know what! 14* here at the house yesterday, going to 28* and cloudy and windy today. Off to work! : ( We always get this cold snap when the stock show is in town.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ooh good luck Pep - it's 20 here this morning, brrrr.

Tropicanna, are you enjoying your snow? Did your daughter get to stay home from school? - hope you have hot chocolate!

I made it to work but came home early due to my back being sore from riding last night. All that slamming in the saddle really hurt my lower back so I have a heat pack on it now.

I think we got just under 2 inches last night. Powdery snow. Funny thing is here in my county and the county I work in roads were decent and no one was in the ditch with one exception on a bad hill. But you hit Jackson County which is where all the big cities are and all you could see were cars in the ditches and no sand trucks or highway patrols. My dad had to go that way but he turned around and came back home after seeing all those cars.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

drinking some now...playing in the snow wore me out...I took a nap. Our photo setup is different now, so I'll post pics when I ca

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

OK.......

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

our snowcastles...kinda funny looking...like something out of Star Wars

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

the tropical bed....

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Yeah Trop ! I'm glad you had some fun in the snow (and a nap!) We had some snow an hour ago - but it seems all done now. I'm assuming school was cancelled, and she got to help you make those ttle R2D2 snowmen.

Pepper, I hope your back feels better with the heat on it.

Your snowmen do look like something out of Star Wars. lol.

My back doesn't hurt as much now but it won't be completely better til I lay down.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I sympathize, my neck is sore from painting a ceiling yesterday, how stupid is that?! We have a trey ceiling in the dining room which has always needed painting. And, apparently I have to paint something when I think about moving, it relieves stress somehow. But I'm done looking up.

DH goes to Minneapolis to interview with Best Buy on Monday (MLK) - the high there was 18 yesterday - how will I adapt? Then that will be it and a decision must be made and he'll give his notice. I am excited, change can be a good thing. I think he's leaning toward ebay at the moment, have to see what they come up with $$-wise.

Gotta run, Sophia's at ballet and Olivia is going to gymnastics after that - Thursday nights are our busiest.

Trop - Big Brother 9 starts in February.... I never cancelled the live feed from the summer run, so I guess I'll have them again.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

you need a long handle for your paint roller, makes all the difference with ceilings. can't wait till Feb

thanks for telling me what a canter was, pepper :)

the little one was out of school today, she has vacation from tomm-Wed, but might have to make up today either Fri or Tuesday...so confusing.

We had fun even though it was pretty wet and cold. The daughter was so excited about building the snow castles. It was too wet for snowmen, so we adapted. Alice Cooper (the cat) got to play in her first snow. It was so funny, she watched it, then she just started batting at snow on the ground, was chasing snowballs we were throwing...it was cute

Here is an explanation of the canter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canter

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

so was it a working , medium, extended, or collected canter you saw yesterday?

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Hello everyone! Been away quite a while but I am still alive.. just working a lot and been without a computer for months.. can rarely get on line. Got my computer back.. still need to hook it up. Had to take my hard drive in to see if some files can be recovered. Just wanted to say a quick hello.

Tammie

Hi Tammie!!

Trop, I don't know which canter I got to see. She wouldn't canter long enough for me to figure it out. She would canter for a short distance then slow to a trot then back up again to the canter for a bit then back to the canter. I do know it wasn't real smooth but she kept doing different things which I won't explain. :~)

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

lol..not sure that's a mental picture I need, pep...although I have to admit I'm slightly curious in that watch a trainwreck kinda way

Hey Tammie! Glad to see you again, we really missed your garden pics at the end of the summer :)

lol. The mare is a *go* horse. Like a Mustang is a *go* car. You just barely touch her and she goes. But she didn't want to walk and she didn't want to canter. She wanted to trot all day. And when I asked her to walk she ignored me. I finally started making her obey my commands but it took about 10 min to get her to do what I asked. She was being onery. We weren't very happy with her. It was my first time on her so all in all we didn't do too bad. Could've been worse.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Hey Tammie ! We've missed you, glad you checked in.

*I do have a long handle, but I get too crazy with it. Plus, going up and down the ladder qualified for 30 minutes of "stair-stepper" lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I only tried to ride horses a couple of times at my great-grandmother's place, and they weren't ones that wanted to be ridden nor was a saddle involved...didn't last long needless to say

I like using a long handle on ceilings especially when you do the ceiling first or everything's going to be the same color...so much faster but definitely can be a mess. One summer in college I worked on the paint crew for the housing dept. on campus...it was fun, got into one notorious paint fight, I didn't start it but it did take awhile to clean up

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh, I'm sure you were complete innocent ; ) agree on the handle, but since I was trying to keep the paint on the inside of the trey only, I just couldn't trust myself - you probably have better control with it than I do. !!!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

well of course I was completely innocent! we wasted a couple of gallons on that job....lol

lol, enough of the handle talk, we're totally setting ourselves up here...

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ha ha ha haha - didn't even think of it that way.

It super-duper playdate here 3 - 10 year old girls, 2 - 7 year old girls + Vincent. He's supervising the makeovers right now. At least he's figured out NOT to let them put makeup on him anymore.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Poor Vince, I'm sure he is missing dad right now! I wouldn't touch ya'lls pole talk with a ten foot pole! LOL Trop is always innocent, hence her drift of inuendo.

Lhasa, good to see you are still getting around. Figured maybe that job had done you in. Sorry to hear of all your computer problems! Hope we get to hear more from you, and maybe some pics of garden. I know it is getting close to spring(if it isn't already) for you guys.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

the thought makes my head hurt..I love kids but you're so outnumbered. I ended up finding baby pictures of my daughter today.....awwwww

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

lol, vadap "drift of innuendo"...see, that's just it, I didn't say it, you thought it....lol

yeah Tammie it really was refreshing to have you pop in

LOL. Trop, you aren't as innocent as you want us to believe.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm supposed to be playing hide 'n seek right now, but they haven't noticed they've been hiding a while lol !

LOL. They probably got distracted.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL, Red, I'd be hiding for awhile...totally outnumbered...teehee

pepper, you're actually the one I'm not sure is so innocent....lol, it's the quiet ones you really have to worry about stirring up trouble

if I hear this you are the music in me song again.....

Who me?? Never!!!! :~p

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

pepper actually works as a double agent, translating for the CIA

You have me choking on my tea here!! LOL

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

which is code for , "Shut up, or I'm coming for your family!"

Oh man!! Keep this up and I will have to print some of those off and take to work. Show them to my best friends there! LOL

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm not sure about your "co-workers" pepper, but I think that the other side of your job scares me more...you know, like those chicks in the Kill Bill movies.....pepper (AKA: Black Mamba)

I really have to print off your posts. LOL

Oh you want to hear something bad? I got a wrong number message several weeks ago that was not nice so I saved it for one of my friends to hear. I got a chance today and I thought I hit the button for replay but instead hit the delete button. Oh we were both so mad!!!! He wanted to hear it and I wanted to keep it so he could hear it. We both lost on that deal! grrrr

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I found them all - now they are in the backyard in the dark screaming and driving the neighbors crazy I'm sure.....
oh well, in 45 minutes I'm having a nice cold beer !

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

OH! I hate when that stuff happens...my friend did a mix of answering machine messages..I apparently called and said, "Hey (friend's name deleted to protect him from pepper), guess you're not here, I hope you have another phone cause i'm gonnna call it"

not sure what I was trying to say there...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.