Underwater Gardens #5

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Is the ugly you just posted a frogfish? I'm so glad you are here! It's hard for me to keep this up all by myself. And we all love your great photos so much! Almost as much as your bad jokes and warm hugs! So, show me something else, pretty please??

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

More pics please!! And keep up the bad jokes. If you post one bad enough it might get the honor of being passed around at work.

West Bay, Cayman Islands(Zone 11)

not a frogfish....scorpionfish....master of camo....really sucks to step on one.....i have so many different shots of these...gorgeous colours in the fins...another time....

okay, i did some checking in old files and here is a shot my friend shot of me.....coming thru a small opening in the wall....note dome port, long arms, strobes not pointing in the right position...but, gives you an idea of the set up i shoot with....housed nikon d100, dual sea&sea 120 strobes, nikkor 17-35 f2.8, dome port, enough air, etc....

Thumbnail by caribblue

Great shot!!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

You have Paul Newman blue eyes........great shot. Don't how you ever maneuver with all that equipment and swim besides.....very impressive.

LouC

Glowing Paul Newman eyes. LOL. Had to back and look to see. Was distracted by all the equipment the first time.

looking to upgrade soon if anybody wants top notch stuff....cant advertise here but y'all know how to find me......gotta keep up with the big doggies!!! need to get out of the wrenches and back into publications!!

these blues can burn holes in paper!

No use for them here unfortunely. I do need better cameras though. Will one day.

LOL. Good one.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Is there anything I could do? Oh wow! you know that is my goal for you. Soooo excited.
Who can I call.....email....go see....send a letter.....

desoto texas....get any mail lately?

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

No.

are you sure? sent dmail earlier before some one talked me into post here again....someone...you know who you are!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Will check.

I know it wasn't me though I should have bugged you with a d-mail every day til you got back on here.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

john, you have dmail.

let me know please christie....i have an image to share with you again...you made a comment on my pixamo site about it.....i shot it the day my pops passed.....didn't know it at the time but it has brought strength to us with it's promise!!! wont share it here as this is and underwater thing here...if you remember it and would like a copy...let me know...sunbeams through morning clouds....little did i know.....sorry friend,

j

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I most certainly remember Pixamo. Very moving. I did get the Pixamo but not a d-mail.
Would it be difficult to send it again?

Pass Christian, MS(Zone 8b)

Fantastic pictures!
Its amazing how many people view this thread.
You guys do a great job!

I have gone diving with lots of underwater photographers, and I am always amazed at how they manage all that equipment!

How I long to be, under the sea!
Thanks so much for sharing the photos!

Cath

Hi Cath, meant to say hi last month when you first made posts here...MY bad......thanks for all the input here and sorry for not introducing myself before this....dealing with things here and just now pulling my head out ....gosh, it is dark up there....anyway, thanks for joining us here, the best friends of my life can all be found on 3 threads!

aurabest,
john

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Happy happy day! John, I don't know if JB would ever agree to using all that equipment! He wants to take good pics - and your's are a constant inspiration, but he also just enjoys the heck out of diving! And all that gear must take so much attention, and time!! Whoosh! He went out on a nite dive last Saturday and he and one other guy (yeah! a witness!!) saw the most unusual anemone ...neither one had seen it before, and when they describe it no one else recognizes it, and it isn't in any of our myriad of books! There have been several new species found out here, and they are thinking this might be another one, but neither of them had their cameras!!!! It was oceanside - not in the lagoon, so hard to pinpoint the location, but they are thinking of getting a large group together to go try to find it again. Cool beans huh?

don't know where ya went island girlie.....glad to see you again tho.....catch up over the next day or so.....good luck with the new slab......thanks for the kick in the seat!

j

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Anytime my dear, anytime! Love the pic of you!

yeah....do i need to call the airlines? don't make me come out there and document a new species of creature........

