November Daily Weather, Time for a garden nap.

(Zone 3b)

29* 11:30am, light but no sunshine. Sunrise was at 8:42 this morning and sets at 4:42.
pepper~ageeing with others; you work in a beautiful setting.
MySharona~ little Prissy wants picked up:) what a beach-full of shells; bet it made quite a crunch when walking.
Dyson~at least the plants had a little something to tide them over till it really rains. What does "wind" 260* mean?
m2keep~are you looking forward to snow? I'm still working on voting, so difficult, isn't it? Love the cactus blossom. A.
kelli ~ sounds really cool, but with the fog, must feel even cooler.
se_eds~bet it's quite a change in cooking habits :) At least now you've got dinners ready at a moments' notice.
Sunset yesterday.
hi marsue~seems it's time to get ready as well for cool weather. I'm impressed that your cactus bloomed 3X, that's wonderful.

Thumbnail by kiska
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Sharon,thanks for asking,mom is well,I just went to hers and brought her the meds.
The beach looks great even now and Prissy is as cute as ever!
Is getting warmer...under a huge maple !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

260° = 260 degrees w/ 0 deg. (or 360 deg depending on if your glass is ½ empty or ½ full) being north. 180° would be from the south.

50°(F) bright, w/a good breeze.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Quoting:
...(or 360 deg depending on if your glass is ½ empty or ½ full) being north.

LOL, Dyson!!!

Wow, how often do you get fog like that, Kelli? I hope you didn't have anywhere to go this morning.

marsue, I didn't notice the "shark" in Sharon's picture until you mentioned it! Yikes is right! (Well, if it is a shark... LOL) Your sunset pic is gorgeous. :-)

We had another chilly front come through. It's going to get down in the mid 40s tonight and will only be in the 60s tomorrow. We're going to walk to the school that we vote at as soon as DH is home. The bunnies can either play outside or come into the auditorium with us and run up and down the steps in the bleachers while we take turns voting. :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 4:53pm CST (6 min ago)
Temperature 69 °F 21 °C
Dew Point 48 °F 9 °C
Humidity 46%
Pressure 30.25 in 1024.3 mb
Wind Speed 15 MPH 13 kts
Wind Dir N 360°
Ceiling 7000 ft 2134 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Mostly Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 63.0°F / 17.2°C

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Dark, 45°(F) wind has died down.

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Joey – Beautiful Christmas Cactus! Mine haven’t bloomed yet. I’m going with A. For some crazy reason I remember the internal temp of the sun is around 27 million degrees! Why do I know this?
Dyson – I have a bunch of windows that need cleaning!
Kelli – You had rain and fog within a 1 month time frame! LOL! Did you take pictures?
Marsue – LOL! That’s a surfer in a wet suit heading out! He does look like a fin!
Adina – I’m glad your mom is doing well. I love the tree picture!
Marylyn – We’re on the same weather front. It’s going to be Fall here for a couple of days. I’m so excited! I’ll actually get to wear a sweater!

67.6 °F / 19 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 51%
Dew Point: 48 °F / 9 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 5000 ft / 1524 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Lows 43 to 48 inland...around 50 coast. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Prissy is happy now!

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 3b)

Dyson - now I understand- I'll check "my" weather site to see if the winds are posted in that manner. North is good unless the winds are coming from Siberia; then it's a bummer. I'm sure you recall those winds:)
Just looked at the weather site, and there it is, listed under the aviation weather.(60* ENE)
3:15 - - 29*/ gray continues to rule the day. Snow in the forecast.
adina~the fallen leaves look so pretty. I'm glad your mother is doing well.

(Zone 3b)

MySharona~now that's one happy puppy :) How did you manage to get such a great pic? Quick, pick out a sweater for fall :))

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

kiska - how well I remember the north winds, and the destruction they could bring in short order to a peaceful community.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Helluu! As Dyson said, the wind has died down, finally! It was really hard to drive in! The high today was 42° & the wind chill in Bluefield was 28°! But the sun was out!:D The clouds are rolling in now to give us a little rain/snow mix.

Kiska, Thanks...And yes I'm ready for the snow...I think that snow is more benificial that rain. (seeps in)... I heard somewhere (long ago) that snow contains a lot of nitrogen. Yep, I had an aweful time voting...I couldn't make up my Mind! :D
Adina, I LOVE that Maple! What kind is it? I'm so glad that your mom is doing OK! :D
Sharon!!! The pic of Prissy is Priceless! :D A shark? :-O
Kelli, That cactus is the funniest thin...I bought it as a Christmas Cactus & it always blooms in early Nov.

The answer to the trivia is...A
The surface of the sun is about 5 times hotter than molten lava.

Have a Great Evening!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Joey: Oops! I got here too late to get my trivia guess in. (Would've been wrong.) Pretty cactus. Mine is just budding for the first time. :)
Adina: I love that maple tree.
Kiska: Love the snowy mountain.
Marsue: Here's a weird shot of one of my orchids that is blooming. It was dark when I got home, so this was taken "by flashlight". :)

Totally Dyson dark and 58. They SAY it's going to get down to the mid 30s tonight. So I guess I'd better bring those orchids inside. Sigh.

If the low temp is 35, the humidity is 43%, and the dew point is 37, will there be frost???
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Today was a nice, chilly, sunny day. Was supposed to be colder but it was what it has been. 50s.

Here is another pic from work. The arbor in the last pic can hold 50 people. It is a popular spot for small weddings. This pic is just to the left of the arbor. If look in the other pic you see a tree with a bit of the sun on it . This is closer view of that area.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Great sunset photo, Kiska, and Hi back to you! :o)
Joey, that grandbaby is sooooo cute! I imagine there is lots of sugar under that little chin!
Sharon, your Prissy is too funny--such a cute pic and I am so glad that wasn't a shark in your other photo! LOL
Adina, that is certainly a pretty park you have there--is it close to your house? Glad your Mom is well.
That is one gorgeous orchid, Deb. I don't have one that color. I have a Dancing Lady that is yellow and I have a purple phaelenopsis (sp?) and I can't remember what the other one is because it hasn't bloomed in a long time--don't know what its problem is. Maybe if I fed it, that would help?
Pepper, no wonder people like to have weddings at the arbor in your photo--it is a beautiful site for an outdoor wedding. DH and I were married outdoors (23 1/2 years ago) at a friend's house (in February--brrrr). There was a pond just beside her driveway and we had purple mums lining the driveway--it was the "aisle". The song we played for the wedding party's entry was Piano Concerto #1 by Tsychowski. (That spelling doesn't look right but it is--I looked it up) It was very effective. Anyway, I digress. LOL (I do that a lot)
Y'all have a good evening!

Kiska – We were playing “get your toy” and she started dancing and smiling! She reminds me of Jack Nicholsons “The Joker” (Batman)! Great sunset picture.
Joey – You had “snow”! No – only a surfer in a wetsuit! Awww –Look at our boy! He’s precious!
Deb – Great picture of the orchid! I don’t know if the equation “= frost”, but it does “= very cold” in my book!
Pepper – That is a great spot for weddings!
Marsue – We all digress at times! Your wedding sounds like it was lovely. Hopefully you weren’t freezing in the February!
49.5 °F / 9.7 °C
Clear
Humidity: 38%
Dew Point: 25 °F / -4 °C
Wind: 4.0 mph / 6.4 km/h / 1.8 m/s from the NNW
Wind Gust: 9.6 mph / 15.4 km/h
Pressure: 30.15 in / 1020.9 hPa (Rising)
Windchill: 48 °F / 9 °C
UV: 0 out of 16

Today
Mostly sunny...breezy...cooler. High 62!!!!! North winds 15 to 20 mph.
I just heard it's 39* in Waycross (about 80 miles North)! Brrrrr!

I never can remember the name of this butterfly, but taken yesterday. It's on the "powder puff" plant (in the Mimosa family), but no scent. :(

Thumbnail by MySharona

21* outside right now. And dark.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Current conditions as of 5:55 am CST

Clear
Feels Like: 36°
Barometer: 30.42 in and steady
Humidity: 70%
Visibility: 7 mi
Dewpoint: 27°
Wind: Calm
Sunrise: 6:34 am
Sunset: 5:08 pm
It was actually 32*F on my backporch at 6 a.m. today. Brrrr! I guess that qualifies as our first freeze of the season. I haven't been out to check my plants. I'll do that later when it warms up somewhat.