"BurstingPipeAnemoneFish" feeds on front lawns and concrete, known to be voracious in certain neighborhoods....has a fondness for hibiscus and lawn furniture.....only known predator are men with orange suits on backhoes.....

let me know....

feel that hug?

j....night y'all,

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

hahahahahaha

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Me too! Truly laughing out loud.....can't type! Hey Pep! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

That one would be best seen in person. With the arms a flailing and eyes wide.......

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Okay, well since we don't have a picture of the "BurstingPipeAnemoneFish", I'll post this one instead. I thought the Goatfish was a pretty interesting representative of his spieces...

Thumbnail by Islandshari
No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Cool whiskers!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

yep....whiskers on the Goatfish, long noses on the Unicornfish...we get all kinds of strange looking critters out here!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Goat??? as in scavenger, tin cans, etc. or just the appearance?

Good girl. You know we get antsy without underthesea pictures.

mornin! goatfish wiggle whiskers in the sand to stir up small crustaceans and such for food.....

j

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi, J. Good Saturday Morning. My son had 6 goats a few months ago....wanted them to clean up the pasture....couldn't believe how pickey they were....wouldn't touch the burrs.
Sold 'em.....said they stink too much.

Looking at something that has got to very unnatural just outside my window.....a baby cardinal cleaning its beak on a banana leaf. Of course banana in my part of the world is unnatural.

Something else not natural. We are working on a bottle tree today. Have wanted one for years. DH found a post yesterday.....10' cedar, sunk it in concrete last night and gonna put the dowels in it today. Already have a few colored bottles collected. I'm so excited.

whooops, started the day off OT.

Goats are best curried! One of the local favorites too.....bottle tree...sounds interesting....i am posting this from work....lightning yesterday morning toasted our modem at home.....will try to resolve it later in the day or tomorrow....have fun

j

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Or barbacoa at one of our favorite Mexican restuarants.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Oh yum! Cabrito! One of DH's favorite mexican meals!

Hi everyone! Just now got on today....its 6:20 pm, and you are probably all asleep...GD's birthday party all day, and now getting ready for Scuba Doo - our big party with the dive club...too much in one day....I'll tell you about it all tomorrow. Pleasant dreams everyone!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Shari, when it is 6PM for you..it is 1AM for me. I think that is the same day.....making you 17 hours ahead. Did I do that right? Would love to hear what a party for the dive club includes. so if it is 10 AM for me....it is 3AM the next day for you. No wonder we have such a hard time getting on at the same time.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi, everyone.

I have been reading through this thread. Beautiful pictures, everyone. I really enjoyed it. As I was telling Islandshari in a private d-mail earlier, I don't scuba but one of those days, I'm going to treat myself and learn. I am definitely a reincarnation of a sea creature. I mean to say that I am at my best in water, be it lake or ocean.

Carriblue, I could kick myself. I just realized you live in Grand Cayman. We were there on Sept. 6th, as our cruise ship stopped for the day. Had I known, I would have tried to arrange to meet you. I tried to do that in Hawai'i with AlohaHoya but life saw to it that it didn't pan out. No matter, the next time we pass by Grand Cayman, I'll drop you a line. Same goes for you, AlohaHoya.

Sylvain.

Pass Christian, MS(Zone 8b)

Looking forward to the next photo's!

Everytime I check out this thread the following song always goes through my head....

I’d like to be under the sea in an octopus’s garden in the shade,
He’d let us in, knows where we’ve been, in his octopus’s garden in the shade.
I’d ask my friends to come and see an octopus’s garden with me.
I’d like to be under the sea in an octopus’s garden in the shade.
We would be warm below the storm in our little hide-a-way beneath the waves.
Resting our head on the sea bed in an octopus’s garden near a cave.
We would sing and dance around because we know we can’t be found.
I’d like to be under the sea in an octopus’s garden in the shade.
We would shout and swim about the coral that lies beneath the waves.
Oh what joy for every girl and boy knowing they’re happy and they’re safe.
We would be so happy, you and me, no-one there to tell us what to do,
I’d like to be under the sea in an octopus’s garden with you.

Hope everyone is well on this first day of Autumn 2007
Cath

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.