That's a good picture of the yellow butterfly, Sharon, and the pretty mimosa-looking plant. And no, we didn't freeze when DH and I got married even though it was February. The weather was actually pretty mild but the next day it snowed and sleeted! Guess we got married just in time to have an outdoor wedding! LOL

It will warm up today to near 60*F and be even warmer the next two or three days. Yay!

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Today it's fairly calm - only 4 mph from the south, 43°F and raining. No complaints here. Yesterday was very windy and wet. The weekly "tremor" report states that 226 small earthquakes were recorded in the past week, most under 3 on the richter scale.

Sunrise was at 9:29 and sunset will be at 4:53.
Deb - I know what you mean about it getting dark too soon this time of year ........ it seems to me it wasn't that long ago that sunrise was around 8 am and sunset around 6 pm ........ I don't know what happened there ! lol I guess time flies by ....... When is sunset in your part of the world?

Great photos everyone!

Rann

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

37°(F) Sunny, bright, blu skies,

Wife 1 (Melody) returned from Calif. (visit w/son 1) and posted pics - 249 of them.

This is granddaughter -

Thumbnail by Dyson
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Beautiful granddaughter, Dyson! Aren't granddaughters the greatest?!! 249 photos, huh? That ought to keep you busy for a while! LOL

Marsue – Your first freeze! Brrrr!
Rann – You get a weekly tremor report? I’m surprised at how short you daylight hours are.
Kelli – Do you get a weekly tremor report?
Dyson – Your granddaughter is just beautiful!

Sunrise here at 6:44am Sunset at 5:34pm

59.0 °F / 15.0 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 35%
Dew Point: 32 °F / -0 °C
Wind: 6.0 mph / 9.7 km/h / 2.7 m/s from the North
Wind Gust: 13.0 mph / 20.9 km/h / 8.7 m/s
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Falling)
UV: 7 out of 16
Clouds: Few 5000 ft / 1524 m

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Two posted .... wife 1 & wife 3, think there are a few more (wife 2) but have not heard from her in quite awhile. Maybe she needs to get in touch? Or maybe not.

It is all good - 49°

What do you tell the grandchild about the other grandchild? step cousin?, distant relative? Impartial but need too know.

sign me too many grandkids.

What do you tell the current spouse about the grandkids? I know you can tell them the grandkids from the first marriage are their grandchildren also, but what about the second Marriage children etc. - I am more than confused. I know - stop getting married, but that does not work this late in the game.

This message was edited Nov 7, 2007 2:57 PM

This message was edited Nov 7, 2007 2:59 PM

This message was edited Nov 7, 2007 4:01 PM

Dyson, your GD is beautiful! You know what they say : the more,the merrier!LOL
Joey, thanks, JW looks so healthy and beautiful! Would you give him a kiss on that cheek for me?
Sharon, aweeeeeeeeeeeeee, sweet Prissy!
Marsue, thanks, the park is 5 minutes away from my building. I know every path,my kids played there too and I walk Boss there everyday.
Deb,what a beauty!
I don't know this maple's name,but he is one of the biggest in our park!
It's been very cold, 28 in the morning and only 41 during the day, it's been snowing this evening,more like sleet.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

adina thank you and the image of the tree is fantastic!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

dyson, now I am confused, too! LOL My DH and I have 8 grandchildren between us--4 are his and 4 are mine but they are all really "ours". Plus we have "grandchildren" that we claim from friends--one of them is 12 years old and she told DH (Pa Buddy) that even though she loved her 'real' papaw that she would always love Pa Buddy better (He has been the only stable male role model in her life since she was born). That statement made both of us cry (DH and me)!
Adina--beautiful tree. Brrr--it's cold over your way, isn't it?--Just talking about sleet makes me cold!

I have spotted a beautiful tree just down the road from my house which has yellow leaves all over it--one of the few really pretty autumn-colored trees around here this year. I have to go out later to pick up some RX's and I will take a pic of it when I do. Last year we had a really beautiful autumn with all the different colored trees but not this year--so sad! :o(

Thanks, here's the sunset yesterday.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Marsue,same here about the trees !
This morning sunrise.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The moon I saw before !

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

No way to catch up. Hate to be so impersonable.

44* and a chilly day for Iowa.

A few minutes later it was more color.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Sharon, do I have a weekly tremor report? No, but I can go to a USGS web site and see all of earthquakes for the past seven days.

Nice pictures, Adina.

I won't give you all the usual Van Nuys report because it does not represent here. Here, it is 82Fand sunny at 2PM.

Here is a PA picture. This is a church in Ohiopyle. That's all I know about it.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

adina, pretty sunset and sunrise photos. It seems that sunsets and sunrises are beautiful all across our world!
Beautiful old church, Kelli!
It is hard to catch up sometimes, isn't it, billyporter? :o) You are cooler there than we are. Right now it is 52*F on my back porch.

I snapped a couple of pics of trees when I went out a little earlier.
Here's the one with the yellow leaves only they look more orangey in the photo--must be the angle of the afternoon sun..

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

and here is one down the street in the other direction from my house

Thumbnail by marsue
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

The first one is a ginko, but you might already know that.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Sharon: Your butterfly is a sulphur and I'm pretty sure it's a "Cloudless Sulphur".
Rann: OUr sunrise/sunset times are the same as Sharon's. Comes up bout 645Am and sets round 530PM. Too late and too early, imo! LOL
Dyson: What a gorgeous little granddaughter!
Adina: I do love that maple tree. Pretty sunrise, too.
Marsue: Wow! That's an amazing yellow tree.

No frost last night, but ...
Currently at 715PM, it's 46F on my back porch. Freeze warning tonight. (Too early for that, too!)
Deb

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

kelli: were you referring to the first tree picture I posted? If so, I did not know what kind of tree it is.

(Zone 3b)

3pm ~ sure wish this gray day would finally produce the predicted snow. It's 34*, very windy and clouds 3/4 down the mtside. Very dim light.
Dyson~ your gd is so pretty;
Prissy sure was having fun, and you did well getting that expression on "film" :)
adina~looks nice there, the moon/sunrise/sunset pics are very nice. Sleet, not so nice.
marsue~oh so pretty; the golden leaves are just beautiful.
kelli~the church is picture perfect, the setting is just great.
rann~"fairly calm" sounds ok :))
Like there, quakes are frequent but only those in this area, of 2.5 or more, are reported on the local weather site. Today's list has a 2.8; a 3.2; and a 2.5.
12-06
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Good pic of the hockey players, Kiska. Is any of your crew on that team?

Tomorrow afternoon my DH and I have to drive up to my MIL's house 65 miles from here. We will spend the night with her so we can have her to the Surgery Center in Conway-35 miles from her house--by 9 a.m. on Friday. They will put a scope down her throat and look around in her stomach to see if she has an ulcer that has not shown up in previous tests.
Anyway, it will probably be Friday night before I will be able to "talk" with you guys again.
Have a good day tomorrow and Friday, too.!

Here's our local forecast:
Tonight: Generally clear. Low 36F. Winds light and variable.
Tomorrow: Mainly sunny. Warmer. High 69F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Tomorrow night: A mostly clear sky. Low near 45F. Winds light and variable.

Today was cooooollldd!! This morning it was 21* although there was only a light frost on my truck. lol. Heavy frost on ground though! It warmed up to low 50s but I still had to wear a coat cause the wind was so cold at times.

Took this last month on my way home from a RU.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

We are still getting intermittent frosts. Nothing hard yet. Currently 35 and winds have died down a bit.
Dyson, what a beautiful healthy looking grandchild. My DH and I have grandchildren and greatgrandchildren from two marriages. They are all our stock, and our family. I think sometimes you do the world a favor when you mix and stir those genes a bit. LOL

(Zone 3b)

marsue~wishing your MIL well w/exam; been there,done that and it all paid off. Have a safe trip.
The player in the blue jersey, w/ 9 showing, is our oldest gson.
se_eds~ glad the winds have died down; sure going strong here.
pepper23~what a pretty evening pic. very nice. RU/as in DG reunion?
dark, cold and windy...some moisture now so hopefully it's going to become snow.
Kiska

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.